Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200901-120834_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200830-170043~2 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200830-153912~2 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200830-093829~2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1C02863D-A64B-4E0A-A50D-7BA00D85D4B3 (resized).png
    9c4808c6d08279b9e3fae17e9f14b9502c303e6b (resized).png
    1D031759-D3C2-4876-8878-4C0C8B7BD87C (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200827-113750~2 (resized).png
    fa436132710cebce96e0e13041054e4d.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daditude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I want to start a goodwill thread. I think it would be very cool to give a Pinside heart to a friend and post it on here and say something nice/interesting about that person...or even pay it forward and start a chain by giving a heart or "turning a gray heart red" of the person posting immediately above in here.

This is strictly goodwill and for fun.

I will get it started:

**I will donate a Pinside heart to the first 3 people to post in here that have either no heart or a gray heart**

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Already have a heart! However like where your going with this thread ...
    GL

Thank you!

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I’ve been meaning to get around to mine I know that’s a poor excuse for not having one though

I just donated in your name and gave you a heart. You will be able to see it by your screen name.

#11 3 years ago

I am still donating a heart to the next two that have none or that have a gray heart.

Send your friends this way if they are in need.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Me either. I am a descendant of Ebenezer Scrooge.

I just turned that gray heart to red, my friend!

#20 3 years ago

I already gifted my 3...but what the heck...i donated to you as well, my friend.

Screenshot_20200827-113750~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200827-113750~2 (resized).png
    #29 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Noticed that my friend Insane was gray.
    Turned him back red.

Quoted from Murphdom:

embryonjohn
    mopar

You guys are awesome!!

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from Snowyetti:

Awesome positivity Op I was getting pinjaded here myself.great too see lol

Can anyone pay it forward to Snowyetti ?

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Going to go for that when I re-up

I like the added features, and it's not even 3 bucks a month.

#51 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

No one to give it to

Someone send a friend with no heart to this thread!

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

To the OP.... Can I ask a serious question that I mean no harm by whatsoever? You sent a PM to one of my buddies asking him to follow you as a friend (he doesn't know you), and started this post to generate hearts for others. Both of these appear to be done to gain Pinside achievements. I really dont care one way or the other about any of this stuff, but was just curious if gaining achievements is just a fun part of the hobby for you? I have never seen anyone chase achievements, and didn't realize this was a thing.
    Keep on keepin' on....[quoted image]

I occasionally reach out to pinsiders who I enjoy posts/memes from because I like to be connected to easily find their posts. I HIGHLY recommend doing it. It makes it far easier to find them on your dashboard. It is one of my favorite features on here. Far too few actually use all that pinside has to offer. It is quite extensive.

As far as hearts, I opened this thread because I thought it would be a nice thing to do. People tend to complain about negativity, but so seldom inject any "positivity." I have donated hearts before, and I started this thread off by offering several pinsiders a donated heart, and hoped that others might join in to pay it forward.

It occurs to me that many "fire" threads are immensely popular (people love a trainwreck)...but positive threads don't get much interest. Oddly enough (or...not so oddly, perhaps), this thread was started about the same time as a flame thread which has about quintuple the amount of posts as this one. People tend to complain about negativity...yet they gravitate towards it, and even add-on to it. Openly questioning someone's motives that has donated quite a bit of money on numerous occasions would likely fit into this ideology as well. This is the essence of why the phrase "only on Pinside" exists.

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Not sure if that was in reference to my post, but if it was, you definitely have read me wrong. My post was open instead of PM because if collecting Pinside achievements was a hobby within a hobby for someone, it would give others the opportunity to chime in as well.
    It is something that has never crossed my mind, but once I saw this post after your PM sent to my buddy, it clicked. I see that you have like 175 things done... That is cool if that is what you are going for. Good luck!

I'm not sure if you would say I "collect" them, but I do quite a few things on/for pinside, the pinball community in general, and other pinsiders and enthusiasts, along with buying, selling, and trading pinball and game room items very frequently...and achievement awards are connected to some of those things. I spend a large amount of my time on pinside and within the hobby itself.

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

That’s what I was going to mention next if you hang around here enough it’s inevitable that will happen.

Exactly.

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Please, no...I am good. Use that money for someone that actually needs it in your local community.

You got a heart!!!

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

Is it true that if I get a heart on for over 4 hours that I would need to see a doctor?

Now we just need to get Rez

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

Public thank you to PappaDubz for giving a DumbAss a heart.

Kudos is to pappa!!

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

Is it true that if I get a heart on for over 4 hours that I would need to see a doctor?

Brewchap donated a heart to you! Thank you, brew!

#78 3 years ago

Fun fact: Every poster in this thread has a heart

Send your friends this way if they have no heart or theirs has turned gray.

#85 3 years ago

Can anyone send Who-Dey some love?
    He needs some. He is a BIG Bengals fan...

Screenshot_20200830-093829~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200830-093829~2 (resized).png
    #87 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Can anyone send Who-dey some love?
    He needs some. He is a BIG Bengals fan...[quoted image]

A very generous pinsider ( zr11990 ) just gave away a Funhouse playfield for free (thread below), but he has no heart. If anyone needs someone to pay it forward to, he would be a good one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-want-a-old-funky-funhouse-pf

#88 3 years ago

Live pic of Who-Dey with no heart:

Screenshot_20200830-153912~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200830-153912~2 (resized).png
    #91 3 years ago

At the bottom of each page on pinside is a heart and it says "support pinside" beside it.
    Click it and this comes up:

https://pinside.com/pinball/donate

No heart means that the user has never donated. A gray heart means they donated, but it was more than a year ago...so it has expired. A "+" sign by the heart means they are a pinside plus member (donated at least 35 bucks) and it includes extras.
    Screenshot_20200830-170043~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200830-170043~2 (resized).png

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Woah! underlord, thank you my man!

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just gave a heart to five of my many great Pinside friends.
    Zaki
    oldskool1969
    Jason_Jehosaphat
    zr11990
    Maide

Wow! You guys are awesome!

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Thanks Who-Dey. Am I supposed to do this for someone else now? How does this work?

You can go through your personal friends/connections on pinside and see if someone needs a heart, or you could also scan through posts on here to see someone you know or appreciate that could use one.

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Thanks, just noticed I need to donate!

Looks like poppapin needs a heart

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from PappaDubz:

Notice tim arnold from the pinball hall of fame was heartless,so I had to spread the ❤
    [quoted image]

Pappadubz speadin tha lubz

1 week later
    #114 3 years ago
    Quoted from A-1Bogart:

This was a cool idea daditude . I am happy to be a part of this as you took quite a bit of time and gave me some great advice when I was trying to acquire my first pin. Donated in the name of another guy who was also helpful and shared some advice as well.
    Kevin D.

I Love that hear that. Thank you!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daditude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pay-it-forward-give-a-heart-?tu=daditude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.