(Topic ID: 74929)

PAY IT FORWARD - january 2014 edition (starting early)

By j_m_

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 158 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by HighSpeed1
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 38 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4341.JPG
    system6-7.png
    IMG_1228[1].JPG
    IMAG0078.jpg
    IMG_4153.JPG
    IMG_4152.JPG
    free_pf_hinges+brackets.jpg
    20140616_171205.jpg
    Dr_Dude_rev4_roms.jpg
    SST-GreenSuperband.jpg
    Photo Apr 16, 10 11 07 AM.jpg
    IMG_20140407_194818_095.jpg
    securedownload.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    HSCopter.jpg
    170860-i.jpg

There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from viperrwk:

I have a 6116 RAM pull - used in various games/boards - tested and working. First one to PM me with the game they think they need it for can have it.
    viperrwk

Spoken for.

viperrwk

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pafasa:

Hope you make it. I plan to as well.

Thanks, man. I'll certainly let you know if I/we do!

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    http://www.ElephantEater.com

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

I've got a nice set of Charlie's Angels plastics, free to a good home (preferably with a Charlie's Angels in need, of course!). No cracks, just a couple minute screw rubs and a few of them are a little warped so might need flattened. Hit me with a PM and I'll send them your way as soon as I find a box for them.
    Edit: Spoken for - thanks!

charlies.jpg 82 KB

Received the plastics. They were just what I needed. Thanks a lot canea. You are good people.

#54 5 years ago

Ryan, got the drawing and book. Thanks.

#55 5 years ago

I can offer a free replacement decal to the first 3 people that send me a picture of their RFM or SW:EP1 either missing or having a beat up impact decal on the face of the Ball Catcher. The Ball Catcher is the piece on a P2K game that is behind the skip flap ramp. When the ball doesn't make it all the way up to be "caught" in the ball catcher it smacks the face of the ball catcher instead, and over time that destroys the black "decal" that was there. No decal = exposed metal, and that of course damages the balls quickly since shooting the skip flap ramp is a main shot on the game.

I have cut some strips of 3M polyurethane traction tape to replace this decal. The 3M tape has lots of surface thickness, is non-abrasive (not the "sandy" type tape), and has a sticky back – it is made to be walked on, so it should have good wear characteristics!

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from Soapman:

Ryan, got the drawing and book. Thanks.

Great! Thanks for confirming, Soapman. Hope you enjoy 'em, and thanks again for the targets!

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    http://www.ElephantEater.com

#57 5 years ago

I have backglasses for '60 Williams Nags and '75 Gottlieb Quick Draw. Both are in what I would call 'OK' shape - 90% of the paint is there, typical red paint loss in the QD, paint missing on the jockey cap on Nags. I'm certain some people have these games with backglasses that are in much worse shape.

I purchased repros from Shay so don't need the old ones (even have the boxes from Shay that I'm using to store them).

You can PM me for any more information. Free for pickup - I live in St Louis, Mo.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from RoyF:

I can offer a free replacement decal to the first 3 people that send me a picture of their RFM or SW:EP1 either missing or having a beat up impact decal on the face of the Ball Catcher. The Ball Catcher is the piece on a P2K game that is behind the skip flap ramp. When the ball doesn't make it all the way up to be "caught" in the ball catcher it smacks the face of the ball catcher instead, and over time that destroys the black "decal" that was there. No decal = exposed metal, and that of course damages the balls quickly since shooting the skip flap ramp is a main shot on the game.
    I have cut some strips of 3M polyurethane traction tape to replace this decal. The 3M tape has lots of surface thickness, is non-abrasive (not the "sandy" type tape), and has a sticky back – it is made to be walked on, so it should have good wear characteristics!

pm'ed and thank you kind sir!

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from heatwave:

I have backglasses for '60 Williams Nags and '75 Gottlieb Quick Draw. Both are in what I would call 'OK' shape - 90% of the paint is there, typical red paint loss in the QD, paint missing on the jockey cap on Nags. I'm certain some people have these games with backglasses that are in much worse shape.

I purchased repros from Shay so don't need the old ones (even have the boxes from Shay that I'm using to store them).

You can PM me for any more information. Free for pickup - I live in St Louis, Mo.

PM sent.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

pm'ed and thank you kind sir!

J_M_ - PM received! I'll get this in the mail to you on Monday! Shouldn't take too long to get from OH to MI.

#61 5 years ago

from the stern star trek launch party last night, I'm offering up the following keychains

IMG_2887[1].JPG

claimed
    ac/dc - 3 claimed (zippydapinhead) (MN-Flipper) (Jodester)
    pirates of the caribbean - 2 claimed (thepinballworks) (thearcade)
    the simpson pinball party - 2 claimed (Hawk007) (lordloss)
    metallica - claimed (soapman)
    x-men LE nightcrawler pop-up targets - claimed (pmWolf)

limit one per person please, and for the nightcrawler pop-up targets, only someone who owns an x-men LE that can use them (picture proof please)

please reply in this thread with your request so that others know what Is already spoken for and pm me your physical mailing address

#62 5 years ago

Dude, would love a ACDC! PM sent

#63 5 years ago

Metallica please. Pm sent. I'll cover postage if needed.

