Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by tomm1963
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballstar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

So sick of paying Paypal $ 1000 plus per month a year and having them hold your money hostage at any time they choose for whatever reason - requiring me to call in, spend my time on the phone, etc... Bottom line, I'm sick of Paypal.

What electronic money transfer websites have any of you used for either personal and business uses... Any better than Paypal on services offered or fee structure ? Obviously a bit hurdle is everyone is on Paypal and it's widely utilized, might be an insurmountable hurdle to use something else for business purposes ?

Thanks for any help in advance.

#28 6 years ago

Thanks all - Prime example of my headaches - I've never had any issue - it's just them sticking their noses into your business... I get fraud is rampant and I guess it's good they are careful, how about this one... I sold a bunch of pre-orders lately of course with POTC and AFMRs too - so I get a bunch of $ 1000 deposits and I get an email saying they are holding thousands of dollars in funds until I send them copies of my invoices to show I own the property I'm selling... Privacy anyone ? What business is it of theirs ? Nobody's lodging any sort of complaint, but they just think - hey we should hold this guys money hostage until we bust his balls. I guess given the uptick in transactions they have to look at it... But I pay them $ 1000 plus a month, have accounts for 20 years on both personal and business accounts, great credit score, etc.. no reason for this other than they can. There's been other little things over the years but how would you feel if you put money into your local bank when to withdraw I and they said, oh we need to see your paystub to show where you earned this... Ridiculous.

I primarily use them for payments on games - mostly deposits as I don't want to be using them for bigger final payments due to cost - mostly we then use checks and wire transfers. They also are my credit card provider just out to convenience but frankly I don't get a lot of credit card transactions... I just haven't had the time to find another provider to do so as it's not a big deal.

My main concern is the fact everyone has paypal and when I need to accept payments I can't go tell people to go sign up with another service. Unless ones like square etc... don't require that and I can just invoice people... We are all so used to just saying 'paypal me $x to this email'... and it's done.

I guess I'm stuck with them. I can deal with them holding money here and there, but if they do that to businesses that live hand to mouth day to day they'd put them out of business.

Rant over ! : )
    Joe

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballstar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paypal-sucks-any-alternatives?tu=pinballstar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.