Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by xsvtoys
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I placed a sizeable order with Jimmy via email this past Monday. Usually, I get a confirmation from him within 24 hrs.

I followed up, but still nothing. Has anyone else experienced this with orders this week?

Hoping it’s my email, or they’re backlogged or some such- and everything is ok with Steve and the folks there... say maybe vacation?

alex

#2 3 years ago

Call PBR and ask for Jimmy, then you will get an answer to your question.
    -Mike

#3 3 years ago

I got a order from him last week.

John

#4 3 years ago

Alex, I had the same thing happen to me and I called today. There's an issue with certain domains, especially hotmail, they're encountering. In short, they receive your email and upon sending either a confirmation or clarifying email the person, in this case you, is not reviving it.

CALL THEM

#5 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I typically don’t call, given that email has worked so well in the past, and was wondering if there was an issue there.

Glad to know they are ok on their end.

cheers
    Alex

#6 3 years ago

I'm just glad PBR is able to bring his guys back to work now.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

I'm just glad PBR is able to bring his guys back to work now.

Don they have been open the entire time fortunately.

#8 3 years ago

Has anybody outside the US got parts recently sent?

Placed an order about 5 weeks ago and nothing yet.

#9 3 years ago

Everything is much slower due to COVID. The fact that I say this is for the morons in the world.

#10 3 years ago

Ordered Tuesday. Got my stuff today.

Be patient it’ll get there.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Alex, I had the same thing happen to me and I called today. There's an issue with certain domains, especially hotmail, they're encountering. In short, they receive your email and upon sending either a confirmation or clarifying email the person, in this case you, is not reviving it.
    CALL THEM

Interesting, I have had this exact thing happen to me with Hotmail more and more often in recent years. I have been on Hotmail for decades, but I think I'm going to get everything transferred over to something else. I haven't figured out what yet, but not Gmail, which is even worse crap.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I have been on Hotmail for decades, but I think I'm going to get everything transferred over to something else. I haven't figured out what yet, but not Gmail, which is even worse crap

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from illawarra92:

International USPS mail/packages from USA is very, very slow right now. I have been getting tons of "where is my package" emails lately and i have three open eBay cases for item not delivered yet I shipped promptly. I checked up on one the other day and according to tracking number the package sat at the chicago international distrubition center for almost four weeks before it finally got a scan in Canada. Numerous others to Europe, NZ, AUS going on 3-5 weeks transit time. Nothing has been lost, but very delayed.

Stuff coming into the USA is crazy slow too. I had a small bubble pack from China shipped March 12th arrive on June 1st.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

International USPS mail/packages from USA is very, very slow right now. I have been getting tons of "where is my package" emails lately and i have three open eBay cases for item not delivered yet I shipped promptly. I checked up on one the other day and according to tracking number the package sat at the chicago international distrubition center for almost four weeks

Careful with ebay. I had a similar issue. Not only did they hold my PayPal funds, they didn't want to recognize USPS is having some issues. 15 packages were fine. One to an adjacent state was bounced all around the Northeast and Ebay said the buyer protection is all they could offer. Package finally made it...eventually. I was almost out of product and payment.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Interesting, I have had this exact thing happen to me with Hotmail more and more often in recent years. I have been on Hotmail for decades, but I think I'm going to get everything transferred over to something else. I haven't figured out what yet, but not Gmail, which is even worse crap.

Interesting, I've been using gmail since it first became available (I know someone at Google who got me an early account). Never had a problem at all.

I can't say that I am crazy about the design of their web-interface, but it's always worked 100% for me.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

International USPS mail/packages from USA is very, very slow right now. I have been getting tons of "where is my package" emails lately and i have three open eBay cases for item not delivered yet I shipped promptly. I checked up on one the other day and according to tracking number the package sat at the chicago international distrubition center for almost four weeks before it finally got a scan in Canada. Numerous others to Europe, NZ, AUS going on 3-5 weeks transit time. Nothing has been lost, but very delayed.
    Stuff coming into the USA is crazy slow too. I have some stuff from China shipped March 12th arrive on June 1st.

There are a few specific sorting centers where things seem to have been getting stuck.

The MA sorting center has been painfully slow. I know of a few pieces of mail that have been stuck there for a full month.

However, everything I've sent out in the past few weeks has been delivered quickly. I'm guessing the usps identified the backlogged centers and started redirecting mail for regional sorting to other centers.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Interesting, I've been using gmail since it first became available (I know someone at Google who got me an early account). Never had a problem at all.
    I can't say that I am crazy about the design of their web-interface, but it's always worked 100% for me.

For a long time, hotmail has simply been known as a domain where a lot of spam comes from. As a result, hotmail tends to be on the naughty list for a lot of spam filters.

