Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by tomm1963
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-willy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

What issue does paypal solve for you? Accepting credit card payments? Accepting non-traditional payments? Knowing the hole Paypal fills for you will help identify a replacement.
    In the era of PCI compliance, paying a fee to a payment processor that deals with all the PCI issues for you is probably a decent investment.

This is the perfect reply. What exactly are you using paypal for? If its to accept credit cards, there are much better options out there, depending on the volume you are doing in credit card sales. I worked at a large national bank for over 8 years, and i will say square killed us when it came to merchant services stuff.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Why are they holding your money? Sounds like you haven't done too many transactions (<20) or shipping to unconfirmed addresses. Anything over $250 has to be by a shipper that uses PO's (RL Carriers/STI) .
    I just bought a $2k 3d printer. The first company I went to didn't take PayPal, so my business went to someone who did. Just saying.
    BTW I have never had a problem, but not saying some people do (Although I think Pinside blows it out of proportion how easy it is to manipulate). For me Paypal is huge. I hate typing my CC info on some unfamiliar site, so it's convenient. They also offer 6 months same as cash, which I always take advantage of. In my case I look for businesses that accept it.

out of curiosity, what options did the first company offer? cash and check only? credit card by phone? did they have an online eCommerce site you could order through? Any particular reason why paypal was the make or brake for you?

Edit: after rereading i see it was mainly the convince of an easy check out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-willy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paypal-sucks-any-alternatives?tu=dr-willy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.