Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by msj2222
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

So, I've had Invisiglass on all my games, but Invisiglass wouldn't fit my Safecracker (no special cut for that machine) . . . so i ordered my first sheet of PDI glass. As everyone has said, i can't really tell the difference in clarity between PDI glass and Invisiglass as far as quality is concerned . . . they are the same.

I did feel the PDI glass was packaged better than the Invisiglass and was as clean as it could be and ready to install right from when I opened it. The PDI glass was wrapped in paper, then bubble wrapped, then put in box, then bubble wrapped and put into another box. The PDI glass is double wrapped and double boxed along with the brown paper to keep it clean. The Invisiglass I have ordered and have on all my other games has always been covered in a light haze of white specs that is a pain in the butt to get off.

Moving forward I'm converting from Invisiglass to PDI glass if the prices stay the same due to this difference in the quality of packaging.

#2 10 years ago

Ive got invisiglass in a few of my games and will probably be changing out some other games as well. I think im going to give PDI glass a try just to mix it up. Thanks for the info.

#3 10 years ago

Wow, anti-JJP product posts on Pinside and no pitchfork mob in twenty minutes. Maybe times are a changin'.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Wow, anti-JJP product posts on Pinside and no pitchfork mob in twenty minutes. Maybe times are a changin'.

Get serious. I do prefer to buy made in the USA if all other things are equal, but that has nothing to do with JJP.

Anyway, hopefully McCune (who was possibly looking into it) or someone else in the hobby will be able to eventually sell an equivalent product for around $150.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Get serious. I do prefer to buy made in the USA if all other things are equal, but that has nothing to do with JJP.
    Anyway, hopefully McCune (who was possibly looking in to it) or someone else in the hobby will be able to eventually sell an equivalent product for around $150.

I saw McCune's post in another thread about this. It would be awesome to get source for the glass for $150...

#6 10 years ago

I have sourced the Glass, I have a sheet and it is awesome, it is made in the USA and I am trying to get a handle on shipping prices.

This thread proved that packing is critical and may cost more .

It might require a pre order so I don't over buy.

#7 10 years ago

Holler when ya know, because I gots to have me some.

I'm still hoping that eventually someone will give up the ghost and be able to cut me a sheet for Future Spa, because if I get that thing restored and powder coated, it freakin' deserves it.

#8 10 years ago

Both PDI glass and Invisiglass are great products (very clear glass).

It was nice seeing how clean the new sheet of PDI glass was after removing the brown paper cover.

Only now it more clearly reveals how I could have kept a ball in play longer if I had flipped the flippers correctly. Harder to blame the machine now for all those darn center drains.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

I have sourced the Glass, I have a sheet and it is awesome, it is made in the USA and I am trying to get a handle on shipping prices.
    It might require a pre order so I don't over buy.

Jim, I don't know what limitations you have on sourcing, but I am guessing that JJP orders reasonable size bunches of it as they need it so they don't have too much money tied into it at one time.
    If you could manage it that way, you could probably be a continuous seller of the glass and word of mouth would drive the sales up quickly I am sure. I guess another thing to be careful with is not putting too much of your own money into it until you know you have a hit.
    Best of luck with it. Many pinheads including me would love to see this turn out a success.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Until about three hours ago I would have said the packing didn't matter at all so long as the glass was kept safe. After seeing how nicely packed, and packed in a way to insure the glass doesn't accumulate dust and other particles, the PDI Glass was I now fully believe that the packing is critical.

Can't wait to see your product McCune. I need a standard size sheet pretty soon. How long are you looking before you can ship?

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Holler when ya know, because I gots to have me some.

I'm still hoping that eventually someone will give up the ghost and be able to cut me a sheet for Future Spa, because if I get that thing restored and powder coated, it freakin' deserves it.

Any custom size is no problem .

Quoted from DCFAN:

Jim, I don't know what limitations you have on sourcing, but I am guessing that JJP orders reasonable size bunches of it as they need it so they don't have too much money tied into it at one time.
    If you could manage it that way, you could probably be a continuous seller of the glass and word of mouth would drive the sales up quickly I am sure. I guess another thing to be careful with is not putting too much of your own money into it until you know you have a hit.
    Best of luck with it. Many pinheads including me would love to see this turn out a success.

You have to buy enough to get a good price . We are working on it everyday . At this point the best pricing will be two sheets shipped together.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Until about three hours ago I would have said the packing didn't matter at all so long as the glass was kept safe. After seeing how nicely packed, and packed in a way to insure the glass doesn't accumulate dust and other particles, the PDI Glass was I now fully believe that the packing is critical.
    Can't wait to see your product McCune. I need a standard size sheet pretty soon. How long are you looking before you can ship?

If the price is this good we can order two Tigerlaw so I can have one for a new machine in the future...cheaper shipping!

#13 10 years ago

I'd be in for two if comparable to the current offerings.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

As long as the glass arrives undamaged, I'd rather pay a lower price vs. pay a premium just to be able to take it straight from the box to the game without having to wipe it down. It only takes a minute to clean the glass and I'll gladly put in that effort.

#15 10 years ago

No Poll??? WTF? Invisiglass all the way! Check with Phoog for a custom cut sheet of glass.

#16 10 years ago

I'd like a Safe Cracker size and some standard sheets to start for Creature, Medieval, Elvira.

I was amazed at the difference this glass makes.

1 year later
    #17 9 years ago

Any update on this?

#18 9 years ago

JJP is running Invisiglass - buy 2 get one free and buy one get on 50% off til Sunday. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-invisiglass-sale-ends-sunday

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pdi-glass-and-invisiglass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.