(Topic ID: 152861)

Pay with your phone? Is this a common thing yet?

By scott_freeman

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 239 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by smokedog
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0049_(resized).JPG
    Screen_Shot_2016-03-01_at_11.06.30_AM_(resized).png
    GGB_(resized).jpg
    12792325_1118657211504472_6614262049131700262_o_(resized).png
    Tollway-Huntely-one-half-mile_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-27_at_3.09.52_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-27_at_11.30.49_AM_(resized).png
    download_(1)_(resized).jpg
    ein-to-the-stein_(resized).jpg
    generation-of-idiots-on-cell-phones-1-638_(resized).jpg
    star-trek-uhura_(resized).jpg
    th_(resized).jpg
    th_(resized).jpg
    PayRange_(resized).png
    635799342865224790-isil_(resized).JPG
    th_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cornelius.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

I could have sworn there was a thread on Pinside about someone's arcade using this technology - but now I can't find it!

I think it's a great idea. Anything that keeps me from carrying cash around is a-ok by me.

#57 8 years ago

I'm starting to think that the pinball hobby is comprised of dudes who can't handle things changing, and dudes that are just complete a-holes.

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Cornelious has spoken.

images_(resized).jpg

Merely an observation. Does it offend you, yeah?

#61 8 years ago

I'm not entirely sure how allowing your prospective audience more options is "more complicated", but then again, I'm not afraid of change. Or, for that matter, paying without change.

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Like I said, I see it everytime I go shopping now. Instead of reaching into a pocket and pulling out money, which has been a tried and true method thruout the ages, people are fumbling with cards and mobile devices that just hold up the show for everybody else. It has become one big joke!

I see little old ladies holding up express lines everywhere I go because they insist on paying exact change, in pennies. Embrace the future, don't be afraid of it.

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm not afraid of anything. But I pay with cash and wish those with their new methods would figure out how to do it without making a spectacle when the do. "Oh let me try this card then"... fools....

In all honesty, I've never, ever seen the scenario you're describing. Are you referring to people trying to use a card without enough funds? Cause that's a different story altogether.

I mean, it's not like I'm going to convince you of anything. I'm not part of the Pinside Boys Club.

#72 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I guess if you live in a ghetto area like central Orange county, I can see why you may be a little uncomfortable carrying cash around.

You have GOT to be shitting me!

Besides, I moved here from San Diego to help take care of a loved one with ALS. Sometimes one needs to make sacrifices to help others.

Richard.

#79 8 years ago
    Quoted from cornycrunch:

I'm awaiting the Bitcoin Super Value option myself.

I was so amazed when I saw a Bitcoin ATM in Vegas! But the gold dispensing ATM was even cooler.

#84 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So the real question for those that don't have cash is, where is your money?

images_(resized).jpg

It's in my bank account. Let me guess, banks are the devils tool too? Number of the beast?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#85 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Me, I'd hate to lose the human interaction with my customers, best or not.
    My customers are more to me than just mindless bodies that walk in and play with their phone and then push flipper buttons on a cabinet.
    They get welcomed when they walk in, thanked for their patronage when they leave. And they know who to see if they have a problem or want to visit and find out what is new in pinball.
    That's just me though. Maybe I am too old to handle change, or maybe I am an a hole.
    LTG : )
    Disclaimer : Somethings are more important than profits.

Sigh. For all of the ish people talk around here, there are quite a few of you with really thin skins.

Do you REALLY think the point I was trying to make was "get your pins outfitted with this phone app so you don't have to talk to the creatins that walk in!!1"?

More options = more options. More options =/= more ways to not have to talk to people.

#88 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If you think that's a safe place. But if you are going to buy a pinball machine, it might be a good idea to stop by there and pick up some CASH.

Good to know! It's a shame the guy I bought my Monte Carlo from insisted on a Cashiers Check.

#90 8 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

"Goobidy gooby goop. That's the way it was and we LIKED IT!"

ThatsTheWayItWasAndWeLikedIt!_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#104 8 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

So the smart phone is a great multi hundred dollar calculator for the uneducated?

Hey, those of us who can't count good aren't necessarily uneducated. I always preferred words to numbers. And I can't calculate tips without the calculator.

#107 8 years ago

Oh dear lord, o-din. Is your house lit with candles? Ride a horse to work?

#110 8 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Just get one of these babies:
    th_(resized).jpg

Believe me, young Cornelius had plenty of those.

O-din, why would a 2001 Toyota make me feel anything?

#113 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Because it's 15 years old. Listening to you I'd go have to buy a new one with all that other crap they put in cars now.

You've got me all wrong! Besides I'm only seven years behind you, so it's not like I'm some whippersnapper doing donuts on your lawn.

#116 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I stay young be traveling lightly. Speak softly and carry a fat wallet is my motto.

And if you get mugged, pickpocketed, fleeced, victimized?

#118 8 years ago

That's fair.

#124 8 years ago

The most interesting thing about this conversation to me is: everyone involved is in on the Internet. You may never have a cell phone or a credit card or take anything than cold hard cash, but the Internet... That's okay, that can stay.

#126 8 years ago

So why is the Internet an acceptable form of technology but cell phones aren't?

#138 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It stays at home and it stays at work. That's where I leave it. Just like the phone.

What is "it"? The Internet?

#143 8 years ago

if you're interneting on one of those candy colored iMacs? Much respect indeed.

#146 8 years ago

from 2400 baud to 56k???!? Your flesh will ripple from all that speed!

(I put together my 3rd grade newsletter on a Mac. Apple will always have a place in my heart)

#165 8 years ago

Ah, if it were always that easy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cornelius.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pay-with-your-phone-is-this-a-common-thing-yet?tu=cornelius and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.