Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by phil-lee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

96e7aba6e7c2c2a2898d0e57a11e770f945f1d274d33ba94437a3b4cb7949820 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 7.57.03 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 7.56.18 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Barakawins1:

Especially, if you have a linked bank account to paypal.

Yep, that's about as bad as having any of your bills on autopay.

If you have paypal, I'd say give them as little ways as possible to get their hooks in your money

#12 4 years ago

Simple. Only use paypal for purchases and don't link your bank account.

Or better yet, don't use them at all.

#30 4 years ago
    96e7aba6e7c2c2a2898d0e57a11e770f945f1d274d33ba94437a3b4cb7949820 (resized).jpg96e7aba6e7c2c2a2898d0e57a11e770f945f1d274d33ba94437a3b4cb7949820 (resized).jpg
    #33 4 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Simply ask to have paypal send you a check. Costs like .20 but really worth it to avoid the hassles that the op has shared. Vid1900 advised unlinking your Paypal account to any bank accounts in one of his very helpful posts a while back

Cost like $1.50 and max per month I can get out is $1000 less that $1.50. Because I give them as little as possible to go on.

Or you can gift it out in larger amounts without any fees up to your balance according to their user agreement. Which they will totally disregard and call it a glitch in their system until you waste a half a day on the phone with them and finally break down and give them more info than the user agreement requires or link it to your bank account.

There is nobody at paypal to talk to that can fix what is built into their system to disregard their own user agreement.

Didn't need some like vid to tell me that.

I won't use paypal for any more than a couple hundred dollars either way any more. And sure as hell am not giving them my social security #. Or linking it to anything beyond a credit card.

#38 4 years ago

I keep a paypal account for small purchases off eBay and some pinball parts purchases. Very convenient for that.

But I found out how evil they are when I accepted $4000 for a pinball machine that I just wanted to see gone and that is the only way the buyer who I trusted was willing to pay, fees and all. And then I could not get it out as per the user agreement. So I learned and never did that again.

At one point my account was so jacked I could not use friends and family at all. So the rep I talked with was very helpful and told me to just close the account and start over. Been fine for my occasional menial purchases and gifts ever since.

It's also risky putting your credit card out there for grabs, so you kinda gotta pick your poison on long distance purchases from people you do not know.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I have always wondered how many of these places have a business model where they are hoping you quit coming add no wear to the equipments but they also hope also forget to turn your bank account off. And that you never look at your statements. The Phantom Customer.

Once you try to quit something on autopay, it's like a steamroller already going full speed ahead. Good luck with that.

#42 4 years ago

In summary, I recommend don't use paypal for large transactions. But they are very convenient when a set of pads and rotors are under $50 for that piece of shit your daughter insists on driving.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paypal-seller-beware-refund-of-payment-fees-go-to-seller?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.