Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Snurdley
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

It just keeps getting better and better! Jack confirmed on the WOZ forum last night that the LE's will indeed have PDI glass. The only downside to this is that I'm sure once I see it on my WOZ, I'm going to want to buy it for all my pins.

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

'm going to want to buy it for all my pins.

You know you already wanted it for all of them anyway, you can't fool us

#3 8 years ago

I just read on the group that it is definitely included. Made my day!

#4 8 years ago

oh man 18 days left to get in on this.......it's getting hard to resist!

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

You know you already wanted it for all of them anyway, you can't fool us ...

Truth be told, I've been contemplating PDI glass for a while now. Whatever you do, don't tell my wife how much each sheet costs. The divorce would be finalized before the glass even left Germany.

#6 8 years ago

This machine keeps getting sexier all the time!

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Truth be told, I've been contemplating PDI glass for a while now. Whatever you do, don't tell my wife how much each sheet costs.

Maybe after she sees it, she'll give you the okay to get more. We can always hope at least.

I have a sheet ordered for my AFM. I showed my wife the videos and photos of the glass and the difference it made and she thought it looked pretty cool. I don't think she'd like me getting it for everything, but one sheet wasn't a problem.

#8 8 years ago

If JJ decides to use optical grade non-glare glass for all it's games, Jack may very well seek out a company in the States that can manufacture the stuff for less. This could turn out to be great for us collectors, as we will finally have a less expensive option than PDI.

#9 8 years ago

I have 4 sheets of PDI and only two pins right now anyway. It's great stuff!

#10 8 years ago

Did a quick search for PDI glass on Youtube, no luck. Anyone got a link, I've never seen the stuff...

Nvm, found it at Pinballdecals.com

WOW! Starting to be very glad I jumped on WOZ #737!

#11 8 years ago

PDI is Pinball Decals Inc.
I got a piece in TZ. It is nice but I'm not going out of my way to buy it for my other machines. I really don't feel it's worth the price. I asked several guests to guess which pin has the PDI glass and so far none have got it right, I've asked 5 people and 3 of them said WH2O 2 said MB.

The average joe can't tell the differance.

Now, Why is jack going with Glare reducing glass? Is the LCD display going to be an issue?
He originally said he wasn't...why did he change his mind?

1 week later
#12 8 years ago

@ wesperron
Where are your games located ?
It makes a huge difference if you use the glass in your basement with nearly no light or if you
have daylight conditions in your game room from the sides.
The delta between regular glass and non glare glass in darkened rooms or game rooms with perfect light setup (indirect light sources) is hard to see. Compare those two sheets with light
around you. I can't imagine that your guests wouldn't see the difference.

bibi,

Roman

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from wesperron:

Now, Why is jack going with Glare reducing glass? Is the LCD display going to be an issue?
He originally said he wasn't...why did he change his mind?

Being a Hyperpin guy, and never having PDI glass, I can say that all LCD / Real DMDs will have some glare on standard tempered glass. Is the glare more an issue since it is LCD - NO. Will the PDI look nicer - Absolutely (althought I have never owned a sheet) Is it work $200 a sheet, well that is opinion.

#14 8 years ago

I have had games side by side one with and without and it is absolutely better with it. Now, is it worth the $$$. To some yes and to some no. I happen to like it and think it will be an absolute on WOZ with the LCD.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I have had games side by side one with and without and it is absolutely better with it. Now, is it worth the $$$. To some yes and to some no. I happen to like it and think it will be an absolute on WOZ with the LCD.

Yeah, on certain machines I think the PDI glass is a really nice upgrade. I saw a CV with LED's and I think it could of really used PDI glass, the glare was harsh.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside