Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by madtown
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cujo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I have a Williams Space Station for sale on my local Craigslist.
Had a guy reply on my smartphone via text message asking me to reply to him on GMAIL
I did and this is what I got.
I know this has got to be a scam but what is his angle here? If I can verify the funds in my Paypal account before his "mover" picks it up, what do I have to fear?

Original Reply from Buyer below:

Thanks I'm just asking about it to make sure its in good condition as im buying it for my wife and she doesn't know about it, so can you assure me i will not be disappointed? also no shipment involved as i have a mover that will come for it. Im okay with the price and condition,I can only pay you via one of the fastest and secure way to pay online (PayPal).. Do you have a PayPal account?Let me know asap so i can arrange the payment through PayPal.my shipper will be coming to pick it up as soon as the payment clears into your account. So if you're ready to move forward, just fill out the info below so I can work everything out!

Your PayPal e-Mail Address :
PayPal Acct Name:
Firm Price:
Home Address/ Pickup location Info:
Cell Phone Number#:

Hope to read back from you!

#13 9 years ago

Thanks for all the input. I wasn't going to do the deal.
It smelled scam all over it from the minute he emailed me.
Just was curious how the paypal thing would have worked. Now I see...

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

The last message in this thread should be this:
MAN,,, if you even hesitate to think of thinking this is legit... you fall in the category of "A SUCKER IS BORN EVERYDAY"...... today is your birthday.... happy birthday to ya...
anyone that wants you to "email them at a .gmail address".... oh man.. I am just done typing ..... dive in buddy!! drink the water (and give your $$ & pin away)

I couldn't understand at first why he wanted my email address to continue the correspondence.
His text message replying to my ad simply said"
Williams Space Station Pinball -? 1500 (Wesley Chapel) It still for sale email me at
[email protected] this is not my cell phone.

I knew once he emailed me that it was for sure a scam. Let's see if my GMAIL gets more spam now..

Maybe we should all send him a thank you letter to HIS GMAIL address!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cujo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paypal-scam?tu=cujo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.