• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
20150827_205412.jpg
image.jpg
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

TZ with DPI, expensive but wow is it worth it! Lol I had friend walk up to it and asked if I play it that way? What way I said, he said without glass haha! It's freaky cool!!

image.jpg

Ok, that looks sweet. I have been debating buying PDI for my TZ but then i'd have to buy another for my JM. It's just so expensive I really need to see it in person...

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

TZ with DPI, expensive but wow is it worth it! Lol I had friend walk up to it and asked if I play it that way? What way I said, he said without glass haha! It's freaky cool!!

image.jpg

FYI, when you download a picture you can rotate it before you post, just look for the rotate button. You can also rotate it after you post too, just hit Edit topic, rotate and repost. Game looks great.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

FYI, when you download a picture you can rotate it before you post, just look for the rotate button. You can also rotate it after you post too, just hit Edit topic, rotate and repost. Game looks great.

Got it! Thx

#54 8 years ago

I could use a sheet of pdi glass if anyone in LA is placing an order.

2 weeks later
#55 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The PDI glass from Pinball Decals is the absolute very best. I presently own and have tested all of the optical glass out there along with invited guests to my home. Starfire, museum glass, Invisaglass, PDI glass.... Its a run away winner with the PDI glass and I've been testing for years now. Skeptical? - Open invitation to anyone to come see and play my collection and decide for themselves. Boulder, Colorado, locals and travelers always welcome. I have done this demonstration of the different glasses many times. It baffles me when people pay $150 or $200 for a unique mod to a specific game but not a little more for the best pinball upgrade of them all. And its transferable to other machines so go ahead keep it if you sell a game. Put some people together for a moderate or large order. Then ask Pinball Decals for a discount and split the shipping. This is what I've done and I still have a few sheets to sell if you're local.

Thumbs up for Mr68 for doing this, I recently bought a sheet through him and after installing it last night I can testify that it really does look like you're playing with the glass off (my wife was totally fooled). Very cool stuff and worth the investment!

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Thumbs up for Mr68 for doing this, I recently bought a sheet through him and after installing it last night I can testify that it really does look like you're playing with the glass off (my wife was totally fooled). Very cool stuff and worth the investment!

Wis I had someone local I could buy from, I'd buy a few.

#57 8 years ago

Finally got a couple of sheets of PDI glass and it is truly remarkable. Glare has always bothered me more than most people, and PDI glass does a great job of reducing it to a more reasonable level. My translites are now back to being fully lit! (Had dimmed them down to reduce glare)

Anyone who is on the fence, do it!

#58 8 years ago

I just put a piece of Invisiglass in my STTNG.

The viewing angle makes a difference. From the players perspective it's amazing how it looks like there is no glass in the middle of the playfield. You can still see some reflection from the DMD towards the top of the playfield but it is greatly reduced.

I usually crouch down towards the sides of the cabinet to line up the cannons when firing. From this angle, the glas loses its invisible properties.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The PDI glass from Pinball Decals is the absolute very best.
I presently own and have tested all of the optical glass out there along with invited guests to my home. Starfire, museum glass, Invisaglass, PDI glass.... Its a run away winner with the PDI glass and I've been testing for years now.
Skeptical? - Open invitation to anyone to come see and play my collection and decide for themselves. Boulder, Colorado, locals and travelers always welcome. I have done this demonstration of the different glasses many times.
It baffles me when people pay $150 or $200 for a unique mod to a specific game but not a little more for the best pinball upgrade of them all. And its transferable to other machines so go ahead keep it if you sell a game.
Put some people together for a moderate or large order. Then ask Pinball Decals for a discount and split the shipping. This is what I've done and I still have a few sheets to sell if you're local.
Note: I am not affiliated with PDI or Pinball Decals and am only an enthusiastic customer. Besides, I love talking everything pinball and showing off my collection. Stop by and see for yourself the difference.
http://www.pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html
Shoot me private message if in Colorado or traveling here.

Oh man thanks so much for this! I've been thinking of getting anti glare glass for all my tables but knew little to nothing about it. Did some more research off your link and found the website that tested PDI/Invisiglass/Stock along with the Youtube comparison video, now I have everything I need to know. Perfect, thanks a bunch, great timing on this thread for me

Maybe a dumb question, but how does this type of glass get along with pets? I have some tables at a house I use for filming and there is a resident house kitty cat there that likes to hop onto the tables and watch people play. Would that be a no-no with this type of glass? As in would it ruin it, or would it more like just require cleaning more often?

#60 8 years ago

Is PDI going to be at expo with any deals? That would at least save on shipping.

#61 8 years ago

I talk to Joey and he is not going to be at EXPO. He is extremely busy. Been on him for a while on getting Safe Cracker PDI glass. I think we may just get it but it is going to be next year. He just got his order of glass in.
You want something, just pay the shipping and get it to your door. If it breaks its on UPS. Although I have Never had any issues with the pdi glass getting to me with any damage. So remember you are paying for packing and shipping and glass is not light!
It is the best thing you can add to your machines. It is on all 11 of mine.
Magicchiz

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Thanks, it was nice meeting you.

I have a few sheets of the PDI glass left to sell if anyone around Colorado is interested. I'm not a distributor so once its gone, its gone.

Or you can go to Pinball Decals and order some. http://www.pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pdi-glass-comparison/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.