2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by tp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Canadian policy update: https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full

Effective: November 20, 2021

We are introducing an annual account inactivity fee of $20 CAD.

It seems that EU users already have this policy in place: https://www.paypal.com/re/smarthelp/article/what-is-the-inactivity-fee-(eu-countries)-faq4427

The US policy does not have this fee (yet, anyway). US policy update: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full

#2 2 years ago

PayPal sucks. Cancelled my account. Never looked back. They refunded to someone who bought a game two times on the same transaction without ever contacting me. And she had no problem with the game, her bank thought it was fraud and PayPal didn’t bother to check. Twice. Took weeks to clear up both times.

#3 2 years ago

I am not sure if i still have an account. Shows how often i use it. When they start that in US i will figure out if i do have an account and cancel it.
    I have literally sent cash in the mail to pinsiders for parts rather than try paypal.

#4 2 years ago

After Ebay and Pinside cancelled it I've been at 0.
    Sadly, it's still a damn convenient way to get money and be paid.

#5 2 years ago

What’s deemed “inactive “?

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

What’s deemed “inactive “?

According to the EU policy (I'm assuming the CA policy will be similar), 1 year of no user activity. Logging in would count as activity.

#7 2 years ago

I think logging in once in a year is not very hard, if that cancels the inactivity fee.

Also, at least in the EU agreement, it is stated that your Paypal balance will not go negative - the inactivity fee is not charged if you don't have money in your Paypal account.

#8 2 years ago

Wow! I didn’t think PayPal can suck any harder

I got charged a card fee when I made a payment towards my fantasy football fee since my account wasn’t linked to my bank

Iam canceling my account asap

#9 2 years ago

Just set a 6 month reminder to log in, and you should be set.

Different but similar subject. Reminds me earlier this year I had my business account of $1500 disappear from my Chase account. $1500 is the minimum to hold in the account to avoid fees. I set it up a couple years ago and then promptly business dried up. I kept the account open since it's a savings account. Then I noticed the account was gone from dashboard. I called Chase up and they said they removed the account because there'd been no transactions in that account. What? How the hell can they do that? They restored it after a couple days, but seriously? I now have it to auto-depost $.10 every month.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from PappaDubz:

Wow! I didn’t think PayPal can suck any harder
    I got charged a card fee when I made a payment towards my fantasy football fee since my account wasn’t linked to my bank
    Iam canceling my account asap

If your account is truly closed, you will receive a confirmation email. Without that your account is still open.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paypal-introducing-20-annual-inactivity-fee-for-canadian-users and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.