Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MTPPC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

At this point, Im going to take the paypal payment processed as standard merchant transaction, he is adding a little so we split fees. Like I said, he has great/perfect feedback from Ebay so no need for me not give him some leeway.

If you do that, make sure you read very carefully about Proof Of Delivery and Not As Described provisions of buyer protection. I don't think there is even an option for a trucking company that meets their proof of delivery requirements.

Best of luck dude.
    Jaz

#52 10 years ago

Tell you what centerflank why don't you just have him send the money to me and I'll confirm receipt then you ship pin out. After I am satisfied that both parties have followed through I will then send you 2/3rds of the received money via certified bank check. Sounds reasonable to me man. PS if I could of made the 2/3rds part in very small print I would of done that but I see mentioning it now totally draws your attention to it.

Quoted from tjsynkral:

I hoped people would get it without needing this spelled out for them... But a buyer cannot be given negative feedback by a seller on eBay.

Actually I think they just recently changed that didn't they? Because what was happening is sellers were leaving 'positive feedback' but in the notes would say that the buyer was unreliable.

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

At this point, Im going to take the paypal payment processed as standard merchant transaction, he is adding a little so we split fees. Like I said, he has great/perfect feedback from Ebay so no need for me not give him some leeway.

Last time I paid for something that was merch on paypal it gave me the option to cover the fees MYSELF on top of the price - I thought that was pretty cool. And since it was NoTrashCougar I was paying, I did cover the fees. Way to go, Paypal.

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Last time I was at the PO, the largest USPS money order was $300,

Max is $1000 now

#55 10 years ago

You can get cashier's check for any amount you want from the bank.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Yep-gift via cc has always had fees on the buyers end-but never on the gift via bank account. That is my question.
    Arent you able to load money into your paypal with transfer from bank account without a fee?

Look buddy, just PayPal gift me the money and I will verify the funds are there 100% after 90 days.

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

^^^ 100% true! If the person has lots of Feedback and it's 100%, you will probably have no problem. What I have also done (many times) with no problem is have them send cash in an envelope FedEx Overnight Sig required. (insured)

I am not criticizing you, just trying to learn. Is this really safe? Would fedex insurance cover you completely if the envelope with cash doesn't make it to the destination?

#58 10 years ago

I'm sure it's not 100% safe, but I sold a piece of art for $12k and had the cash sent FedEx Overnight with no problem.

#59 10 years ago

Did that piece of art happen to include you and a couple of hot actresses? Pix or it didn't happen.

#60 10 years ago

https://www.usps.com/shop/money-orders.htm

You are right!

No way in hell will they have $1000 in the drawer if they don't usually have $300, lol.

#61 10 years ago

Yes, but vid is right as well. Just TRY to cash one in the PO for more than a couple hundred bucks....to the Bank!

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from tjsynkral:

You can get cashier's check for any amount you want from the bank.

Cashier's Checks still take 3 weeks to clear your bank, so they might as well send a personal check.

Cashier's Checks are often counterfeit, that is how the CL scams work.

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Actually I think they just recently changed that didn't they? Because what was happening is sellers were leaving 'positive feedback' but in the notes would say that the buyer was unreliable.

I don't think so. This is directly for eBays website.

"Sellers aren't able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers."

ebay.com link: forum

#64 10 years ago

Personal checks are a promise from the buyer to pay. Can be insufficient funds, can be stopped, etc. I would not agree that personal checks and cashier's checks are "equal." You will run into a problem if you receive a counterfeit, but that goes for both personal and cashier's checks.

And you'd be a fool to send a counterfeit check as payment for a pinball machine delivered to your house since the authorities can find you. However, it might be a viable scam for shipping to an airport or Greyhound hub. The counterfeit scams usually involve sending an overage and having the seller refund the difference in cash.

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from tjsynkral:

I would not agree that personal checks and cashier's checks are "equal."

They are not equal because most people blindly accept a Cashier's Check and foolishly believe that they "are as good as cash" or "clear the bank in 2 days".

People are much more cautious with a Personal Check, when in fact, most internet scams involve a Cashier's Check.

#66 10 years ago

personal check and WAIT the 28? days for it to clear is my personal preference.

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from tjsynkral:

And you'd be a fool to send a counterfeit check as payment for a pinball machine delivered to your house since the authorities can find you.

You always want it shipped to a bank owned house on a nearby block, never use your own address.

Scammer Joe used to put his hood up in an apartment complex and pretend he was fixing his car. When UPS would come by he'd ask the driver "Is that for 2C?, I'll save you some steps" and take the package directly....

#68 10 years ago

Thanks for all the offers to launder the money, I may take one of you guys up on that. The Dudes option seems most intriguing.

I peaked at the USPS website yesterday and I thought the limit was $1000 for their money orders.

Quoted from epthegeek:

And since it was NoTrashCougar I was paying, I did cover the fees. Way to go, Paypal.

Oh man, that guy has all his games set to 10ball.

#69 10 years ago

And you can buy several at $.75 each if I'm not mistaken.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paypal-gift-changes-please-advise/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.