Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 157 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Jamesays
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pauz21:

Can the same thing happen if you receive the funds as a gift?

Yes, even more likely you will be scammed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-not-get-ripped-off-in-pinball-vids-guide#post-1813448

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Seriously though... if we live in fear of PayPal we are going to stay in the Stone Age... I’d venture to say that 70%+ of pinside transactions involve PayPal... how often do we hear of scams like this?

Every single day.

This guide is almost 7 years old, but the hits keep on coming....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-not-get-ripped-off-in-pinball-vids-guide

#110 3 years ago
    Quoted from dhutton:

I love how people say they will buy on ebay but not sell, or pay with paypal but not accept it for selling.

When everyone feels like that there wont be either.

It's all about managing YOUR risks intelligently.

YOU might believe that the government requiring seatbelts is infringing on your **constitutional rights** and never wear them. I've been in enough car accidents that I want to minimize MY injury risks and wear them all the time.

YOU might believe that you can be **extra careful** and never have a tablesaw injury. I want to minimize the risks to MY fingers and use a Sawstop tablesaw.

YOU might believe Q, that Bill Gates put mind-control microchips in all the vaccines. I wanted to minimize MY risk of premature death, and got vaccinated.

YOU might believe that Vishnu is protecting you from ever getting a Paypal chargeback. I've seen enough people get ripped off, that I would NEVER accept the risk of taking Paypal.

#111 3 years ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

Some people don't like to carry 5 grand in cash around.

It's not like you are going to drop it into a stream or something, lol

In Vegas there are scammers everywhere, and no one ever says "Cupcake, I've got to run this 10K up to the safe before I lose it!"

#115 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

You just need to trust the person sending the payment. But ultimately, if you only accept paypal from people you legitimately trust, then you'll be fine.

Exactly.

Even if the person you trust has had their account hacked; as long as you trust them, you'll be fine

/s

#126 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Probably already been mentioned in here, but If someone picks up in person you should have them sign for it.

Yes, it has been mentioned many times that paypal does NOT accept any non-digital signatures as proof of delivery.

#129 3 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

Can you clarify. I’m reading this as PayPal only accepts digital signatures as proof.
    But that’s counter to what you replied to yet you started with “yes”.
    Sarcasm or ?

Having a person sign in person is NOT proof to paypal that the game was delivered

Nor is a notarized document, video footage, fingerprint, DNA sample.....
    -

Simply put, there is no safe way to accept paypal as payment - none.

Pinsiders: WTFU, get vaccinated and quit believing in Q.

#131 3 years ago

A bunch of states require paypal to report @ ~$500 now

Enjoy.

#151 3 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

There's a reason people use cash...in fact, lots of reasons.

When restaurants open again, remember to ALWAYS tip your waitress in cash

Otherwise, they loose almost half of it to CC fees, corporate transaction fees and taxes.

You think you are being generous with your credit card tip, but instead you are throwing 1/2 of it away.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paypal-do-not-accept-payment-using-paypal?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.