Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by phil-lee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

96e7aba6e7c2c2a2898d0e57a11e770f945f1d274d33ba94437a3b4cb7949820 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 7.57.03 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 7.56.18 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakawins1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Be very careful.. Especially, if you have a linked bank account to paypal. In my situation, seller did not pay as friends and family. I immediately refunded payment as I
    did not want to experience any possible paypal issues. Next, paypal took out the full amount of the sale from my bank account, took $98.90 for their fees and put
    the remaining amount of the returned sale amount into available paypal funds. This is a very deceptive practice which is not acceptable. I issued the buyer a refund immediately. There was no exchange of money so Paypal should not be allowed to take from anyone's account.

Your best bet is to either not use paypal or do not link any bank accounts at all. You can dispute the charge with your credit card company. This is highway robbery.

#7 4 years ago

What really urks me is that paypal doesn't just take out the fee from the seller's bank, they take out the entire refund amount. For example if you received
    $1000 from a sale and refund this amount immediately for whatever reason, paypal takes $1000 out of your bank account, deducts $20 for their transaction
    and then takes $980.00 and places it in your available paypal funds. That's what's not correct. They should not have the ability to handle your money and place
    it into paypal's available balance fund for their benefit.

#10 4 years ago

They will charge your credit card for their fees. When that happens you file a dispute with your credit card company. At least you have repercussions.

#11 4 years ago

You'll have to advise the buyer that if payment is not made as friends and family you'll have to reject the sale and the fees paypal charges will have to be covered
    by them.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

This sounds like you are trying to beat PP out of its fee. What am I missing?

No, I'm not beating paypal from their fee. If the buyer pays as friends and family, the buyer inherits the fee, not the seller.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Wait a minute. If I F&F someone $50.00 they get $50.00. There is no fee for F&F that I am aware of.

You are talking about making a sale and using an F&F fee free transaction to make your sale and avoid the sales fee. Correct? Yes? No?

Basically, I'm asking for my selling price, if that makes it simple. Whether it's sent as friends family or the buyer wishes to pay more, that's up to the buyer as long
    as my price is covered.

#23 4 years ago

Honestly if you refund payment immediately for whatever reason, especially immediately, there should be zero fees taken out from the seller or buyer. The transaction never took place.

#29 4 years ago

No more paypal for me. Cash on the glass.. I'll only use it for purchasing and nothing else. No bank account link to paypal either. Enough said.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I Boycott paypal due to their corporate policies and nefarious ways of chiseling money out of people. Ebay suffers from being aligned with these gangsters.

And I my friend am with you!! Boycott all the way!

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Why? Did the work PayPal do to process the original transaction get undone? Now they are doing an extra transaction to process a refund.

Should they do that for free?

Yes. They should do that for free. I'll give you an example as to why and how. A buyer sends you payment for $5000. It should only be $500. An honest seller
    refunds this payment immediately. However, the way paypal works is they nail the seller for the buyer's mistake and in this case charge the seller 2.9% and .30
    or $145.30 immediately because of the seller's mistake. They are basing their fee on a fictitious sale amount. So, because the buyer makes the mistake and
    the seller makes the refund in a second, the seller loses $145.30 in a second. This is wrong at all levels. There should be a standard transaction fee which is not
    based on the amount of a sale. Next, paypal should not be allowed to remove $5000 from your bank account and place it into your paypal balance, less the fees
    they deducted. They should only be able to deduct a processing fee. This is why no one should link their bank account.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakawins1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paypal-seller-beware-refund-of-payment-fees-go-to-seller?tu=barakawins1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.