By Pinhead1982

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What Do the buyers want DP to do”

• Buyers Pay €1000 extra to get TBL game made and move manufacturer for game 2 17 votes
    89%
  • Give permission for DP to use money to fight legal battle 2 votes
    11%

(19 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

e5e5c9d772ec3df8869d684048e85080cd2f8540 (1) (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

The possibility of DP folding, or another 1-2yr wait for TBL what would the buyers-those who are paid in full and those with deposits want to do:

Pay the €1000 extra to get the game, and have DP fight this after and hopefully get the extra back and refund
OR
DP use our money to take ARA to court, which could take a year to see result.

DP are now looking for a manufacturer and financial support to get the rest of TBL built...
But will this happen!?

#2 7 years ago

For those of us not up to date.. whats exactly going on?

#3 7 years ago

Why is option 2 spend money on lawyers.. I can see the delays of litigation but regardless customers money shouldn't pay lawyers.. there's no point to legal if they still don't get everyone games in the end because then they themselves would be in legal trouble?

#4 7 years ago

I guess I never understood why you would spend so much cash on a promise? It doesn't make what's happening ok, but I know I couldn't drop $8-10K on something that's not guaranteed. From what I understand, it's been at least 2 years now and there has been little progress.

#5 7 years ago
#6 7 years ago

Summary: DP and their manufacturer ARA are having a dispute. Supposedly, completed games are at ARA, but either ARA is asking for more money or DP doesn't have the money to pay for them.

#7 7 years ago

Not voting because I don't like either option.

I either want my game in my home in the next 6 months or I want a full refund ASAP. I'm not paying extra.

The lack of communication from DP is unprofessional, makes them look bad, and the situation takes something that should be a fun hobby and makes it anything but.

#8 7 years ago

I'm a fully vested TBL buyer with a game that has apparently been sitting in Holland waiting to be shipped for months now, but I'm abstaining from voting in this poll too. Like the majority of posters currently spewing misinformation, speculation, and unproductive opinions on the TBL Preorder Club thread, most voters here will likely have no financial stake in the game. Ultimately, the results will therefore be meaningless.

#9 7 years ago

I would gladly pay more to get the game..Put me on the list - Thanks

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

I either want my game in my home in the next 6 months or I want a full refund ASAP. I'm not paying extra.
The lack of communication from DP is unprofessional, makes them look bad, and the situation takes something that should be a fun hobby and makes it anything but.

I agree with Hoss_Coog on most of his post. I can't say at this point that I'm not willing to pay extra though. I realize that as distasteful as it is, it may ultimately make more sense to pay an additional % in order to receive the game rather than not and lose my previously agreed upon investment. I'll hold that as an option to be decided upon once a lot more information becomes available.

#11 7 years ago

They should have contacted spooky to make the north american sold units. Would have saved them A bunch. And would have netted them a ton of additional sales. I would have bought one if spooky was the contracted manufacturer.

#12 7 years ago

Personally, I'd try to get any money of mine they had back and not give them another cent.

#13 7 years ago

Money back? Noooo..I think I get what happened. It ran over budget and neither side wants to cover the cost - it happens. I'd gladly pay more to have the game sooner than later. It's still a bargain if you consider all the features.

#14 7 years ago

Silly poll...where is the none of the above option....send me my game or give me my money back...Two options which are both bad makes this a useless poll!

#15 7 years ago

Just curious where the 1000 Euro figure came from. Was there an official announcement somewhere or is this just speculation?

#16 7 years ago

Would most consider Dutch a one-and-done company if they made buyers pay an extra $1000 to get what they had already committed to pay for at a better price? I certainly would not give them any additional business if that happened to me.

On the other hand, if they drag out the rest of the deliveries to a couple years from now after they win a lawsuit, then wouldn't that also drive customers away from their business because of the lack of professionalism? That even has the assumption that they win the suit which is not a shoe-in from the info we have been fed so far.

It would seem that the best option for Dutch would be to go ahead and eat the extra costs and then possibly sue after the games are built. That assumes Dutch has an extra $1000 a game to actually pay the contract manufacturer. I am no lawyer but maybe they could use the games and company being held hostage as an argument for why they went ahead and paid to get the games. I suspect that is a losing argument in most courts but what do I know.

For the millionth time, please everyone stop the pre-paying and deposit business model!!!!

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Just curious where the 1000 Euro figure came from. Was there an official announcement somewhere or is this just speculation?

Official wording of DP, mentioned in the latest newsletter - well they wrote "1000+ Euros", so it seems to be even more.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

Official wording of DP, mentioned in the latest newsletter - well they wrote "1000+ Euros", so it seems to be even more.

They also said production was delayed for the last three months because of board issues....

#19 7 years ago

Dumb poll. Neither is good. Not consumers problem, it's dps.

They can figure it out and produce games or return money and fold.

Pinball is hard, time to wake the F up.

#20 7 years ago

If this turns out to be our only option they darn sure better not ask for payment until they send a photo of a finished game ready to ship.

#21 7 years ago

naaah, that is surely not an option, as that money is long gone.
With maybe 40+ machines fully assembled and waiting for delivery, as well as parts and subassemblies already in stock for the rest of the 300 games, all/most of the cash is invested in that hardware.

If preorders ever get anything, then it's a machine and surely no money.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

Welcome to the preorder club!
Just wait til you try to get your money back and then see how much fun the hobby is.

#23 7 years ago

I feel for all those that are stuck in the middle of this. It's a real bummer to have that much cash that could potentionally evaporate.

I think we forget that small businesses fail all the time and this is def. a small business.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Welcome to the preorder club!
Just wait til you try to get your money back and then see how much fun the hobby is.

e5e5c9d772ec3df8869d684048e85080cd2f8540 (1) (resized).jpge5e5c9d772ec3df8869d684048e85080cd2f8540 (1) (resized).jpg

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from EternalLife:

Money back? Noooo

The money is gone, where do you think they could come up with the cash is there was a large demand for refunds?

Quoted from EternalLife:

It's still a bargain

No, no it is not.

#26 7 years ago

Cosmo - For me the game is a bargain and I have no worries about the money. If you don't like it, go find something you do like.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
15,000 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 22.50
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pay-e1000-more-or-fight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.