Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by russdx
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

MacroFab. You can get just one from them, and they have real good quality. Only had an issue with them once, and they quickly resolved it and sent me new boards. They *CAN DO* assembly, as well, in case you just are too lazy (like me).

Though honestly, OSHPark is NOT expensive. As long as you like purple? They're one of the better-priced manufacturers out there. Except for the fact you have to buy three.

#4 4 years ago

As far as I recall (I can be wrong now, as it's been a while since I've used OSHPark) it's be $15 for three - since you're getting 3 boards.
    And again, that's not a bad price. PCBs are NOT cheap, unless you get them in bulk.

#6 4 years ago

I guess it depends on what your end-goal is. Usually in pricing a board, you should also take your time spent into it. I'm not an expert by far, but I've done a lot of my own personal projects. Usually if there's an alternative that does what I need, I won't waste my time trying to make something similar. If there's a lack of an alternative, I will work on my own. (For example, one of my projects I'm playing with is for the P-Roc system, to hook up to one of the RGB LED driver boards, that will allow an RGB flasher. I've been looking and hadn't seen anything capable to do that yet.)

3 weeks later
    #12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

MacroFab. You can get just one from them, and they have real good quality. Only had an issue with them once, and they quickly resolved it and sent me new boards. They *CAN DO* assembly, as well, in case you just are too lazy (like me).
    Though honestly, OSHPark is NOT expensive. As long as you like purple? They're one of the better-priced manufacturers out there. Except for the fact you have to buy three.

Modifying my answer, since apparently I wasn't aware..

No more on Macrofab. They terminated their small-quantity prototyping. Sadly, now, you're ordering a full panel, so prices are in the upper $600's as of this writing.

Really saddened by this move, will need to check other recommendations here for small, populated boards.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pcb-fabrication-sources?tu=Coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.