Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by madtown
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pubaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from TunaSled:

Too funny, I'm helping a friend sell a unique expensive piece of furniture and I just got this email:
Thank you for getting back to me.well i want to believe and trust what you said about it.I'm ready to pay the price, i want to buy this for my Dad as his birthday gift. I am a marine biologist I work mostly on the sea, phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i managed to check this advert and send you an email regarding it so my only quickest payment option is PayPal as i can send money via PayPal anytime.Since I'm requesting this transaction to be done via PayPal, i will be responsible for all the PayPal fee/charges on this transaction and if you don't have an account with PayPal,its pretty easy, safe and secured to open one. Just log on to http://www.paypal.com. I hope we can make this business as fast as possible? I have a mover that will come for it once payment clears . i will like to see more pics if you have more.. write back with the total price and your PayPal email account so i can make payment asap.
Hoping for an eloquent business with you.
Details needed are
Your Paypal email address:
Firm price:
Full Name:
Cell phone number:
Of course I knew right away what this is. A marine biologist who in his downtime shops Grand Rapids MI Craigslist for rare furniture! What are the odds!

I had an almost identical email about 2 years ago. I knew it was a scam and had about 2-3 minutes of good quality laughter. However, I really feel bad for those who fall for it. I heard many senior citizens (I'm 52 so must mean older than that) fall for these scams and lose many valuable objects plus $$$ sometimes

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Tell them sure as long as you use the friends/family option!

What happens if you use that option??? Just curious.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pubaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paypal-scam?tu=pubaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.