(Topic ID: 24899)

PC version of Pinball Arcade now on Steam Greenlight!

By jrolson

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by radix
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glistoverflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 11 years ago

If this gets made, are they going to start going after Visual Pinball?

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

"going after"? Visual pinball isn't illegal.

Seems like with recreated tables using pinmame roms it is at least as copyright infringey as console game emulators, if not more so because of using actual table art etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for VP, just thinking that if someone comes out with an actual licensed PC product with the same tables, they might start looking funny at VP.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Visual pinball is a framework. It doesn't use mame or copyrighted artwork. Mame is an emulator it doesn't do anything on its own. Neither of these things are illegal. The roms you download angers into pinmame are freely available unlike most cartridge roms. So there's no issue there. The I ly issue is with the tables that some users make that do use scans of copyrighted art. But those are not issues with visual pinball. They are separate tables distributed by separate parties than the vp software authors.

Okay, so when I say VP, take that as shorthand for "the reproduction tables and roms that everyone uses VP for". Obviously the framework itself is not a problem, but I think we would be lying to ourselves to suggest that the main point of the framework is something other than playing real pinball tables on our computers. That's how the lawyers will see it, anyway.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glistoverflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pc-version-of-pinball-arcade-now-on-steam-greenlight?tu=glistoverflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.