(Topic ID: 298754)

Payment Best Practices

By Eiznah

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SCJoe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 2 years ago

My opinion is to get to know who you’re dealing with before you buy. Find out who their friends are in the hobby and who have they bought or sold from. Get references and check out those references. I agree that most sellers wouldn’t have interest in escrow, myself included. Be wary of a seller that doesn’t want to talk about their machine in depth, isn’t willing to text lots of pictures or doesn’t want to talk about pinball in general. If wire transferring money, talk to a bank employee that knows the seller and can vouch for their integrity. It’s not uncommon to offer to pay a hobbyist local to the seller to go check out the machine. With all this being said don’t lose sight of the fact that a “con” is short for confidence.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SCJoe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/payment-best-practices?tu=SCJoe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.