(Topic ID: 16588)

PB in Dallas

By PBINTHESOUTH

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

In town for 2 days. Anywhere to play AC/DC premium or LE
    Public places besides Nickelrama in Dallas?

#2 11 years ago

No public location that I'm aware of. Nickelrama has a regular/pro..whatever you want to call it. No under-PF.

#3 11 years ago

Nickelrama as far as I know is the only place to play pinball in Dallas area. Please let me know of others if there are any.

#4 11 years ago

The Cinemark/IMAX on Webb Chapel @ 635 has a few games..

Tron Pro
    AC/DC Pro
    Transformers Combo LE (Don't care what anyone says, I really like TF! Looking foward to finding one cheap someday!)
    Rolling Stones

There may be more there. The guy that's responsible for their game placement (or at least has an inside ear in it?) said that they were thinking about moving all pins to this one location. There is a Shrek in Plano @ 75/Legacy Cinemark that I know about. Not sure what else.

Nickelrama currently has, to the best of my knowledge:
    Tron Pro
    AC/DC Pro
    Batman: Dark Knight
    Transformers Pro
    Indiana Jones (Stern)
    Spiderman

Unfortunately LOTR left the building, don't even get me started on that.. NBA followed shortly after (Which I could care less about).

Post edited by Frax : Left one off Nickelrama.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Unfortunately LOTR left the building

They probably got annoyed at people asking them to fix the ring magnet

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chudmeat:

Nickelrama as far as I know is the only place to play pinball in Dallas area. Please let me know of others if there are any.

There's a Big Buck Hunter at the Red Robin in Grapevine for a buck a play, also one at a movie theatre in south Grand Prairie.

If you want to play $12 for parking or were planning on eating a $25 meal/shopping at the Gaylord Texan you can stop by there and play Spiderman.

I try to post all my finds on the map on this site as will as pinballmap.com and pinballrebel.com

#7 11 years ago

Anyone... Someone... Everyone... PLEASE update the pinside "where to play" map locations/machines. Only takes a few seconds and it's SOOO helpful! Thanks in advance!

#8 11 years ago

Nickelrama also has Spiderman, I left it off on accident.

LOL @ 1$/play BBH.

#9 11 years ago

Thanks all
    Headed to cine mark now

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Thanks all
    Headed to cine mark now

I may end up going over to Nickelrama tomorrow night if the wife is cool with me taking some "me time" lol. I've never played Avatar, and I never get enough of TF when I go to Cinemark due to the cost.

#11 11 years ago

Playing ac/dc pro was great..but wife not fond of angus face in pf

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Playing ac/dc pro was great..but wife not fond of angus face in pf

Well that does it, it's a flop. Your wife or you don't like it?

Pappy

#13 11 years ago

Found another one in the wild. If you want to play a poor condition Elvis and don't mind pizza that makes CiCis seem good (although the Sausage Soup was great I do have to say), the iT'Z in Euless is your destination!

It is one "point" a piece (a point is about equivalent to a token as a $5 card is 20) so it's probably the cheapest per play outside of nickelrama.

#14 11 years ago

Hey Frax, is Nickelrama packed on Friday nights like is saturday days?

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chudmeat:

Hey Frax, is Nickelrama packed on Friday nights like is saturday days?

Probably. Like I said, I haven't been over there in a while since they sold LOTR to someone that cleaned it up and flipped it.

#16 11 years ago

Going over there with my family in a few minutes. Will let you know. If anyone else is over there this evening, flag me down. I've got black Texas Pinball Festival hat, mario Woot shirt, brown sandals.

#17 11 years ago

Was not crowded, but it's amazing how little they care about their machines. Kills me.

So they have a TF Pro...can't be more than a few weeks old. No idea if it was NIB or pulled from somewhere else. Already it's got issues. The wire rebound gate that puts the ball into the lanes after plunging it is lodged and possibly bent wide open. You plunge too hard and it shoots right around the orbit.

AC/DC Pro - No MECHANICAL issue, but the machine is horribly off level.

Avatar - 1st time playing, table is set WAY too shallow, what a snooze fest. Also, horribly tilted to the right.

