(Topic ID: 203627)

Payout too high on Bally Dude Ranch Bingo

By carlgrantsmith

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dr (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider carlgrantsmith.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have a Bally "Dude Ranch" Bingo Pinball (vintage 1953) that I (newbie) am attempting to restore and have run into a brick wall. With the odds at 4/16/96 when I place a 3 inline on the playfield, the search disk stops and the register racks up 4 games. It then will advance slightly and stop and rack up another 3 games. It then will continue to turn in a normal manner. I have checked the switches on the replay cams and they appear to be ok and the score unit appears to advance with the wipers centered on the rivets there. The search relay switches also look ok. The 4 inlines scores are also too high. Any thoughts here would be appreciated!

#6 6 years ago

In response to bingopodcast: Question # 1 = 5 in a line on card 1 is correct at 96, but on card 2 it pays 95, stops and then adds 6 extra for
    a total of 101
    Question # 2 = 3 in a line on card 2 has the same issue as card 1, both pay out an extra 2 or 3 replays,
    4 in a line scores are also too many on both cards
    Question # 3 = the jones plugs have been throughly cleaned and I checked the slip rings

Thank you for your suggestions, any additional advice is appreciated
    I am inclined to try the suggestion from Bingo Butch regarding a magnetized search relay, how would I correct that to check

1 week later
    #10 6 years ago

Hi balttwit, thanks for your interest in my problem. When I said in my original post the search disk would "advance slightly" I was referring to 1 or 2 sets of rivets for the 1 or 2 extra replays. This is happening on both cards 1 and 2. What is also happening intermittently is that on the last one or two extra replays, the replay counter for the Super Card is advancing without that card being lit.The search relays appear to be ok. I have inspected the score unit for any obvious issues such as broken wires or wipers touching each other and it looks ok.
    The next thing I am going to try is to adjust the replay counter trace boards by the 3 screws you mentioned, but I am still puzzled as to how the replay counter for the Super Card could intermittently be involved in this. The search disk has been cleaned.

#12 6 years ago

Partial success - found and repaired one problem. A switch on the replay cams index unit (stack 18) was closed when it should have been open, that is when the index was not energized. Now the machine is paying out an even 5 games for a 3 in line win and for a 4 in line win, it sometimes will pay the correct 16 replays or sometimes 17 replays. I am thinking I need to go over the replay counter next.
    Thank you again for your help.

#14 6 years ago

Replays now are all working OK ! Thanks to all who helped with this issue.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider carlgrantsmith.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/payout-too-high-on-bally-dude-ranch-bingo?tu=carlgrantsmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.