Thanks

#64 5 years ago

Nightcrawlers, please.

I have oodles of XMen LE proof, too.

#66 5 years ago

I'm going to honor the requests by MN-Flipper, Soapman and pmWolf *this time* and this time only. going forward, if you guys can't follow the simple rules of posting here in the thread of what you're claiming *and* pm me your mailing addresses, you'll get nothing and like it!

from here on out for those that don't follow the rules:
    SoupNazi.jpg

I may be psycho, but I'm not clairvoyant or psychic

#67 5 years ago

Love a tspp and acdc. PM sent a while ago. Thank you and thanks again for being so generous!
    All the best.
    H

#68 5 years ago

Ac/Dc Keychain would be great thanks'

#69 5 years ago

I would like a POTC key chain if still available.

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pafasa:

The black knight decals are all spoken for.

Got them today! Thank you and thank you again! This will make my restoration SO much more complete! Many thanks again!
    Long live pinside and pinsiders!!!!!!

#71 5 years ago

the simpson pinball party

Could grab this one ^

#72 5 years ago

I would love one of the AC/DC keychains if available.

#73 5 years ago

in case anyone wants keep calm posters. http://guy.codevelop.ca/pinside/keep-calm-posters.zip All of these are high res and print ready.

170859-i.jpg 170861-i.jpg 170860-i.jpg 170862-i.jpg 170863-i.jpg 170864-i.jpg
    #74 5 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

in case anyone wants keep calm posters. http://guy.codevelop.ca/pinside/keep-calm-posters.zip All of these are high res and print ready.

170859-i.jpg 19 KB

170862-i.jpg 21 KB

170861-i.jpg 22 KB

170863-i.jpg 20 KB

170864-i.jpg 22 KB

170860-i.jpg 24 KB

Downloaded! Thanks!

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

from the stern Star Trek launch party last night, I'm offering up the following keychains

still available:
    Pirates of the Caribbean (qty available: 2 1) - 1 claimed (thepinballworks)
    claimed
    Metallica - claimed (soapman)
    limit one per person please, and for the nightcrawler pop-up targets, only someone who owns an x-men LE that can use them (picture proof please)
    please reply in this thread with your request so that others know what Is already spoken for and pm me your physical mailing address

IMG_2887[1].JPG 116 KB

I got the POTC key fob.
    Thank you.

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I'm going to honor the requests by MN-Flipper, Soapman and pmWolf *this time* and this time only. going forward, if you guys can't follow the simple rules of posting here in the thread of what you're claiming *and* pm me your mailing addresses, you'll get nothing and like it!
    from here on out for those that don't follow the rules:

I may be psycho, but I'm not clairvoyant or psychic

SoupNazi.jpg 16 KB

Thank you got the acdc keychain!

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

ac/dc - claimed (zippydapinhead)

Got it today, many thanks!

#78 5 years ago

I have a set of slingshot plastics for GnR that I'd be happy to send someone's way. Would LOVE to trade them for BOP sling plastics, but that's like asking for a unicorn these days.

#79 5 years ago

I've got a unicorn that I'd like to trade for a dragon, preferably a fire drake. any takers?

I've also got a set of 3 brand new red transparent pop bumper caps (b/w), just asking the shipping costs for these

edit: pop bumper caps have been claimed (jibmums)

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I've got a unicorn that I'd like to trade for a dragon, preferably a fire drake. any takers?
    I've also got a set of 3 brand new red transparent pop bumper caps (b/w), just asking the shipping costs for these
    edit: pop bumper caps have been claimed (jibmums)

Ill take the unicorn but you don't get the dragon until I feed it the unicorn.

#81 5 years ago

May I suggest we don't do a pay it forward every month? I think it detracts from the greatness of the holiday one by making it too comon place. I'm not opposed to a mid summer one so it is twice a year. I'm not opposed to anything really but this is just my suggestion to keep it special. I feel like I'm being a stick in the mud suggesting this but I'd hate for the holiday's to roll around and no one have much to list or want to list.

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

May I suggest we don't do a pay it forward every month? I think it detracts from the greatness of the holiday

I think a permanant pay it forward sub-topic would be cool. Pinsiders helping pinsiders - it's not just for Christmas anymore.

#83 5 years ago

that's kind of what I did by creating the january edition, and I don't see a reason why we shouldn't continue to 'pay-it-forward' with the rest of the members of the community. there's no reason that we should limit being generous to a specific time of the year, is there?

mods: can you create a new topic every month with the title: pay-it-forward [month] [year]?

by creating a new topic every month it keeps the threads manageable in size and users shouldn't have to wade through more than a few pages a month

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

that's kind of what I did by creating the january edition, and I don't see a reason why we shouldn't continue to 'pay-it-forward' with the rest of the members of the community. there's no reason that we should limit being generous to a specific time of the year, is there?

