Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 157 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Jamesays
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jamesays.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

PayPal allows 180 days to file a claim.

wow ,obviously too much time after receipt of item.1 week would seem generous

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

did you have the money just sitting in your PayPal account?

I think they have a direct link to your bank account now.not for me

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Exactly my point. I will continue to use PayPal to buy things, but will no longer accept it as payment. I had accepted it for payment for many years without problem. I accepted it as Friends payment believing the payment was irrevocable....good as cash, but that is not the case. It is revocable, and Paypal will side with the buyer 99% of the time if there is any dispute and give them their funds back.
    It won't matter if you get a copy of the buyer's driver's license, their car license plate, name, bill of sale....etc. It will be of no use in your dispute resolution with Paypal if you are the seller. I'm just warning. Use this info how you see fit and good luck to you all.
    P.S. I continue to investigate this. Digging through old phone records. Old text messages. Security camera recordings from my neighborhood. I am not giving up easily and intend to pursue this. Thank you all for the moral support.

I will not sell on ebay not even for a buck.I will buy all day long.I dont want to feel like im suspect when I sell even though I have years as a member and 100 % positive feedback

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I will not sell on ebay not even for a buck.I will buy all day long.I dont want to feel like im suspect when I sell even though I have years as a member and 100 % positive feedback

After a rude awakening here on pinside I wont buy anything but local here either.I was looking for a particular machine on line and was directed to 1 in the pinside marketplace.Being green and uninformed I made an offer and was refused.Honestly it pissed me off.Not realizing the scammers had dirtied the water here.But its hard to tell a guy with a real buck from a scam clown.Lesson learned My cash goes on glass my wire transfers go to my distributor.

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

So here's an update. Sort of good news.
    I located an old email, but no phone number, of the craigslist (CL) email responding to my pin ad. Keep in mind CL masks the senders email address, so I was responding to a blind address/person. I simply asked how he was liking the pin I sold him, hoping but not optimistic about getting a reply. Whoa, got a response "yeah, I like it." Hmm...scammer stringing me along?
    I asked if I could call him to talk about it, he said yeah after he gets off work in the afternoon. I asked for his phone number and he gave me a number. I called in the afternoon and lo and behold, it was the guy who came and picked up that pin last year.
    So turns out he didn't recognize the charge on his credit card (months later) and filed a dispute. He said he will call his bank in the morning to put on the brakes. I believe this is going to work out, but lesson learned. I will not accept Paypal payments again.

Please let us know if this actually gets resolved or if the buyer is doing the dance

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from Beez:

Cashiers Check for me if it’s not cash ... wait for it to clear then move on with sale.

I took a cashiers check to my bank and asked if this was good as gold or could it be canceled by the buyer,I was told it could still be stopped.

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I took a cashiers check to my bank and asked if this was good as gold or could it be canceled by the buyer,I was told it could still be stopped.

I dont know about reversing it after you have cleared it though.Cash on the glass unless you know someone and trust them.A real distributor gets a wire from me .But I guess that can go wrong occasionally according to other threads.

#108 3 years ago
    Quoted from dhutton:

I love how people say they will buy on ebay but not sell, or pay with paypal but not accept it for selling. When everyone feels like that there wont be either.

good point

#119 3 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

The other scenario no one has mentioned is us Military Vets most likely use USAA for their banking. It's on ALL online bank. You can take a picture of a check and deposit $100,000 if you want, but you can't mail them $5,000 in cash as a deposit. Large lumps of cash were actually a pain in the ass for me so I had to open up a US Bank account locally just to turn the cash into 1's and 0's so I could use it for more than just buying a different game. US Bank would be charging me $25 a month to use this account maybe 4 times a year, but fortunately they waive their monthly service fee for Veterans. I've settled on bank wire transfers for payment on games I ship out, and it seems to work fine. Costs them $20, I get the money in about 30 minutes and it gets moved out of the account immediately. But..I'm sure there's some way to get scammed using those too.

I use wire transfers to my reputable distributor but when I pick up a game out of town I go inspect the game and go to a local bank and get the cash after I check out the machine and the new to me seller.

#120 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I use wire transfers to my reputable distributor but when I pick up a game out of town I go inspect the game and go to a local bank and get the cash after I check out the machine and the new to me seller.

If a buyer doesnt bring cash or go to the bank and get cash he doesnt leave with my game .Its about my comfort not the buyers I pay cash on the glass unless its a distributor and I expect the same in return.

#122 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

I would not accept a Cashier's Check either. Too easy to fake.
    Of course, would not normally accept a personal check but a buyer on Pinside offered to send me a personal check and after I cashed it he would arrange the pickup. So I asked my bank if I deposited the check how many days would it take to clear? Banker said too risky. Even if the check clears in a few days it could be reversed if the check writer comes back later stating it was a stolen check. Banker suggested if I accept the check to take to the bank it was written on, pay the fee to cash at that bank (fee for not being a customer of that bank). Exactly what I did, paid the $7 fee and walked out of that bank with cash. No recourse at that point.

Did you get your cabbage from the guy who stopped payment ?

1 week later
    #149 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Might be a reason why Bitcoin continues to climb, it's not just to avoid transaction fees. Nobody can see where your money goes.

the IRS is sniffing hard at bitcoin .get ready to get taxed

2 months later
    #157 2 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Lo and behold, Paypal finally closed the case yesterday....around the 75 day mark. Put the money back into my account. I'm happy for that, but disgusted they used my money for months knowing the dispute was closed on the buyers end months ago.
    I'll continue to use Paypal to pay for things if a vendor accepts it, but I will NEVER accept it again for payment.

Great to hear uncle Jed,I was hoping this would work out for you .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jamesays.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paypal-do-not-accept-payment-using-paypal?tu=Jamesays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.