Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by phil-lee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

96e7aba6e7c2c2a2898d0e57a11e770f945f1d274d33ba94437a3b4cb7949820 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 7.57.03 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 7.56.18 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loneacer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Barakawins1:

Basically, I'm asking for my selling price, if that makes it simple. Whether it's sent as friends family or the buyer wishes to pay more, that's up to the buyer as long
    as my price is covered.

I think more context is needed. If you're regularly selling things online, the fees are just a cost of doing business. If it's a once a year transaction on a pinball machine, usually the seller expects their full asking price after any and all fees.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Barakawins1:

Honestly if you refund payment immediately for whatever reason, especially immediately, there should be zero fees taken out from the seller or buyer. The transaction never took place.

A payment processing transaction still took place and that's going to cost somebody something (a credit card was charged, money was transferred to a recipient, etc). Paypal used to just eat the cost themselves, but they've stopped.

#47 4 years ago

There's a lot of PayPal paranoia here. No I wouldn't want to risk it on $5000-10000 pinball machines regularly, but for buying and selling smaller stuff it's a must. I've had a home e-commerce business for over 20 years now. In that time I've sent and received a couple million in payments. I was around back in the days when I received a stack of checks and money orders in the mail every day. I'd never want to go back to that hassle. If you gain 100 customers by accepting PayPal, but 1 of those customers ends up scamming you, you're still going to come out ahead with the other 99 you wouldn't have otherwise had.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I loathe auto-pay.
    I thought I would join the "Y" so I could use the swimming pool and get some exercise. Nope. They wanted monthly access to my back account, I said, "How about I write you a check for the entire year upfront?" Nope. They would not budge. And I would not budge.
    I have always wondered how many of these places have a business model where they are hoping you quit coming add no wear to the equipments but they also hope also forget to turn your bank account off. And that you never look at your statements. The Phantom Customer.

I agree for the most part. I hate most things that have a monthly fee in general. I think the only thing I have on auto-pay is my cable/phone/internet bundle. I'm ok with that one. I use it every day. I know I'm paying for it. I have no plans to get rid of it, and I think they might give a discount for auto pay.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loneacer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paypal-seller-beware-refund-of-payment-fees-go-to-seller?tu=loneacer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.