Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by reboot
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

#1 11 years ago

Just got home
    Played a lot of games and finally got a chance to play TOTAN
    and loved it! I might consider giving my left nut for a nice TOTAN
    Thats my Wife and Daughter playing.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Wish we had something like that here...

#3 11 years ago

Holy crap, I'm half an hour north of you and I didn't know that was there?!? Addy and directions please! I'll meet ya there.

#4 11 years ago

Is that level up? Oh man, road trip!

#5 11 years ago

Zippy, yes its "Level Up" address is 1290 oak street in Eugene it's a cool place has lots of old school video games too.
    If you ever make a trip down shoot me a PM and if im not working ill meet you there.

Ps kids are allowed in until 9pm then it's 21 and older only

#6 11 years ago

So many great pins, so few players...
    No wonder Arcades have a hard time surviving if this picture reflects average attendance!

#7 11 years ago

that looks awesome. need that around here.

#8 11 years ago

Looks great.
    Did you have to wait to get a picture with no other customers, or was it that dead in there?
    Hope the get more business.

#9 11 years ago

Welp, I know what I'm doing next time I'm on a family visit to Eugene, thanks!

#10 11 years ago

That's a "bar"-cade? Looks more like a "warehouse"-cade.

#11 11 years ago

Amazing.

#12 11 years ago

Was my high speed there?! I think I sold it to those guys down there.

Do they have a list of all their pins?

#13 11 years ago

Nice. I didn't know pins can still congregate in public

#14 11 years ago

Also, I'm not a fan of light bulbs directly over the pins, makes for glare. Just take the time to put some extra spotlights at least on the bumper plastic posts and you are in business. Seriously, markmon got me so sold on this. It's the only way to play in the dark. I'm adding at least 3 spots usually to games and up to 6 or so on others, just depending. Throw in super bright purples, the glow is so cool. That color works on so many games.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

So many great pins, so few players...
    No wonder Arcades have a hard time surviving if this picture reflects average attendance!

That is what I thought back when you'd see pictures of all the pinball machines at Castles and Coasters, hardly any players. And they finally reduced the number of games there.

LTG : (

#16 11 years ago

Wait, there are TWO awesome barcades in Eugene? I had thought "Blairalley" was the hot spot for pinball and classic vids down there! They have 20+ pins and around 20 vids as well.

#17 11 years ago

Looks like Eugene is more of a pin hotbed than we may have realized.

#18 11 years ago

The whole PNW is, and it's only spreading! There are now something like 7 or 8 significant collector/enthusiast-run locations up here in Seattle and god knows how many in Portland. A couple of noteworthy players/collectors up in BC run the best locations up there, too. It's great to see it reaches all the way down to Eugene now!

#19 11 years ago

Last time, I was in Level Up over half the games were off and even if they were on the GI was usually out. Also they didn't have the pinball's leveled at all to the point of one playing backwards. That was about 4 to 6 months ago, so they may have cleaned up there act. A much better place to play pinball in Eugene is at Blairally Vintage Arcade, which has everything from a bowler to modern day Stern's.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Looks like Eugene is more of a pin hotbed than we may have realized.

Eugene is the 2nd largest city in Oregon so totally makes sense and fun to see!

Quoted from Whitebuffalo:Last time, I was in Level Up over half the games were off and even if they were on the GI was usually out. Also they didn't have the pinball's leveled at all to the point of one playing backwards. That was about 4 to 6 months ago, so they may have cleaned up there act. A much better place to play pinball in Eugene is at Blairally Vintage Arcade, which has everything from a bowler to modern day Stern's.

I wish places would just not put the games out until totally ready. I hate when so many games are out and are broken. They doubtfully all broke at once. I get it, no space in the back. However, it looks really shitty to have a row of half broken games, period.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

I wish places would just not put the games out until totally ready. I hate when so many games are out and are broken. They doubtfully all broke at once. I get it, no space in the back. However, it looks really shitty to have a row of half broken games, period.

