pasted_image (resized).png
BD8DB874-A56E-401F-A185-2F3791D168E7.gif
20221212_230858 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221212_200325_Chrome (resized).jpg
flip2 (resized).jpg
flip (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlife.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

But, yeah, I do understand that some people are stuck in their ways.

We're actually not stuck in our ways, that's exactly why PBL used to use the USPS and no longer does. When USPS face-planted during the 2020 COVID lockdown and lost their ability to deliver parcels we stopped using them.
In mid 2021, after many requests to once again offer USPS shipping, we turned that option back on. Immediately, we once again had issues with many orders getting lost, stolen, seriously delayed or returned, so we once again stopped offering their service.
There's only one reason people ordering products for delivery like the USPS; they are the cheapest. And there's a reason they are the cheapest, it's because they offer the least amount of services.
Tracking is spotty at best. Many times parcels are only scanned twice, once when they arrive at our local post office and again when they are delivered. This can cause all kinds of panic and confusion. Customers look at the tracking for their parcel and it appears to just be sitting in our local post office for days. We get emails and calls from customers wanting to know why their parcel is *stuck* at our local post office. I have explained literally hundreds of times that it is not stuck, it's just that no one is bothering to scan the parcel at any other sorting station.
The lost/damaged/stolen/delayed/returned parcel percentage with USPS is about 10 times higher than with UPS. Even worse, when a parcel does go missing there is almost no chance of recovery. Anyone who has ever tried calling the post office to inquire about the where abouts of a lost/delayed parcel knows what I'm talking about. Getting a live person on the phone takes a lot of luck and patience. Once you do finally get someone, they could not care less about finding your parcel. Their entire parcel recovery system seems to be nothing more than a hollow shell that in reality does zero about errant parcels.
The USPS does not consider a parcel lost until it has been 30 days since it shipped. 30 days! No parcel is ever found after missing 30 days.
USPS insurance? Total waste of money. They simply never pay out.
UPS is not perfect, but when a parcel goes missing I can call my rep directly and either get it located and delivered, or get a refund issued.
Why is shipping cost higher when ordering from PBL? Because we don't supplement shipping costs with our product costs. This means if you are ordering a $5 item we are probably not the best choice.
Shipping cost is based on the first pound (the expensive pound) and them a much smaller amount is charged for every pound thereafter. The minimum charge for one pound of product shipped via UPS is around $12, and it only goes up from there depending on where you live and how far away you live from a UPS shipping hub.
PBL is not a shipping company, we are a pinball parts company. We don't set the shipping rates, the shipping companies do. Even though PBL does not own any shipping companies, we are still responsible for their performance. Therefore, we pick the most reliable ones.
I know everyone has had their own successes and failures with the various shipping companies out there and it may be that your experience has not been the same as ours. Our decisions are based on the data we have collected from thousands and thousands of parcels shipped. We have had by far the worst luck with the USPS.
So in summation: no, we are not stuck in our ways. We learn from real life experience and make decisions based on those experiences. If we were stuck in our ways we would still be using the USPS.
As always, I reserve the right to change my mind. I do know that if we ever start using the USPS to deliver our products again, I will start a Pinside thread documenting all the issues we have when they occur. I can only assume the issues will once again reach their tipping point and we will once again be forced to stop using them. When shipping cost complaints once again rear their ugly head here on Pinside, a quick link to the previously documented issues will be a much easier answer than this one!
Terry.

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from tomservo:I just received a Mouser order with $550 in parts in a box nearly half the size of a pin playfield via UPS 2nd day air from TX to MI and shipping was just $9.99.
[quoted image]

Well, I guess it's time to raise all my prices 10 to 20 percent and offer *free* shipping.
I'm just about to the if-you-can't-beat-them-join-them phase of this never ending circular argument.
There is no such thing as free shipping or $9.99 flat rate shipping (or any other less-than-actual-shipping shipping cost). I've been shipping parcels for over 20 years. UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS have never contacted me and said, "Terry, today we are not going to charge you anything to ship your packages", or even, "Today we are only going to charge you $9.99 per parcel, no matter what it is".
*Free* shipping is simply not a thing. Shipping cost has to be recovered somewhere, somehow. Always.
I've already overstepped my bounds by even entering the fray here. I know better. If you're in the pinball business and you argue your point in a public pinball forum, you always end up looking like the bad guy, no matter if you are right or wrong.
Terry.

1 week later
#127 1 year ago
Quoted from RandyW:

PBR supplies a LOT of the parts that Marco and PBL sell

Wrong. We buy only 1 item from PBR.
Terry.

1 week later
#131 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

but that one part is 51% of your total inventory, right? LOL Random strangers on the internet can't just make stuff up right?

Apparently they can, but no harm no foul.
I have nothing but respect for Steve. He will forget more about pinball than the rest of us will ever know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

€ 7.50
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlife.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pbl-vs-marco-parts-quality-?tu=pinballlife and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.