(Topic ID: 74929)

PAY IT FORWARD - january 2014 edition (starting early)

By j_m_

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 158 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by HighSpeed1
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4341.JPG
    system6-7.png
    IMG_1228[1].JPG
    IMAG0078.jpg
    IMG_4153.JPG
    IMG_4152.JPG
    free_pf_hinges+brackets.jpg
    20140616_171205.jpg
    Dr_Dude_rev4_roms.jpg
    SST-GreenSuperband.jpg
    Photo Apr 16, 10 11 07 AM.jpg
    IMG_20140407_194818_095.jpg
    securedownload.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    HSCopter.jpg
    170860-i.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

PAY IT FORWARD continues in this thread. The old one is here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pay-it-forward-holiday-edition

Pinball manufacturer stickers to the first 3 people that pm me. please use the subject line: pay it forward - january 2014

please note: I can only fulfill requests for the bally or williams formatted stickers that look similiar to the one seen in the link here:
    http://www.phosphors.com/temp/wpc%20software.jpg

#6 10 years ago

I received 4 pm's, but will honor all 4 requests
    stickers have been claimed

1 week later
    #13 10 years ago

just a head's up on everyone that I sent manufacturer's stickers to:

to the best of my knowledge, the sticker with all four corners squared off is applied to the back of the cabinet and the one with the 2 rounded (bottom) corners is applied to the inside of the cabinet

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Thanks for saying thanks.
    I've sent out a good amount of free stuff over the years and 9 out of 10 times never hear back from the receiver. Seems people are quick with that "I want" email but when it comes to simply saying "thank you" their keyboards freeze up. A simple "thank you" really does go a long way.

+ infinity

#26 10 years ago

KingNine:
    when did you receive your super-bands? I've been waiting on a set as well, but it looks like the post office may have lost them

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pauz21:

I'm in the same boat. Had a set coming. Sadly nothing yet. Can't argue with free though so I appreciate the offer from the chap who offered them up.

yep, and even more so from someone who didn't even have them lying about. he actually ordered them for those of us who replied

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Soapman:

j-m makes a great product. Thanks again for the stickers. If anyone needs a new one to complete your resto j_m is the one to get them from. (just a little plug)

thanks for the compliment
    as always, I'm striving for perfection on these, so if any of the information doesn't look EXACTLY the same (same font, size and position) as on your original, shoot me a pm or email so that I can determine the differences and update my templates to correct the issues.

1 week later
    #58 10 years ago
    Quoted from RoyF:

I can offer a free replacement decal to the first 3 people that send me a picture of their RFM or SW:EP1 either missing or having a beat up impact decal on the face of the Ball Catcher. The Ball Catcher is the piece on a P2K game that is behind the skip flap ramp. When the ball doesn't make it all the way up to be "caught" in the ball catcher it smacks the face of the ball catcher instead, and over time that destroys the black "decal" that was there. No decal = exposed metal, and that of course damages the balls quickly since shooting the skip flap ramp is a main shot on the game.
    I have cut some strips of 3M polyurethane traction tape to replace this decal. The 3M tape has lots of surface thickness, is non-abrasive (not the "sandy" type tape), and has a sticky back – it is made to be walked on, so it should have good wear characteristics!

pm'ed and thank you kind sir!

#61 10 years ago

from the stern star trek launch party last night, I'm offering up the following keychains

IMG_2887[1].JPGIMG_2887[1].JPG

claimed
    ac/dc - 3 claimed (zippydapinhead) (MN-Flipper) (Jodester)
    pirates of the caribbean - 2 claimed (thepinballworks) (thearcade)
    the simpson pinball party - 2 claimed (Hawk007) (lordloss)
    metallica - claimed (soapman)
    x-men LE nightcrawler pop-up targets - claimed (pmWolf)

limit one per person please, and for the nightcrawler pop-up targets, only someone who owns an x-men LE that can use them (picture proof please)

please reply in this thread with your request so that others know what Is already spoken for and pm me your physical mailing address

#66 10 years ago

I'm going to honor the requests by MN-Flipper, Soapman and pmWolf *this time* and this time only. going forward, if you guys can't follow the simple rules of posting here in the thread of what you're claiming *and* pm me your mailing addresses, you'll get nothing and like it!

from here on out for those that don't follow the rules:
    SoupNazi.jpgSoupNazi.jpg

I may be psycho, but I'm not clairvoyant or psychic

1 week later
    #79 10 years ago

I've got a unicorn that I'd like to trade for a dragon, preferably a fire drake. any takers?

I've also got a set of 3 brand new red transparent pop bumper caps (b/w), just asking the shipping costs for these

edit: pop bumper caps have been claimed (jibmums)

#83 10 years ago

that's kind of what I did by creating the january edition, and I don't see a reason why we shouldn't continue to 'pay-it-forward' with the rest of the members of the community. there's no reason that we should limit being generous to a specific time of the year, is there?

mods: can you create a new topic every month with the title: pay-it-forward [month] [year]?

by creating a new topic every month it keeps the threads manageable in size and users shouldn't have to wade through more than a few pages a month

#87 10 years ago

whatever the outcome, it's not going to stop me from being generous.

the way that I see it, you can't put a price tag on the information that has been gained through posts on this forum. if it weren't for the generosity of the other forum members (vid, bryan kelley to name just 2), I'd still be stumbling around and probably having to paying someone to fix things that I can now address myself without a 2nd thought.

kill the monthly idea if you want, but in my eyes it was a way to keep all of the single posts that litter the forum in a nice, grouped area. when you consider that posts drop off of the front page rather quickly when the forum becomes busy, they can go unnoticed otherwise. just my 2 cents

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pay-it-forward-january-2014-edition-starting-early?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.