4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by vdojaq
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lukyduck.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I use paypal credit specifically for the 0% deals. I get it on how they want to to apply the payments, it's just if you want to let them get away with it or not. They cannot force you to do it that way if you request differently as long as you are paying over the minimum. It's the stupidity game that customer service plays that is so frustrating.

I understand your frustration. But this is how they make money and it is currently legal in the US. Synchrony Bank makes so much money from these types of credit, they will not stop doing business this way. Stacking 0% deals within the same bank is where they catch many customers. People generally, do not read the agreement before they sign up. When you sign up for any type of 0% interest deal, you have to read the fine print and play the game to get the 0% interest rate. By the way, I use them once in a while for large purchases also. I just used them for replacing my whole house HVAC system.

You have the option not to play their game. Save up the money you need to purchase something, then pay for it with a credit card and pay the card off every month. You then also have the credit card protections. Or pay with cash if possible.

Personally, I love 0% interest deals on large purchases. I am one of the few who pay them off with no interest charged. I keep the money I have available to pay it off in a bond fund as an emergency backup in case my paycheck stops. But the money really is just coming from my monthly paycheck just like a car payment.

Good luck with them. Just make sure you do not to make a mistake and end up paying a bunch of interest.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lukyduck.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paypal-or-a-steaming-pile-of-dog-doo?tu=lukyduck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.