pasted_image (resized).png
BD8DB874-A56E-401F-A185-2F3791D168E7.gif
20221212_230858 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221212_200325_Chrome (resized).jpg
flip2 (resized).jpg
flip (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manimal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 1 year ago

I have a complete rebuild project going and over the last 2 weeks I have made 3 orders, totaling almost $500. I always start with PBL just because I used to go there and pick up in person when I lived in Chicago, and the guys at PBL were always great to deal with and talk to. But since I am now shipping to KS, I run PBL and a couple of others side-by-side to see what makes the most fiscal sense. I often end up with Marco because of the lower shipping and because they tend to carry more of the more obscure parts that PBL does not. I try to split up what I can when it makes sense, but the last order I just placed was about 20 coil sleeves, a set of flipper bushings, and 6 or 8 leaf switches. I went with PBL because I felt bad ordering everything through Marco.....but it was hard to eat the $17.55 in shipping for a bunch of stuff that would fit in a small, padded envelope. Terry....I hear you about USPS, but I know from my personal experience, you probably lost $300 in orders just from my most recent project because it cost me less to go with Marco. Maybe if you put a disclaimer with the USPS option and briefly lay out your concerns when someone checks that box, it will help manage expectations. I personally have had more trouble with Fed-Ex and UPS than anyone these days, but I do realize it often depends on the area you are in.

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

It's all good Terry - I think the majority of people here have no problem with your business and you will always get a few complainers that seem louder than the rest that are content. Keep doing what you're doing!

I don't know that most were complaining as much as just giving their own experiences and why they decide to do what they do. If it makes sense to go with PBL, I do that .....and many times even when it doesn't. I've met the Marco folks at the shows, but none of them have ever invited me in their shop to play games while my order is being filled like Terry has, and none of them have stopped to give me advice and ideas like the folks at PBL have, so I am glad they are out there. But I also am not in the habit of paying extra for what is already an expensive purchase if I can avoid it.

Admittedly, I'm nowhere near a big fish in the pinball parts purchasing world, and I don't expect anyone to change what they are doing based on my projects. All I can do is point out the missed opportunity. PBL is still in business, so I assume they are making money....they obviously know what is best for them.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I’m just wondering how anyone orders 5 dollars worth of parts? It’s like getting out of Sam’s club or Costco less than 100. Even if I forgot something that cost 5 dollars. 200 is gone if I walk back in.

Just last night I realized I left a plastic tray off my order, and it's less than a $2 item. I would love to be able to order it and have it shipped in a $2 envelope, but I don't think any of the suppliers are going to do that, so I will wait to see if I forgot anything else and save that part of the playfield for last..

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

No such thing.

The comment was actually rhetorical, and I figured someone would soon point to my "altered concept of reality". I was not disappointed.

However, the truth of the matter is, the eject saucer I am referring to could actually be put in a small paper envelope with two stamps and make it here just fine, so if we really want to get down and dirty, the $2 envelope solution is a reality.

I was simply pointing out I was not willing to pay another $17 PBL, or $10 Marco, for a tiny $2 part that I forgot to put on my last order....although I'll admit I will be scratching my head in what to do if I get to the end of the rebuild and don't have anything else to add in........

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm not being combative; just trying to figure out how two stamps works in your mind.
All of my shipments have to go out as "packages" to be able to later claim retail value if they ever get lost. I don't think any vendor in the world is going to risk putting two stamps on an untracked item unless it's a specific request from the customer who absolves the seller from all responsibility when it's done.
I've never been able to ship anything for under 3.50 these days. Here's a screen shoot of my actual shipping costs for customer packages:
[quoted image]
So; not really something a real vendor can do in today's world.
If you know specifically how to pass a $2 shipping on to my customers; please shar.

Lol....Like I said, I was making a point and a $2 package wasn't my objective, but I did have a fellow pinsider send me the saucer from NY in a paper envelope. Let's see if it arrives and what the cost was. I'll post a pic good or bad!

#123 1 year ago

Actually, I am surprised how many people say they order from PBR....I always used PBL and Marco just because they had 99% of what I needed, but I probably need to go back and take a better look at PBR when doing my comparisons.

2 weeks later
#129 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

No such thing.

Needed to follow through on what I said. Saucer made it intact for less than $1

Thanks Pintopia!

Saucer (resized).jpgSaucer (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manimal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pbl-vs-marco-parts-quality-?tu=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.