(Topic ID: 140237)

PayPal rates increasing October 1st, most don't know

By toddsvec

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddsvec.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Just a heads up, PayPal is screwing over it's most loyal customers (sellers like Big Daddy Enterprises) that have paid tens of thousands in PayPal fees over the years, I myself easily see I've paid almost $35,000 in fees in the past 5 years. The PayPal email I received starts with BS fluff and nonsense with such phrases as "we work hard to ensure your payments are simple, secure and fast" and "We innovate and invest carefully to deliver services beyond payment processing" which was followed by the puzzling statement "In that spirit, we are simplifying the prices we charge for PayPal transactions." Not sure what spirit they have, or how it simplifies anything (it doesn't), but what they mean is they're raising rates. Continued.... "Effective October 1, 2015, we will remove the tiered merchant rates for US domestic and international Purchase Payments*. This means your rate will increase if you are currently receiving a merchant volume discount."

Great SPIRIT there PayPal!

Blah Blah Blah "We value our partnership with you" and "Thank you for being a PayPal customer. We appreciate your business" Yeah whatever. Raise my rates and blow smoke up my bunghole is what you're saying.

And in that spirit, we can't afford to just eat it. Effective 10/1, we'll be raising prices, probably on shipping as that's the easiest method to do it but on various higher priced items too. I expect it to be no more than 50 cents to a buck here and there.

But anyway, if you've got a Big Daddy order pending, place it ASAP! Thanks for your business.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

that perhaps wouldn't have carried into final checkout),

It is my crap way of having a minimum order, and yes, it is blocked as I also have it set to not except orders over $20K.

When I FINALLY get a new site that not only allows credit cards and more flexibility AND easier ways to add product, this won't be a problem.

#9 8 years ago

Checks are fine with me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddsvec.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paypal-rates-increasing-october-1st-most-dont-know?tu=toddsvec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.