(Topic ID: 202005)

Payment Options for buying a Pinball

By cpr9999

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpr9999.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Ok, I need some education. (Buying from an individual not a business).

I have bought used pinball machines and had them shipped to me before.

I have always done:
    (A) immediate wire transfer as the game is getting packaged and loaded. The shipper and seller let me know that it is loaded. The seller validates the funds in their account and then releases the shipper. Basically real-time to protect the buyer and seller.

I was always told once you wire transfer as a buyer there is no getting your money back; hence I don’t give out money days in advance.

(B). PayPal via family and friends to save the 3%. I like this option better as it is even more real time and their are no delays. I do the transaction the same way as in option (A).

(C) go through PayPal as biz or eBay; but I hate paying fees and doing in advance. You have protection this way - but not that great.

(D). Cash in hand and local pickup. Hard to do this when seller is 12 hours away. I always do this way for local pickups.

So Pinsiders; how have you done it? I have a person that wants me to have the cash clear into his checking account from PayPal or Wire transfer days in advance. I am basically trusting he won’t take my money.

Have you all worked with a shipper who can intervene some how /help.

Let me know.

Thx

#3 6 years ago

So, I am not a PayPal expert, but if you pay via Family and friends can you reverse a payment?

I thought you had to do as a biz transaction and pay the 2.9% fee.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpr9999.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/payment-options-for-buying-a-pinball?tu=cpr9999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.