Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by prostock32
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I'm going to start looking for this bizarre game. I know it's not held in high regard, but I enjoy it.

Anyone have a good feel for what one goes for?

#2 10 years ago

I paid $880 for ours 3 years ago. It was in OK condition except it was filthy. I'd say you should be able to pick one up for $1000-$1500 depending on condition.

And we love ours! The theme is great and it's fun to play.

#3 10 years ago

I am restoring one right now and it seems like a lot more fun than is given credit. Much better than SF2. If you can pick one up around the "G" mark then do it.

#4 10 years ago

The game has a bad reputation, however I like the theme so I enjoy it myself.

#5 10 years ago

Its also a good "flow" game if you appreciate that kind of play. Not too deep but still fun to play.

#6 10 years ago

Thanks guys. I'm hunting. I see some prices near $2k, but that feels WAY too high for this game.

#7 10 years ago

My buddy, who did not tell me he had one, let alone selling one, just sold a decent player for 1500.. Which I then said, I would have purchased it for 1500.

#8 10 years ago

Remember condition is king. Wear around the file cab magnet area is very common. 1500-2000 for one in excellent condition isn't out of line. 2k would have to be near HUO quality. Last I checked there is one guy in Australia that sells the file cab plastic (Which is always broken) for around 125-150.

I own the title and have a lot of fun with it....also being a fan of the theme helps me overlook it's flaws.

#9 10 years ago

I can recondition or rebuild the file cab no problem. I do a lot of modelling (kit and scratch builds) and airbrush work, so repair on toys is kind of my thing.

I'll just have to watch for a good deal I'm comfortable with. I get that some folks won't let it go for less than a certain amount, but I know what I'm willing to spend (thanks to some input from you guys), and I'll stick to my guns. If it's meant to be in my small collection, I'll find a deal.

#10 10 years ago

I really like this game. I think this is the most underrate game I ever saw. There's a dark mood, lot of missions, good flow ...

#11 10 years ago

love the theme, think a few have popped up on CL in the chicago area for 1600-2100 in the past year. The market is super high retail here though unless you luck into one.

#12 10 years ago

That's a good skill to have, but most of the breaks on the File cab are not repairable. Really thin plastic that just doesn't hold up very well. Unless you're saying you can make a new mold altogether...Then we should talk.

Good luck with your search. Hope you can find one in good shape. Also don't forget to check the boards in the box. Make sure no acid damage. It's a very expensive board to replace if it cannot be repaired.

#13 10 years ago

Yeah, so far, the price is either a bit much for what I think the machine is worth, or it's already sold.

I'll keep hunting. And yeah, I've done resin molds before. Just need an original or something close to work with!

#14 10 years ago

I'm in the same boat as you. I am also looking for one. good luck

#15 10 years ago

It's a great machine ... I have know idea whay so many people hate it. I think they were nail with the anti sega feel and refuse to check again with a new approach...

#16 10 years ago

They can be bought in the 1000-1500 range if you are patient like I was, just keep watching here and craigslist, Ebay prices are high on this pin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pc-on-x-files and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.