(Topic ID: 152861)

Pay with your phone? Is this a common thing yet?

By scott_freeman

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 239 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by smokedog
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0049_(resized).JPG
    Screen_Shot_2016-03-01_at_11.06.30_AM_(resized).png
    GGB_(resized).jpg
    12792325_1118657211504472_6614262049131700262_o_(resized).png
    Tollway-Huntely-one-half-mile_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-27_at_3.09.52_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-27_at_11.30.49_AM_(resized).png
    download_(1)_(resized).jpg
    ein-to-the-stein_(resized).jpg
    generation-of-idiots-on-cell-phones-1-638_(resized).jpg
    star-trek-uhura_(resized).jpg
    th_(resized).jpg
    th_(resized).jpg
    PayRange_(resized).png
    635799342865224790-isil_(resized).JPG
    th_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

If it costs me more to play a .50/1.00 machine then I'm not good with it.

In 1980 games went up to .50 cents.

Adjusted for inflation, that would be $1.48 in today's dollars.

#93 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Cash is king !!

Yep.

Top-Ten-Johnny-Cash-Albums_(resized).jpgTop-Ten-Johnny-Cash-Albums_(resized).jpg

#122 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

why would a 2001 Toyota make me feel anything?

Toyota - oh what a feeling...

635799342865224790-isil_(resized).JPG635799342865224790-isil_(resized).JPG

#169 8 years ago
    Quoted from sparechange1974:

My friends and I were at a bar-cade and trying to get smaller bills for the change machine and the bartender was super busy and it took quite some time.

I know that sometimes you just on impulse go to the barcade, but if you know you are going out for the night, you should have a bunch of small bills already in your pocket.

You need to tip your waiter in cash (the owner deducts 30% taxes and 5% **service fee** if you pay on a card) and you need small bills for games, strippers, street performers... normal stuff.

I've got a friend that never has any money in his wallet, so he always holds everybody up while he tries to find a money machine that is not empty and is **on his network**. Sometimes on a weekend, this can be several stops. If it's only going to be the two of us, I don't even bother to call him, because it makes me crazy.

#171 8 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I always scratch my head when I run into "cash only" businesses, that seem to fret over a few points and don't look at the big picture of offering more payment options and raising revenues overall. It's a false belief to think that you'll get all the same business with cash as you would if you offered credit cards.

Real operators (guys with hundreds of coinop gaming machines), only report 50% of their cash earnings.

So it's not just paying a 5% fee, it's paying taxes on 50% more income; because you can't hide reported card income.

The coinop biz is hard enough to survive in these days.
    -

Hobby income from guys with 25 machines is probably so small that those guys are hopefully reporting a loss (if their accountants are good).

#174 8 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

But to not even test it?

It seems like big news here on Pinside, but the coinop rags have been reporting about electronic payment systems and their bottom line figures for years.

Some banks charge $10 a month to receive daily deposits from the processor, some processors charge for each unit after an introductory year expires... you know how many scams they can come up with to add fees - it's like a baby Comcast.

#202 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Time will tell us if in 20 years cell phone users will be the same.

Like that guy that his phone turned his hands into "trees" or whatever this is:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/01/asia/bangladesh-tree-man/?iid=ob_article_footer_expansion&iref=obinsite

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pay-with-your-phone-is-this-a-common-thing-yet?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.