I agree, but it still keeps me from going back when a nicer place is a few blocks down the way.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Eugene is the 2nd largest city in Oregon so totally makes sense and fun to see!

Nah, you're just lucky. Fresno is three times the size of Eugene and when the arcade frenzy of the 80's hit, we were probably the arcade capital of the world(per capita). We've go nothing with the likes of those kinds of "Barcades" anywhere around here.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Nah, you're just lucky. Fresno is three times the size of Eugene and when the arcade frenzy of the 80's hit, we were probably the arcade capital of the world(per capita). We've go nothing with the likes of those kinds of "Barcades" anywhere around here.

Come on man we still got Blackbeards!!

#24 11 years ago

wow that place looks cool, yeah, wish we have something like this around here.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Oh, I was just referencing Oregon in general. Oregon has a large population of the hipsters Portlandia!

Quoted from Whitebuffalo:

I agree, but it still keeps me from going back when a nicer place is a few blocks down the way.

I'm saying I agree with you. I don't want to go to a place with 20/35 games broken when I can go somewhere nearby and all 10 games work. Looks real bad too

#26 11 years ago

Last time, I was in Level Up over half the games were off and even if they were on the GI was usually out. Also they didn't have the pinball's leveled at all to the point of one playing backwards. That was about 4 to 6 months ago, so they may have cleaned up there act. A much better place to play pinball in Eugene is at Blairally Vintage Arcade, which has everything from a bowler to modern day Stern's.

Only one pin was out of order - TSPP
    The only machine I played that was having problems was Transformers

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Looks great.
    Did you have to wait to get a picture with no other customers, or was it that dead in there?
    Hope the get more business.

There were a few people behind me playing but it was a Wed night at 7:30 pm
    I think they do pretty well on the weekends

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Only one pin was out of order - TSPP
    The only machine I played that was having problems was Transformers

Sounds like they are finally getting their act together. I'll still stick with Blairally as a better place to go, though.

#29 11 years ago

Sounds like they are finally getting their act together. I'll still stick with Blairally as a better place to go, though.

WhiteB... I haven't been to Blair yet I have been meaning to check it out.

#30 11 years ago

WhiteB... I haven't been to Blair yet I have been meaning to check it out.

It is a pretty cool place, but you kind of have to like 80s Bally's to really appreciate it. Next time I'm down there I'll have to go again to Level Up.

#31 11 years ago

I will be in Eugene mid January and I'll be sure to check these spots out!

#32 11 years ago

I haven't been to Blair yet I have been meaning to check it out.

I've made the trek to BlairAlley several times, nice spot and good guys! Right behind Nikasi Brewing too so you don't get too thirsty.

2 months later
    #33 11 years ago

I recommend to check out both Blairally and Levelup, while I definitely prefer Blairally I still like to go into levelup every month or two and check out their new games and play a few down there I know work well...Space Station and Diner get most of my quarters when I'm there...guess who loves system 11?

#34 11 years ago

I hang out at Level up quite a bit,GF and I have been trying to lock down the scores on Waterworld (I know of all the games right?). Throw me a pm and if I am free I will come hang out

Level up should be getting an AC/DC and Tron here pretty soon too!

1 week later
    #35 10 years ago

Wow this place looks awesome! I'm headed out that way this July for a wedding. looks like I'll have to get "lost" in town for a bit ...

#36 10 years ago

Was it hard to play with them bolted to the wall like that?

#37 10 years ago

Have they been "Leveling Up" their machines?
    When I visited in Jan., I lost interest quickly after discovering that the games aren't leveled correctly.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Have they been "Leveling Up" their machines?
    When I visited in Jan., I lost interest quickly after discovering that the games aren't leveled correctly.

Most seem to be leveled about right. When I was down there, Avengers was the only one that was off the mark,but it was moved and was not like that a week or two before.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/payed-a-visit-to-the-local-barcade-here-in-eugene-oregon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.