PBR Wedgehead metal back door

By dasvis

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Just received my PBR order for a new repro back door, channel, & lock on my Gottlieb High hand project - very nice.
Well done reproduction. Much better than the roughly cut chunk of particle board that someone had installed in it's checkered past.

#2 9 years ago

They do a nice job! How much did that set you back?

#3 9 years ago

Just under $70.00 - Door, channel, lock, & shipping.

#4 9 years ago

I don't think enough is said about how reasonable his prices are. Such an amazing resource.

#5 9 years ago

I agree....buy up that stuff now, because there will be a day when we will be saying, "Remember when you could buy new parts for Gottlieb games!"

#6 9 years ago

But save up your ordering needs and get that 10% discount at $100. Usually not hard to do.

#7 9 years ago

I sure wish he'd get the lockdown bars back in

#8 9 years ago

Fortunately my lockdown bars are all good.
Tempted to step up for the new coin door & striker plate though. Would really make that machine look sharp.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

But save up your ordering needs and get that 10% discount at $100. Usually not hard to do.

Whoa, did not realize that! I'll need to keep that in mind for next time.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Fortunately my lockdown bars are all good.
Tempted to step up for the new coin door & striker plate though. Would really make that machine look sharp.

There's nothing nicer than a new coin door skin/strike plate with new coin rejects and a red start button. It sure does make the game look like new if the rest of it matches.

I would do it for a game that resembles new staying in my collection. If I was selling it probably not.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Whoa, did not realize that! I'll need to keep that in mind for next time.

I have some stuff coming today and I'm guessing I bought about $98 worth of stuff.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

I agree....buy up that stuff now, because there will be a day when we will be saying, "Remember when you could buy new parts for Gottlieb games!"

Mmm-probably not in my lifetime!!!

#13 9 years ago

I've never put one of the doors on-striker plates and anodized red buttons and flipper buttons, absolutely. Fortunately the coin doors have all been good or I've found good used ones.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I've never put one of the doors on-striker plates and anodized red buttons and flipper buttons, absolutely. Fortunately the coin doors have all been good or I've found good used ones.

You are lucky - most of the ones I have gotten are kicked in &/or all bent up on the lock side.
Of course, I tend to gravitate towards the "fixer upper" cheap projects....

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

I have some stuff coming today and I'm guessing I bought about $98 worth of stuff.

Steve will usually throw in a few boxes of light bulbs if you are close in order to get you the discount. Let us know!

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

You are lucky - most of the ones I have gotten are kicked in &/or all bent up on the lock side.
Of course, I tend to gravitate towards the "fixer upper" cheap projects....

I do too, but I have been pretty lucky. I've only had to replace one that was really, really bent up.

I've got a Williams I'm doing right now that has some bend in it, but it's on a part that will not show when the door is closed, so I just straightened it out as well as I could.

#17 9 years ago

Does anyone know if PBR has any plans to make multi-player back doors? My Top Score didn't come with one.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Does anyone know if PBR has any plans to make multi-player back doors? My Top Score didn't come with one.

If you check with Steve Young and he won't be getting any anytime soon you might consider this guy who sells on ebay. He gives you a break if you buy multiple doors. I bought 2 doors and was happy with the quality/gauge of the metal.

ebay.com link: 2 Player Gottlieb Pinball Machine Repoduction Back Doors Backdoor Not Orginial

There are used ones out there - you can post on Pinside, Mr. Pinball, check ebay, get one at a show, etc..

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

If you check with Steve Young and he won't be getting any anytime soon you might consider this guy who sells on ebay. He gives you a break if you buy multiple doors. I bought 2 doors and was happy with the quality/gauge of the metal.
ebay.com link » 2 Player Gottlieb Pinball Machine Repoduction Back Doors Backdoor Not Orginial
There are used ones out there - you can post on Pinside, Mr. Pinball, check ebay, get one at a show, etc..

That seller is semi-local to me and I've bought a few of his repro doors before (in-person, thankfully). Good stuff. (Just got a 2-player door from him last week actually.)

His web site is:
http://www.everythingpinball.com/pinball-parts

if you wanted to purchase directly.

#20 9 years ago

I was going to make 2 doors that were missing on 2 Gtb`s, one for mine 2 ply. & one for my brothers 4ply. Went to the past York show and a vendor was selling them for $5 ea. SOLD!
The 4 ply. is about a 1/4 wider of which i will need to re-bend it a little smaller but it was cheaper than me to buy just the metal alone and bending them.

#21 9 years ago

Can't seem to find any Williams back doors. Need one, along with the metal channel, for my 1977 Liberty Bell. Any ideas other than just making my own?

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Can't seem to find any Williams back doors. Need one, along with the metal channel, for my 1977 Liberty Bell. Any ideas other than just making my own?

The seller noted three posts above will also make them for Williams games.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

The seller noted three posts above will also make them for Williams games.

The ebay guy or the everythingpinball guy?

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

The ebay guy or the everythingpinball guy?

Same guy - sells both places.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

PM sent.

4 years later
#26 4 years ago

Need a 1964 williams reverse wedge head rear head cover/door.
Been looking.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lakeville, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pbr-wedgehead-metal-back-door and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.