• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
20150827_205412.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Question: I'm playing in a dim room, no overhead lights, ambient light or lights from back box of the game. Is PDI still a big deal?

I play in the same situation, and I have to say an emphatic yes. It's a noticeable difference, and photos don't do it justice, unfortunately.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I've heard PDI was more durable (maybe) as invisiglass is more of a coating and PDI is more of the a whole glass treatment (not sure if that's true). Do you think one is better than the other as far as scratches or one is easier to take care of?

they are both coatings.

#23 8 years ago

[dangit hit quote instead of edit]

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

The only light in my room when I play is from my machines, but reading above, it sounds like I would still benefit from optical glass at some point. When I clean my glass now, I use Liquid Glass. Is that acceptable on PDI glass? I have to clean a lot because there's a lot of dust.
Does PDI scratch the same as regular glass, not as easy, or more easy? Not sure how much of an issue this would be for me, but my Firepower's glass has a lot of scratches in it. It's the way I bought it so I don't know if it's from jump balls or something else though.

i would think PDI/Invisiglass it would probably scratch more easily, since the coating is an additional potential point of damage.

having said that, my pin room is pretty dark and i think my Invisiglass makes a big (positive) difference.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pdi-glass-comparison?tu=pezpunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.