• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
20150827_205412.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago

The PDI glass from Pinball Decals is the absolute very best.

I presently own and have tested all of the optical glass out there along with invited guests to my home. Starfire, museum glass, Invisaglass, PDI glass.... Its a run away winner with the PDI glass and I've been testing for years now.

Skeptical? - Open invitation to anyone to come see and play my collection and decide for themselves. Boulder, Colorado, locals and travelers always welcome. I have done this demonstration of the different glasses many times.

It baffles me when people pay $150 or $200 for a unique mod to a specific game but not a little more for the best pinball upgrade of them all. And its transferable to other machines so go ahead keep it if you sell a game.

Put some people together for a moderate or large order. Then ask Pinball Decals for a discount and split the shipping. This is what I've done and I still have a few sheets to sell if you're local.

Note: I am not affiliated with PDI or Pinball Decals and am only an enthusiastic customer. Besides, I love talking everything pinball and showing off my collection. Stop by and see for yourself the difference.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html

Shoot me private message if in Colorado or traveling here.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Question: I'm playing in a dim room, no overhead lights, ambient light or lights from back box of the game. Is PDI still a big deal?

For me it's a big deal. But I'm told I'm anal about my games. Its true but LOL.

I have some old school friends that have been playing for years and see no glare at all. Old scratched glass or new and they're happy as can be. And I have other friends that complain to me how they never noticed the glare before until I pointed it out to them. Now they see it everywhere. But even the old school guys will stare at my games, away from their own, not knowing why they look different but commenting how pristine they look.

Other people especially newbies with fresh eyes will ask, Why isnt there any glass in your games?

To each their own and we all have to justify the price but for me its worth the money. If the glare is acceptable to live with I'm happy for those that don't need it.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from hawksfan:

That being said no matter how good they are there is no way I'd pay 300 too but a sheet of glass, it looks good but it's not 300 dollar good.

Many other people share your opinion and I understand and respect that. Just like I can't justify paying $100 - $200 for a game specific mod that stays with the game when its sold.

For me, the PDI glass is such a significant upgrade that I can and do justify the price. My friends appreciate me spending the money also. lol

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I've been thinking about it too so I wonder what kind of group buy price we could get....like a pallet load.

I bought 40 sheets from Pinball Decals and they were very fair with me. Each one of you will have to negotiate your own deal but Joey is great to deal with and a man of his word. There was a time delay in receiving it but that didn't bother me.

I mentioned before that I have some extra PDI Glass to sell and I can save you the shipping cost. I'm also selling some of my used PDI Glass in excellent condition for really a great savings. Single owner private collection. Stop by, look at it in my machines and slide out the pieces you want.

My two sheets of Invisaglass I will sell for $50 each.

CASH AND CARRY ONLY. - I'm in Colorado. Send me a private message for details. - No shipping

#34 8 years ago

My collection fluctuates around 30 machines, plus or minus. By selling the extra and some of my used PDI glass, I intend to make a small profit. Enough to pay for my shipping costs and maybe a little extra.

This way my friends and local pinheads will get free shipping and instant delivery as I pass the savings along.

That's a win for me and win for them, yes?

#35 8 years ago

***CASH AND CARRY ONLY. - I'm in Colorado. Send me a private message for details. - No shipping***

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I mentioned before that I have some extra PDI Glass to sell and I can save you the shipping cost. I'm also selling some of my used PDI Glass in excellent condition for really a great savings. Single owner private collection. Stop by, look at it in my machines and slide out the pieces you want.

CASH AND CARRY ONLY. - I'm in Colorado. Send me a private message for details. - No shipping

I just now sold 3 sheets of my used PDI glass to a Pinsider today. Right now this is a Pinside deal but I will soon be placing a Craigslist ad.

thanks

3 weeks later
#62 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Thumbs up for Mr68 for doing this, I recently bought a sheet through him and after installing it last night I can testify that it really does look like you're playing with the glass off (my wife was totally fooled). Very cool stuff and worth the investment!

Thanks, it was nice meeting you.

I have a few sheets of the PDI glass left to sell if anyone around Colorado is interested. I'm not a distributor so once its gone, its gone.

Or you can go to Pinball Decals and order some. http://www.pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pdi-glass-comparison?tu=mr68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.