5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Wolfmarsh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I occasionally have people asking to purchase items from me but want to give me their credit card number to pay for their stuff. The customer is not a member of paypal. Is there any way to process a payment just by having their cc number and exp date? Any help appreciated. Thanks

#2 5 years ago

yes, you have to work with PayPal. They sent me a reader and an account. All I had to do was put in the customers card number (or swipe) and expiration and it would run their credit card. You can also ask them if they will do Zelle or the other instant pay systems with other banks. Each bank has their own instant pay system.

#3 5 years ago

i believe you can just send a payment request to their email.

#4 5 years ago

I will contact paypal to see if I can get a reader. Thanks for the replies.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Astill:

i believe you can just send a payment request to their email.

I second this--pretty sure you can send a payable invoice to anyone from your PayPal acct. Might be easier/quicker than waiting on a scanner, etc.

#6 5 years ago

Yeah ive sent lots of requests to people without paypal accounts but i have a business account and am a heavy user. So check it out.

#7 5 years ago

Yeah they do not have to have a paypal account to pay you. You can send anyone an invoice and they can pay it without an account.

Otherwise I'd get a Square or Stripe account.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paypal-question-1?hl=atari_daze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.