No there isn't. I just feared the newness would wear off and people would get complacent with it. There was such a rush and high level of excitement when the holiday edition came back around and I enjoyed it. I hope I'm way off base. I am by no means saying I won't participate or anything like that. It is a fabulous idea.

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

No there isn't. I just feared the newness would wear off and people would get complacent with it. There was such a rush and high level of excitement when the holiday edition came back around and I enjoyed it. I hope I'm way off base. I am by no means saying I won't participate or anything like that. It is a fabulous idea.

I share your sentiments and expressed a similar view when this suggested after last years holiday thread.

#86 5 years ago

I've noticed over the years that when generosity and charity get regimented, giving takes a nose dive. Not trying to suggest that that's what is going to happen here, but when people see too much structure to something like that, they tend to be put off. People give out of the kindness of their heart when they feel moved to do so. It's an emotional response. When it feels like someone's trying to force it out of you, people tend to react differently.

I agree that this whole Pay it Forward thing is a great thing to want to keep going, but I think it needs to be kept largely organic. Let it keep going until it kind of peters out, then when someone gets the urge to give some stuff out, they can start a new one, much like the way this thread was started.

It'll ebb and flow, but I think these Pay it Forward threads are here to stay, regardless of how often they get started.

#87 5 years ago

whatever the outcome, it's not going to stop me from being generous.

the way that I see it, you can't put a price tag on the information that has been gained through posts on this forum. if it weren't for the generosity of the other forum members (vid, bryan kelley to name just 2), I'd still be stumbling around and probably having to paying someone to fix things that I can now address myself without a 2nd thought.

kill the monthly idea if you want, but in my eyes it was a way to keep all of the single posts that litter the forum in a nice, grouped area. when you consider that posts drop off of the front page rather quickly when the forum becomes busy, they can go unnoticed otherwise. just my 2 cents

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

kill the monthly idea if you want, but in my eyes it was a way to keep all of the single posts that litter the forum in a nice, grouped area. when you consider that posts drop off of the front page rather quickly when the forum becomes busy, they can go unnoticed otherwise. just my 2 cents

No, you're right, but I've come to realize that the only stuff available in these PiF threads is usually to be found on the last page. Everything else always seems to go instantly.

I think the monthly thing will work as long as the mods just close the previous one and make the new one a sticky. That way, no one misses out on stuff because there are two thread running.

#89 5 years ago

I vote twice a year - spring cleaning and holiday editions!

#90 5 years ago

i vote that people should do it whenever they feel like it

#91 5 years ago

shouldn't need a specific time to be nice plus it's good pinball karma.

#92 5 years ago

I suggest every free item has it's own thread. Then there is no need for someone to organize it. The person giving the item can just post in the thread that it is gone. That would be more worthy of a thread than some of the stuff that goes on around here,

#93 5 years ago

wow what a great thing. bravo

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

I suggest every free item has it's own thread. Then there is no need for someone to organize it. The person giving the item can just post in the thread that it is gone.

That's actually a pretty damn good idea. Perhaps even a sub-forum for it? A Freebie forum? Or maybe just a new abbreviation for the thread title?

I'm going to do just that today. I'm going to start a new thread with the freebies I want to give away and suggest a new sub-forum or thread title abbreviation.

#95 5 years ago

Well, there is a "Bargains and Giveaways" subforum on the Market forum...

#96 5 years ago

Got it j_m_.

Thanks

#97 5 years ago

I don't think I expressed my point as well as I wanted to. The pay it forward idea is a stellar idea. The holiday edition is special as people tend to give nicer items or even dig deep for stuff like I did as I wanted to help someone out that might like what I had. But doing it every day is akin to having Christmas everyday to me. It becomes the norm and even mundane after awhile. The great pinsiders that want to do this on an ongoing basis obviously have great hearts and intentions and that is one of the reasons I love this forum so much. My thoughts were to preserve this great idea so it won't wither and die. I just don't think you can win the fight against human nature.

#98 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

from the stern Star Trek launch party last night, I'm offering up the following keychains

claimed
    Pirates of the Caribbean - 2 claimed (thepinballworks) (thearcade)
    Metallica - claimed (soapman)

IMG_2887[1].JPG 116 KB

Got mine today! Thanks!!!!

#99 5 years ago

Anymore key fobs left? Also are you doing the Williams stickers still? Thanks

#100 5 years ago

Thanks J_m_ Got it today! Looks great hanging on the simpsons.
    Have a great day and thanks again!

I gave away 1 earthshaker flyer already but 1 more is up for grabs if anyone is interested.
    Cheers everyone

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.99
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 689.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 114.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    £ 58.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 5,800.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside