4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Saveleaningtower
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

12.jpg
    mrplow.jpg
    image.jpg
    Just_spray_on.voila__Gone_.jpg
    Sparkle.jpg
    P1000249.jpg
    P1000248.jpg
    P1000250.jpg
    UPS-dropping_your_shit_since_1953.jpg

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

I was really on the fence about this expensive upgrade. But wow. It's like there is no glass there. Glad I only have one pin or this would cost a furtune upgrading a large collection. Worth every penny.

#2 4 years ago

I've been on fence as well. Funny thread here somewhere about a Pinsider that moves his sheet from machine to machine. I'm a cheap bastard like that.
    I'm gonna go for it !

#3 4 years ago

Funny, I have Invisiglass from JJP on my WOZ and I can't tell the difference, I think they put regular glass on mine by mistake because it looks like any other glass...

#4 4 years ago

My WOZ was shipped without Invisiglass so make sure. They are sending it to me. Like the OP says you should hardly be able to tell if there is glass in the machine.

#5 4 years ago

Just ordered mine !
    Not to brag ; but my UPS guy is really above and beyond.
    UPS-dropping your shit since 1953.jpg

#6 4 years ago

It really does feel like you could just reach through the glass without hitting anything. It's crazy how good the colors pop and good the figures / ramps look now on LOTR.

#7 4 years ago

I wonder how many have ponied up for invisiglass on a Twister or T-2? It makes BK2K and Earthshaker pop. One sheet is never enough... I've got 10.

#8 4 years ago

Your Woz box should have been labeled invisiglass if it had it. Hope you figure it out because it would have cost you more.

#9 4 years ago

So what's better PDI or Inviziglass? Someone told me Inviziglass was just coated whereas PDI is somehow different and maybe more durable. I'd hate to spend a lot on glass if it was not a lifetime product.

#10 4 years ago

Whether its PDI or Invisiglass, its worth the upgrade. I put Invisiglass on all my keepers. The only downside is keeping it clean.

#11 4 years ago

PDI is far better. I've upgraded all my Invisiglass to PDI. A vast improvement.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

PDI is far better. I've upgraded all my Invisiglass to PDI. A vast improvement.

Really? What is the difference?

#13 4 years ago

Scroll down to the video comparing PDI and invisiglass.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rXHANDYS9Wk?autoplay=1&rel=0

#14 4 years ago

Thanks for the video. Looks like there is no solution to my glare issue.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from terryb:

Wow, yeah side by side it looks like a big difference. I guess it always looked the same to me because I never saw two sheets that close to one another. Very cool! Any downside to PDI or is it pretty much the same as Invisiglass as far as keeping it clean?

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks for the video. Looks like there is no solution to my glare issue.

Go get yourself some Cheap Sunglasses.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Glarrownage:

Wow, yeah side by side it looks like a big difference. I guess it always looked the same to me because I never saw two sheets that close to one another. Very cool! Any downside to PDI or is it pretty much the same as Invisiglass as far as keeping it clean?

Same thing...use a vinegar-based cleaner and you're good to go. I use the Windex stuff. I have to get 4 more sheets, but I'm too poor in the summer to get it so I have to wait a couple months.

PDI also just seems to be thicker or more solid or something. Tough to really explain without seeing it. And the sides are sanded round. Simply a quality product all around.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from terryb:

Which is which? PDI on left or right?

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Same thing...use a vinegar-based cleaner and you're good to go. I use the Windex stuff. I have to get 4 more sheets, but I'm too poor in the summer to get it so I have to wait a couple months.
    PDI also just seems to be thicker or more solid or something. Tough to really explain without seeing it. And the sides are sanded round. Simply a quality product all around.

Good to know, I've read other threads breaking down the difference but I never noticed a visual difference until I watched that video. Nonetheless, if you have regular glass, the step up to either PDI or Invisiglass is a huge upgrade.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Glarrownage:

Good to know, I've read other threads breaking down the difference but I never noticed a visual difference until I watched that video. Nonetheless, if you have regular glass, the step up to either PDI or Invisiglass is a huge upgrade.

True, but if you're going to spend that kind of money (pretty much the same price), why not get the best?

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've upgraded all my Invisiglass to PDI.

So what did you do with all that useless invisiglass?

#22 4 years ago

Sold it to Saveleaningtower. He loves that shit. Can't wait for me to get my Hobbit so I can sell him another one.

(Just kidding, Ant!)

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So what did you do with all that useless invisiglass?

LOL.

#24 4 years ago

I'm just gonna take the glass off all my machines and upgrade the speakers.

#25 4 years ago

Wow ! Looks like there's no glass there !

What'd ya say ??

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm just gonna take the glass off all my machines and upgrade the speakers.

At least it won't rattle then.

#27 4 years ago

I SAID IT LOOKS LIKE THERE'S NO GLASS IN THERE.
    WHAT ?

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

At least it won't rattle then.

Zing !

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I SAID IT LOOKS LIKE THERE'S NO GLASS THERE.
    WHAT ?

People literally jump when they hit the start button on my ACDC. It's so frigging loud they don't expect it. Then they ask why I took the glass off.

I didn't.

#30 4 years ago

Ok seriously how do you fix that ?

#31 4 years ago

Oh yeah PDI glass is a must buy, I had it for TOTAN and sold it and had to have it again. Don't use Windex or other types like it to clean with. Pictures were taken with flash on.

P1000250.jpg
    P1000248.jpg
    P1000249.jpg

#32 4 years ago

Son of a ..... I just pissed out $300 for invisible glass and you got the spray-on kind ?!
    Just spray on...voila ! Gone !.jpg
    That's pretty ingenious. I'm getting a refund on this PDI bullshit.

#33 4 years ago

Unpacking PDI glass sucks donkey balls, but it's great stuff.

#34 4 years ago

I use Sparkle on my Invisiglass ...works like a champ
    Sparkle.jpg

#35 4 years ago

Do you think they will be selling PDI at Expo this year? I'd really like to get a sheet but was hoping for a deal/no shipping.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Donnyman:

Don't use Windex or other types like it to clean with.

Windex is fine if it's the ammonia-free (vinegar-based) version.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I use Sparkle on my Invisiglass ...works like a champ
    Sparkle.jpg

I use Mr. Sparkle. Can you see that I am serious?

image.jpg

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I use Mr. Sparkle. Can you see that I am serious?
    image.jpg

Mr. Plow works better
    mrplow.jpg

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Your Woz box should have been labeled invisiglass if it had it. Hope you figure it out because it would have cost you more.

I have an ECLE so it should be automatically included but my glass doesn't look any different than my Batman Forever next to it. Still see reflections and glare! I'm past the one year warranty but if I was shipped something other than what I paid for then they should replace it. I'll start a ticket and see what happens... There was a instruction paper taped to the glass with cleaning instructions but is there a way to tell, markings or anything that tells if it's invisiglass?

Tom

Tom

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

So what's better PDI or Inviziglass? Someone told me Inviziglass was just coated whereas PDI is somehow different and maybe more durable. I'd hate to spend a lot on glass if it was not a lifetime product.

Pinball News - First and Free - http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/glass/index.html

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Which is which? PDI on left or right?

Right.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Go get yourself some Cheap Sunglasses.

I wear my sunglasses at night...

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

I have an ECLE so it should be automatically included but my glass doesn't look any different than my Batman Forever next to it. Still see reflections and glare! I'm past the one year warranty but if I was shipped something other than what I paid for then they should replace it. I'll start a ticket and see what happens... There was a instruction paper taped to the glass with cleaning instructions but is there a way to tell, markings or anything that tells if it's invisiglass?
    Tom
    Tom

mine says "invisiglass" in white lettering in the lower left corner of the glass. bought it last year from JJP. don't know if they all have the logo or not. by the way, in my opinion, the difference between invisiglass and standard glass is pretty obvious.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Tom
    Tom

The Invisaglass should feel a little different too, more tacky or less slick than standard tempered glass.

#45 4 years ago

Where's the best place to buy PDI glass ?

#46 4 years ago

PDI.

I think you can only get it through Pinball Decals. He's the dealer for that glass...it's pretty much his product in the US.

#47 4 years ago

I have new and used PDI glass for sale in Colorado. Cash and carry only.

I have PDI glass in all of my games and I bought too much last month from Pinball Decals. If you want the used PDI, you can inspect it in my games and slide out the piece(s) you want. I'm the original owner (HUO) and its all in great condition.

If you want new PDI glass I will save you on the shipping charges. Its still wrapped from Pinball Decals, never opened.

I have a limited supply and its first come, first serve. Contact me privately for prices and details.

Thanks

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Funny thread here somewhere about a Pinsider that moves his sheet from machine to machine. I'm a cheap bastard like that.

HA! I thought I was the only one who does shit like that. I have had my only color dmd in a few machines now "just to see what it looks like". At least that's what I tell the wife!

#49 4 years ago

All good friends my voice came 75th with invisiglass, and I liked a lot, coming comes engraved with the logo of the JJP and written inviglass, look at the picture.

12.jpg

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Where's the best place to buy PDI glass ?

http://www.pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html

Save on shipping when you buy 2 sheets ($65 for 1 ,$75 for 2)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 30.00
    $ 33.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 263.55
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 28.95
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 209.00
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside