(Topic ID: 45107)

Pay it Forward - Free Parts

By jk2171

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pin-Keys.JPG
    itsfreemofos.jpg
    drac.JPG
    drackey.jpg
    skeletondance.gif
    tron.gif
    DSC03714.JPG
    101_6030.JPG
    DSCN1929.JPG
    thumbsup.gif
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    ACDC.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_4834_(2).jpg

There are 483 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
    #251 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

It's a good thing! My wife and I do this every month.

yup, sure is... we do as well, plus i donate 5 bucks each for my dearly departed kitties when i go to the pet store...

in case it hasn't been figured out, i have an ulterior motive... if i get a person who has never done it before to go to a pet shelter, i might get them in the habit of doing as "we" do... every little bit helps... it isn't their fault they are homeless, and a lot of shelters struggle real hard...

#252 10 years ago

True! Just about every person we sent to a shelter (with the kids, natch) came home with something. It's hard not to...

#253 10 years ago

OK, I'm a sucker for rescues. Here's my rescue, Casper, inspecting an Addams Family ramp. I went with a clear ramp when I restored my TAF but this smoke tinted one is good. I also have set of NOS Twilight Zone slingshot plastics and an NOS set of WhoDunnit plastics up for grabs. Just send me a picture proving you really need them and they're yours.

P1010016.JPGP1010016.JPG P1010018_(2).JPGP1010018_(2).JPG

#254 10 years ago

^^^

appropriately named...

#255 10 years ago

pm sent on TAF smokey ramp

TAF will be getting the full treatment and I would prefer to stay with the original smokey ramp.

I can take photos of my current ramp later to show I need it.

#256 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

OK, I'm a sucker for rescues. Here's my rescue, Casper, inspecting an Addams Family ramp.

My white cat is also named Casper!

#257 10 years ago

We had a white cat years ago, rescued stray. It followed my kids home from church one morning. My 4 year old at the time decided that day the the cat needed a bath. I decided to grab a bag of popcorn and sit back and watch. So out in the front yard with a garden hose and some dog shampoo (all we had) this cat was about to get really upset. (or so I thought) Instead, it laid on its back and let the kids scrub and wash it for at least a half hour. No fighting or scratching or anything. Weirdest thing I ever saw. So, we took her to the vet to have her checked out and let her stay for the required amount of time for her owner to report her missing. Nobody came forward, (we live in a town of 1300 people so there was no doubt in my mind that this was an abandoned cat) and we had her spayed and brought her home. Her name ended up being Princess Snow Kitty. We had her for less than a year before our allergies became too much to bear. We found her a home with a lonely widower in our town and she has been happily there ever since.

The name Casper never came up, but she was white! Close enough?

#258 10 years ago

OK, I'm a sucker for rescues. Here's my rescue, Casper, inspecting an Addams Family ramp. I went with a clear ramp when I restored my TAF but this smoke tinted one is good. I also have set of NOS Twilight Zone slingshot plastics and an NOS set of WhoDunnit plastics up for grabs. Just send me a picture proving you really need them and they're yours.

Pm sent for TZ slings

#259 10 years ago

pic of my cracked TAF ramp for proof of ownership

P4222346.JPGP4222346.JPG

#260 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

pic of my cracked TAF ramp for proof of ownership

We have a winner. Shoot me your shipping address and the ramp will be in the mail this week.

#261 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darlene:

My white cat is also named Casper!

Nice, looks like your Casper has longer hair than mine. My Casper is great, very gentle and a perfect tempermant. The only problem is she sheds like a tornado. No biggy, she's worth it.

#262 10 years ago

The only problem is she sheds like a tornado.

I hear you on the shedding. I try to comb him, but to say he doesn't like it is an understatement.

#263 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pafasa:

Hey Swinks. I'm hoping your pop bumper stickers show up soon. Let me know when you get them!

Hi mate, stickers arrived today, they look awesome, thanks heaps - big effort shipping to down under.

I will forward the other 2 to the guys in the next few days.

#264 10 years ago

I should have posted by now that I received my remote battery holder (still needs to be installed) and my new ramp decals for WH2O. Thanks to the two guys that sent them. I plan to post some stuff shortly, just in the middle of a basement finish project right now that has put my WH2O rebuild on hold so I am not sure what is extra and what is not at this time.

#265 10 years ago

I have three unbroken "10 points when lit" caps off of a Gottlieb machine. If anyone would like them please PM me.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#266 10 years ago

^^^

pm sent...

#267 10 years ago

Caps are claimed. That was quick!

#268 10 years ago

After I finish my F-14 restoration, I will have some parts to pass on. Great thread.

#269 10 years ago

@joe...

yea, i just happened to pop into the thred at the right time... thanks man...

#270 10 years ago

and an NOS set of WhoDunnit plastics up for grabs

Love to have these, pictures of the problem areas of mine, and the foster dog that we've been taking care of, thankfully being adopted this weekend. Was dumped on our property a month ago.

IMG_2306[1].JPGIMG_2306[1].JPG IMG_2307[1].JPGIMG_2307[1].JPG Corgi_(3).JPGCorgi_(3).JPG

#271 10 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

Love to have these, pictures of the problem areas of mine, and the foster dog that we've been taking care of, thankfully being adopted this weekend. Was dumped on our property a month ago.

No problem, shoot me your address and I'll get them out.

#272 10 years ago

awwwww.... he looks like all he wants is some love and a good home... glad you found him one...

there is a special place in hell for people who abandon animals.... one of my rescues was abandoned, and you couldn't ask for a better cat...

#273 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

- 100 new acorn nuts for gottlieb em posts...

If still available, I'll take these.

#274 10 years ago

Glad to see this thread is really going strong! Thanks to everyone who's stepped up to offer up parts to fellow Pinsiders.

#275 10 years ago

...and thank YOU for starting it!

#276 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

awwwww.... he looks like all he wants is some love and a good home... glad you found him one...

there is a special place in hell for people who abandon animals.... one of my rescues was abandoned, and you couldn't ask for a better cat...

I think the adopter is a Pinside member too. If it weren't for the fact we just put down a dump dog (damage from getting hit by a car was inoperable, but we gave her a good life for a year) AND have two new puppies, we would have kept her. He's a she, and 1-2 years old, pretty good dog, and glad we can still visit.

#277 10 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

If still available, I'll take these.

acorn nuts to sirscott... one less thing cluttering up my parts bin...

#278 10 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

I think the adopter is a Pinside member too. If it weren't for the fact we just put down a dump dog (damage from getting hit by a car was inoperable, but we gave her a good life for a year) AND have two new puppies, we would have kept her. He's a she, and 1-2 years old, pretty good dog, and glad we can still visit.

good man... i really like hearing stories like this (other than the "having to put down" part, that is NEVER fun... )...

#279 10 years ago

I went with a clear ramp when I restored my TAF but this smoke tinted one is good.

You have got to be kidding me! I was gonna post on here yesterday asking if anybody did this very thing but I never got around to posting because I got WAY too busy to even check the forum! CRAP!

Mine has that same crack, but is also missing a chunk from the left side of the bear ramp entrance. I'd be happy to take a picture and post it for anyone else considering the same generosity.....

I'm also looking for an original TZ ramp, the same way. If you've updated to a clear ramp and your ol' smokey is still nice, I'd gladly take it off your hands and show you the pics of mine, with all it's little faults.

#280 10 years ago

All items have been shipped. Enjoy, guys.

#281 10 years ago

I'm also looking for an original TZ ramp,

Miguel I updated to a clear ramp and my original smokey one is in good condition,one small crack at screw hole
    You cover shipping or i can bring it to PAGG

2013-02-04_20.00.05.jpg2013-02-04_20.00.05.jpg 2013-02-04_20.00.13.jpg2013-02-04_20.00.13.jpg

#282 10 years ago

Just got word today that Swinks forwarded the other two pop bumper wall decals on to his Aussie pinside buddies. Thanks Swinks!

Deanpinball and Pintoxicated, your pay-it-forward will be there soon, watch your mail. Man that was a slow boat!!

How about a pic if it on your wall in your gameroom!!

#283 10 years ago

Thanks luch!! Got the Shooter Lane Protector!

#284 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks luch!! Got the Shooter Lane Protector!

Was that lane protector from Swinks? I have one coming too. Gonna see if it fits Black Knight. If not, it may be back up here!

#285 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pafasa:

Was that lane protector from Swinks? I have one coming too. Gonna see if it fits Black Knight. If not, it may be back up here!

If it doesn't fit, I would love to have it!

#286 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballrus:

If it doesn't fit, I would love to have it!

PM me with a reminder. Not sure what exactly is coming yet.

#287 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinwillie:

Miguel I updated to a clear ramp and my original smokey one is in good condition,one small crack at screw hole
    You cover shipping or i can bring it to PAGG

You da man, pinwillie!! Thank you!!! I will gladly pick it up from you at PAGG! Just about all my screw holes at the robot entrance are blown out and I had to upsize the screws just to get stuff to cinch down. Also, mine is cracked at the diverter and that triangle area before the wireform.....spider-cracked all over the place.

