Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Aniraf
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 10.19.20 PM (resized).png
    There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

I was thinking about getting a bill to bill changer,

Just get a change machine instead. Many people will change in a $20 for quarters.

1 month later
    #52 6 years ago

I'm a patron to a bar which uses this tech for all of their pinball machines. I liked it so much that I kind of wanted to buy my own machine to put on route at a friends bar. It's absolutely seem-less and allows me to enjoy the games without $20 in quarters in my pocket.

Assuming it would hook up to almost any game, I think it's a winner for sure.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aniraf:

I'm a patron to a bar which uses this tech for all of their pinball machines. I liked it so much that I kind of wanted to buy my own machine to put on route at a friends bar. It's absolutely seem-less and allows me to enjoy the games without $20 in quarters in my pocket.
    Assuming it would hook up to almost any game, I think it's a winner for sure.

Local op here had it on solid state games all the way up to current titles from Stern and JJP. I also saw PayRange on the vending machines at the place I used to work at. Always wondered how many others there ever used it on the vending machine or actually even knew what PayRange was.

#54 6 years ago

Anyone ever tried to put Payrange on a change machine?

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Anyone ever tried to put Payrange on a change machine?

I think you could do it, but the potential pitfall would be that you would be paying fees every time someone got change for any reason, not just for playing the games. Depending on the location or whether or not there are other coin op machines in there it could start to add up over time.

1 week later
    #56 6 years ago

So I'm going to put a few of my machines in service at a friends pub. PayRange asked me if my machines are "Pulse or mechanical"? Does anyone know what that means? I mean, I would imagine the coin mech is mechanical, but sends a "pulse" of +5v to to coin up the machine?

I have no idea how to answer them :/.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aniraf:

So I'm going to put a few of my machines in service at a friends pub. PayRange asked me if my machines are "Pulse or mechanical"? Does anyone know what that means? I mean, I would imagine the coin mech is mechanical, but sends a "pulse" of +5v to to coin up the machine?
    I have no idea how to answer them :/.

You're pulse.
    Mechanical would be something akin to an EM, or an older-style vending machine that has a relay to 'latch'.

Edit: Well, I don't know what games you're putting out. So, ignore the first line there.

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

You're pulse.
    Mechanical would be something akin to an EM, or an older-style vending machine that has a relay to 'latch'.

Thank you! I had assumed the coin mech basically just completes a circuit. I guess it actually sends a specific "pulse" to the board on coin up?

A "mechanical" machine would be like a metal bridge touching two wires, then completing the circuit?

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aniraf:

Thank you! I had assumed the coin mech basically just completes a circuit. I guess it actually sends a specific "pulse" to the board on coin up?
    A "mechanical" machine would be like a metal bridge touching two wires, then completing the circuit?

Yeah, I'm guessing they'rte asking because a 'pulse' machine needs almost no current to flow. I.e. We're just dropping the input to 0v, or raising it to 5v. Whereas an older EM you have to allow a lot more current through to cause a relay to 'latch'.

Now, keep in mind, I don't have this system - I'm just making logical guesses as to what they're asking here. Someone else will likely chime in and offer.

Unless they're meaning something like an MDB bus (not used in arcades, but common in vending) vs a switch input like on our games..

#60 6 years ago

If you're hooking it up in place of a coin switch, I'm guessing it will need to be "mechanical" whether or not the game is SS or EM.

If you're hooking it into a connector for a bill acceptor, that would probably be "pulse".

#61 6 years ago

I think you could tell Payrange the machines you are considering, they would know what you need.

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I think you could tell Payrange the machines you are considering, they would know what you need.

Yeah, I did that and the still asked me. I’ll go back to them and find out if they can dive a little deeper.

#63 6 years ago

You know what...I'm watching this:

which is the BluKey "pulse" being installed into an arcade machine. Considering I'm going to attempt this with both an arcade machine and an older Williams pin, I'm thinking that looks like the right device. I won't have any bill readers, and this guy seems to be wiring up the exact type of coin mech I'm used to seeing.

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 10.19.20 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-01-10 at 10.19.20 PM (resized).png

#64 6 years ago

When I spoke with payrange some time ago, I inquired about ordering a single sample to test. They were willing to do that. You could try that as well.

Right now they're involved in a "land grab" trying to get their system in as many locations as possible so it seems they are very easy to work with.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

When I spoke with payrange some time ago, I inquired about ordering a single sample to test. They were willing to do that. You could try that as well.
    Right now they're involved in a "land grab" trying to get their system in as many locations as possible so it seems they are very easy to work with.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that they will help me get it right for the sake of their own company.

3 weeks later
    #66 6 years ago

Has anyone been able to wire their BluKey in such a way that it identifies coin drops? I see that the application offers a "cash transaction" metric, however seeing as they have never given me any instructions, I don't know exactly how I would use that :/.

I've also reached out to their support, if I get an answer I'll post it.

#67 6 years ago

I probably wouldn't worry about it. Their cash reporting is TERRIBLE. It's too bad..it would be a great feature.

Only about half our devices report cash to the webpage..but highly inaccurate.

One thing we've notice is their support is even worse than their cash reporting =). We've gone months waiting for devices to show up after they sent the wrong ones

Quoted from Aniraf:

Has anyone been able to wire their BluKey in such a way that it identifies coin drops? I see that the application offers a "cash transaction" metric, however seeing as they have never given me any instructions, I don't know exactly how I would use that :/.
    I've also reached out to their support, if I get an answer I'll post it.

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

I probably wouldn't worry about it. Their cash reporting is TERRIBLE. It's too bad..it would be a great feature.
    Only about half our devices report cash to the webpage..but highly inaccurate.
    One thing we've notice is their support is even worse than their cash reporting =). We've gone months waiting for devices to show up after they sent the wrong ones

So, as far as support…use their zendesk support online. I get responses in minutes, and they are really good! Everything else has been crap.

Overall I am pleased with the system, but it could be so much better. :/ it is frustrating to see something generally good that doesn’t have all of the features you would need.

#69 6 years ago

It hasn't been worth it for me, but that's partially my fault for not running any specials.

Also, my location is in a basement and no one has great reception. Also, just about everyone who has tried to use it with Andriod has given up. I gave the manager unlimited free games and his experience is so flawed that he doesn't even bother trying anymore.

Even people with iPhone decided that it's faster/easier to use quarters.

But clearly not every location is having these issues.

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

It hasn't been worth it for me, but that's partially my fault for not running any specials.
    Also, my location is in a basement and no one has great reception. Also, just about everyone who has tried to use it with Andriod has given up. I gave the manager unlimited free games and his experience is so flawed that he doesn't even bother trying anymore.
    Even people with iPhone decided that it's faster/easier to use quarters.
    But clearly not every location is having these issues.

It is hard to say, but I think I am about 50/50 quarters vs payrange right now. I haven’t heard of a lot of issues from customers, but I’m not at the location all day to watch it.

I am running specials and loyalty points. Also I gave the bar owners free game codes, which they use pretty regularly. I think one of them has a modern android phone. I suspect this thing doesn’t work great on old hardware, but I don’t know.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/payrange-mobile-payments-on-pinball-machines/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.