#18 3 years ago

My friend Welby Bergum just made an order from PBR via telephone with Steve Young himself. No problems.

#19 3 years ago

I ordered yesterday afternoon, received confirmation email this morning.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ordered Tuesday. Got my stuff today.

Ordered my stuff on Monday, its still not here. However, that's USPS's doing, not Steve's. I also emailed Jimmy today with a few questions, he replied back within 15 minutes.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

My friend Welby Bergum just made an order from PBR via telephone with Steve Young himself.

I've place 2 phone orders recently. Didn't get a busy signal either time, which is pretty unusual. Steve (himself) picked up right away.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skidave:

Careful with ebay. I had a similar issue. Not only did they hold my PayPal funds, they didn't want to recognize USPS is having some issues. 15 packages were fine. One to an adjacent state was bounced all around the Northeast and Ebay said the buyer protection is all they could offer. Package finally made it...eventually. I was almost out of product and payment.

I think this one may actually be lost.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=%209400128206335175928760

Others have arrived finally but beyond the ebay guarantee date. I shipped promptly, but usps slow. We'll see what happens.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yes I’ve had gmail Since it first started also, and it does work. I have gone back and forth between Hotmail and Gmail for years. I mostly stopped using Gmail when they shoved conversation view down our throats. Yes it can be turned off now but for a long time it could not be. Conversation view is the sickest most vile piece of software user interface ever hoisted on the planet Earth. It was the attitude that Google had originally that really bothered me, they said they would not make the change to allow it to be turned off because they “knew” that it is a better way to do things. Well eventually the backlash worked and they allowed it to be turned off, although it took forever to be enabled on mobile devices. So maybe I’ll move everything back to a Gmail and get off Hotmail. But sometimes I think it might be better to stay away fro the big players and go with something like Proton.

#24 3 years ago

I’ve also ordered this week (Tuesday) and received my stuff today.

#25 3 years ago

I see the thread title and keep thinking about Pabst Blue Ribnon

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

thinking about Pabst Blue Ribnon

Apaarently thought about one too many?

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I see the thread title and keep thinking about Pabst Blue Ribnon

You wanting a Pabst Can Crusher? Mine's coming up for sale in the next couple of weeks

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

You wanting a Pabst Can Crusher? Mine's coming up for sale in the next couple of weeks

Got a Primus already

#29 3 years ago

To be clear, my inquiry wasn’t meant as a compliant. It’s just that previous orders via email (and there have been a lot of them) over the past several years went like clock work, so I was concerned about some upset at PBR. My sense was Jimmy preferred emails, as do I, given how busy they are on the phone.

I had a visIon of a world without them......and it wasn’t pretty.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from illawarra92:

Rescue says the regular mails are broke, mail is being returned to point of origin. I just organized a ups express package for 11 pinheads so we could get stuff from the land down under. its due in next week

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

Don they have been open the entire time fortunately.

Really? When the shut down first happened I emailed an order and an auto response came back they closed. Then maybe within a week, they said they were taking orders.

#32 3 years ago

Jimmy processed my order fine, but the U.S. Mail to Mass has been slower than usual.

#33 3 years ago

I ordered Monday via email. It was confirmed and shipped Monday and received yesterday. From NY to WI in a few days. Couldn't be happier.

#34 3 years ago

PBR for sure has lightning shipping!! I think my check takes a week to get to them.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Just a heads up as I have tested this- Gmail is blocking a lot of hotmail addresses. You don't even know it is happening, there is no notification of a bounce. They just black hole the message you were sending, nor can you receive. I have had three people I regularly traded e-mails with and they have Gmail and one day they could not send nor receive anything in regards to my hotmail address.

My private "I paid for custom" address? No problem at all.

#36 3 years ago

Ordered parts Monday...Received yesterday

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Just a heads up as I have tested this- Gmail is blocking a lot of hotmail addresses. You don't even know it is happening, there is no notification of a bounce. They just black hole the message you were sending, nor can you receive. I have had three people I regularly traded e-mails with and they have Gmail and one day they could not send nor receive anything in regards to my hotmail address.
    My private "I paid for custom" address? No problem at all.

Yeah, doesn't surprise me, as I said, I have had several instances where I know people sent something to my Hotmail and those messages never came. Not in junk, not nowhere. Like you said, the problem is you have no way to know (unless someone has told you by other means), so who knows how many other times it happens and you never even know about it. I am working my way to move everything back to Gmail, its OK and doesn't seem to have these issues.

In relation to this thread, yes I also use Jimmy for all my PBR orders via email and the process has always been smooth as can be. Every once in a while there can be a delay of a day or two if he is off or whatever, but other than that no problems at all.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pbr-status?hl=skidave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.