(Topic ID: 262040)

PDI glass comparison? What brand?

By javagrind888

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Which brand do people prefer? I've had Invisiglass in JJ games and Stern HD in Stern LE games, but now I hear Coin Taker has Voodoo?

My opinion so far is that Stern and JJ versions are equally clear, but the Stern one stands up to cleaning better (no micro scratches). Never seen Voodoo.

What's everyone's thoughts? Are there more manufacturers?

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from javagrind888:

Which brand do people prefer? I've had Invisiglass in JJ games and Stern HD in Stern LE games, but now I hear Coin Taker has Voodoo?
    My opinion so far is that Stern and JJ versions are equally clear, but the Stern one stands up to cleaning better (no micro scratches). Never seen Voodoo.
    What's everyone's thoughts? Are there more manufacturers?

There’s another manufacturer in your thread title, probably the best one too. My thought is spend your money on something else.

#3 4 years ago

I'd always heard them all called PDI for non reflective, didn't know it was its own company. Seems expensive to get from Europe though.

Odd no one has done a brand comparison from it all.

#4 4 years ago

I have all but voodoo. They all preform well. Find the one with the best price!!

#5 4 years ago

I have all but voodoo. So far PDI is my favorite by a wide margin.

1 week later
    #6 4 years ago

I've had them all and this is how I would rank them.

1.PDI glass hands down. Nothing comes close to PDI imo.
    2.Voodoo and invisiglass seems about the same so it's a toss up for me.
    3.Stern HD is last for sure.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from V4Vendetta:

I've had them all and this is how I would rank them.
    1.PDI glass hands down. Nothing comes close to PDI imo.
    2.Voodoo and invisiglass seems about the same so it's a toss up for me.
    3.Stern HD is last for sure.

Absolutely;Correct!

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from javagrind888:

I'd always heard them all called PDI for non reflective, didn't know it was its own company. Seems expensive to get from Europe though.
    Odd no one has done a brand comparison from it all.

There are at least 3 threads on Pinside already comparing them.
    ALL of this is subjective - but basically the general feeling is that PDI (aka “Roman” glass) and Invisiglass are roughly the same performance, with Stern and Voodoo a slight step down. All seem to give a slightly different hue (Basically unnoticeable without optical equipment) to the playfields underneath

I also have AP’s Magic Glass which I would put above the Stern/Voodoo glass, but it is comparably more expensive.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pdi-glass-comparison-what-brand?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.