BDK - The right flipper comes up to full extension about 5-10 degrees higher than the left flipper. The left flipper is correct, the right one is misadjusted. Also, every direct hit to the Joker drop target results in a MASSIVE airball back down towards the flippers.

Spiderman - Also VERY shallow, has had weak flippers for a while now, still has weak flippers. Seems they leveled off the game to try and compensate so they wouldn't have to rebuild them for another 5 months.

IJ4 - It's all working....incline is okay but again... it's NOT LEVEL SIDE TO SIDE.

Tron Pro - Holy crap, it's sitting where the LOTR used to sit, so guess what...for the first time since they've had Tron in there, it's actually leveled. I blew this game UP today, got to Sea of Simulation AND was only lightcycle mode away from Portal! Every other thing was lit solid! Crap! I started SOS 1x, Lightcycle 2x (having to light all targets for it), and disc multiball 2x all on the third ball trying to complete that SOB!

Tack all these issues onto the fact that they raised prices on the pins from .15 to .20 (Yes, not normally something I would even blink twice about BUT they also had very low replay scores before, now it's damn impossible...SM gives an extra ball at 68 million...you can't even get 68 million it's so poorly maintained. The other games have been set extremely difficult for average players to get replays IMO.) and then they tried to charge me the entrance fee for my 2.5 year old? Seriously?

If that's the way they're going to roll, I won't be going back over there, and I'm officially done recommending that anyone else does. It's obvious their bread and butter is the redemption, I think the owner is likely just farming the machines to the arcade to appease a few adults that would never go in there otherwise, but there's only so much BS I can deal with. Those games are not fun to play in that state. If they would just have someone level the freaking things it would go a long way.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Nickelrama currently has, to the best of my knowledge:
    Tron Pro
    AC/DC Pro
    Batman: Dark Knight
    Transformers Pro
    Indiana Jones (Stern)
    spiderman
    Unfortunately LOTR left the building, don't even get me started on that.. NBA followed shortly after (Which I could care less about).

You should prolly put your latest knowledge on this:

http://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/nickelrama-679-garland-dallas-tx-united-states

also here:

http://www.pinballrebel.com/locator/searchlocationresult.php?metroarea=D%2FFW&showmap=yes

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

but the machine is horribly off level.

I've seriously thought of just leveling it myself. Only been there a few times, but when I noticed the shallow play or pull to the side, I get really close to just getting under the machine and working on it. If someone where to actually ask (and can you imagine anybody would care?) I'd be like, "I'm fixing the game." I played that Tron a bunch the day after launch and it was a little shallow but good side to side. At the time, the SM looked like it was jumped by a gang in a dark alley.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Tron Pro - Holy crap, it's sitting where the LOTR used to sit, so guess what...for the first time since they've had Tron in there, it's actually leveled. I blew this game UP today, got to Sea of Simulation AND was only lightcycle mode away from Portal! Every other thing was lit solid! Crap! I started SOS 1x, Lightcycle 2x (having to light all targets for it), and disc multiball 2x all on the third ball trying to complete that SOB!

Seems like you had a great game on Tron!! Too bad all the other games weren't maintained.

#21 11 years ago

Found a Family Guy in NRH that doesn't play too bad. Putting it up on the map.

Also, someone please rescue that poor South Park at the Putt Putt in Hurst. It needs a serious shop job, or to be parted out to fix other machines. That machine being out there is just ruining the reputation of our sport in the condition it is in.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Frax said:Tron Pro - Holy crap, it's sitting where the LOTR used to sit, so guess what...for the first time since they've had Tron in there, it's actually leveled. I blew this game UP today, got to Sea of Simulation AND was only lightcycle mode away from Portal! Every other thing was lit solid! Crap! I started SOS 1x, Lightcycle 2x (having to light all targets for it), and disc multiball 2x all on the third ball trying to complete that SOB!
    Seems like you had a great game on Tron!! Too bad all the other games weren't maintained.

Tron final score was 176,501,010. I slapped that game STUPID. I've got the GC score set on the machine right now, look for FRX. Hopefully it will stick for a while. It's the first time I've ever been able to set GC on Tron at Nickelrama.

#23 11 years ago

Wow! Congratulations Frax.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pb-in-dallas?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.