It would be nice to have it now, but this just makes it easier to meet fellow pinsiders in person at PAGG. I'll be there Friday, Saturday morning, and/or Sunday. Haven't quite worked out the schedule yet....

Thanks again pinwillie!!!

#288 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pafasa:

yes it was

#289 10 years ago

Bump

#290 10 years ago
    Quoted from bballfan:

I have a used but good Theatre of Magic manual.First to post a pic of this beautiful game get it.

Manual received and much nicer than the copy I had. Thanks!

#291 10 years ago

Some advice to those mailing items. The Post Office will NOT help you get the lowest rate, maybe if you ask, maybe. If your manual will go media mail, or fit in to a Flat Rate Envelope, they're not going to go out of their way to help you. It's also not well known to some people that printing postage online not only gives you a dang good discount, some features like Delivery Confirmation are free, so is email notification. You don't have to use the USPS web site to print postage, you can use a PayPal link I've bookmarked which will do everything: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Let me give you this example:

A pinball manual weighing 1.3 pounds shipped:

1. $2.98 Media Mail online
    2. $3.18 Media Mail online with Delivery Confirmation
    3. Media Mail is not available online via USPS
    4. $5.05 Priority Flat Rate Envelope with free Delivery Confirmation online
    5. Priority Mail Flat rate Envelope is not an option online DUMB
    6. $6.85 Priority Mail from my area to Texas, with D/C
    7. $8.19 Priority Mail from my area to the West Coast, with D/C online
    8. $9.50 Priority Mail from my area to the West Coast, with D/C walk in
    9. $11.25 Worst case Priority mail across the country

Anyway, I ship a LOT of packages, most of it US postal. If you have any questions, glad to lend you my input.

#292 10 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

Some advice to those mailing items. The Post Office will NOT help you get the lowest rate, maybe if you ask, maybe. If your manual will go media mail, or fit in to a Flat Rate Envelope, they're not going to go out of their way to help you. It's also not well known to some people that printing postage online not only gives you a dang good discount, some features like Delivery Confirmation are free, so is email notification. You don't have to use the USPS web site to print postage, you can use a PayPal link I've bookmarked which will do everything: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now
    Let me give you this example:
    A pinball manual weighing 1.3 pounds shipped:
    1. $2.98 Media Mail online
    2. $3.18 Media Mail online with Delivery Confirmation
    3. Media Mail is not available online via USPS
    4. $5.05 Priority Flat Rate Envelope with free Delivery Confirmation online
    5. Priority Mail Flat rate Envelope is not an option online DUMB
    6. $6.85 Priority Mail from my area to Texas, with D/C
    7. $8.19 Priority Mail from my area to the West Coast, with D/C online
    8. $9.50 Priority Mail from my area to the West Coast, with D/C walk in
    9. $11.25 Worst case Priority mail across the country
    Anyway, I ship a LOT of packages, most of it US postal. If you have any questions, glad to lend you my input.

Great tips. Also package as compact and lightweight as possible unless easily broken. Packages less than a cubic foot generally go cheaper. Flat rate it good for long distance and heavy items. Regular Priority Mail is usually cheaper for items that ship less distance and lighter weight.

#293 10 years ago

ok, per VegasAlleycat's approval, I'm re-offering the iron man shooter rod on his behalf (my friend thought that it was too big to put on his machine
    IMG_0395.JPGIMG_0395.JPG

in addition, I'm offering up replacement WPC serial number stickers for 3 members. please post a reply here *and* pm me to let others know when they are all spoken for.

samples of the types of manufacturer stickers that I can generate can be found here:
    http://www.phosphors.com/pinball%20stickers/

#294 10 years ago

I'm interested in some new serial # stickers for my Wh20.

#295 10 years ago

I'm interested in a replacement serial # sticker, Thx!

#296 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

After I finish my F-14 restoration, I will have some parts to pass on. Great thread.

PM sent

#297 10 years ago

I'm going to be at the shark club in howell today. if a local pinsider wants the IM shooter rod, I can bring it with me

#298 10 years ago

What a great thread! Pretty sure I gave thumbs-up to everyone who rescued kitties.

Hoping to have a few little things to pass along here once I finish up a couple projects.

#299 10 years ago

I'm interested in the serial numbers for a creature

#300 10 years ago

PM sent to j_m_ re the Iron Man shooter rod .

There are 483 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pay-it-forward-free-parts/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.