Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gary busy.jpg
image-183.jpg
54488392.jpg
acf59bde91d36f5352d7545233746c4c6c6d5569c1059fd76692b075d79eefd8.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Anyone else see this tonight? They had a twister and scorpion looked in nice shape guy valued twister at 1500 and other at 800 and a hard sell. Chum bought twister for 1000 pretty decent deal from what they showed of it . The professional didnt even look in the back box which is first place I look . He looked under the hood for burn coils .wonder what they will list it for or if they get it shopped or anything.

#3 9 years ago

That show sucks

#4 9 years ago

At least the values were not 10x reality on those.
But yeah.............. fake and more fake.

#5 9 years ago

I seen a pachislo machine for sale and the ad said something like,
"Same one was on pawnstars and sold for $500"
absolute scutch !

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Anyone else see this tonight? They had a Twister and scorpion looked in nice shape guy valued Twister at 1500 and other at 800 and a hard sell. Chum bought Twister for 1000 pretty decent deal from what they showed of it . The professional didnt even look in the back box which is first place I look . He looked under the hood for burn coils .wonder what they will list it for or if they get it shopped or anything.

I think I head chime sounds when they showed him playing twister.

#7 9 years ago

I loved the episode where they had the older bally [card based] pin and the tech "supposedly" fixed a couple of wires and changed out a coil and then stated that it cost him over $500 in parts to fix it. LOL

the show is [obviously] geared to those oblivious to reality

#8 9 years ago

I had a friend who was taped for the show.
The article that she "brought" in wasnt hers at all,they gave it to her to use, and the dialogue and story from her was scripted....

My wife had to go see the store and was disappointed in how tiny, and overpriced everything was...including the T-shirts!

A better store is across the street.

Now, Ricks restoration was extremely personal....from a handshake and name introduction, to
handing us cold water as soon as we said hello. Not only was the staff there, but everyone was friendly, chatted, posed for pics, and signed autographs. I dont expect that to last, and I havent seen that kind of interaction since the 60's and 70's, but the best part of visiting that area isnt the line into Pawn Stars, but Ricks Restoration....
(and I enjoyed the conversation about pin and slot restoration with them!)

#9 9 years ago

Storage wars rules...!!!....Mmmm Brandy...!!!...........Joey

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I had a friend who was taped for the show.
The article that she "brought" in wasnt hers at all,they gave it to her to use, and the dialogue and story from her was scripted....
My wife had to go see the store and was disappointed in how tiny, and overpriced everything was...including the T-shirts!
A better store is across the street.
Now, Ricks restoration was extremely personal....from a handshake and name introduction, to
handing us cold water as soon as we said hello. Not only was the staff there, but everyone was friendly, chatted, posed for pics, and signed autographs. I dont expect that to last, and I havent seen that kind of interaction since the 60's and 70's, but the best part of visiting that area isnt the line into Pawn Stars, but Ricks Restoration....
(and I enjoyed the conversation about pin and slot restoration with them!)

We went to Vegas two years back. The store was tiny, crowded, and overpriced. None of the "stars" were there and we were told that normally they only show up for tapings. Everything there was merchandise for sale.

We went to Rick's and that was much better. Rick and Kelly came out, talked to us for a few minutes..still lots of stuff for sale (the nice picture we have with them wasn't free!) but much more genuine.

Was very disappointed at pawn stars.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

acf59bde91d36f5352d7545233746c4c6c6d5569c1059fd76692b075d79eefd8.jpgacf59bde91d36f5352d7545233746c4c6c6d5569c1059fd76692b075d79eefd8.jpg

#12 9 years ago

^^

They brought it some Mary from Texas to add another female to the show. Maybe Brandi's ego was getting too big

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

At least the values were not 10x reality on those.
But yeah.............. fake and more fake.

As fake as Chum's teeth..

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Lol, ya wtf is with him and those chompers...

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

They look like those fake Dracula teeth from Halloween.
Watch the older episodes to see his real teeth.
Disclaimer--They ALL had their teeth done

#16 9 years ago

The problem I have with Rick's Restorations is the prices. I can't see how people pay that kind of money to get things fixed by him. I heard his show is completely staged too. I heard they pay people to act like they brought him something to restore. I stopped watching it. I would probably watch it again if they put Kelly in a bikini..haha. The spin off of Pawn Stars that I like the best is Counting Cars. I like Danny's personality and love seeing what they do with the cars.

#17 9 years ago

ALL the shows are partially, half or all scripted. It's just fun to see the items and get a bit of history.

#18 9 years ago

I don't care for the staged drama on the show, but I do like seeing antique items and hearing about their history too.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from FishPharm:

The spin off of Pawn Stars that I like the best is Counting Cars. I like Danny's personality and love seeing what they do with the cars

I do as well. His love of huge cars is near to my heart. And he is a Cadillac man. I couldn't care less if that show is staged.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I don't care for the staged drama on the show, but I do like seeing antique items and hearing about their history too.

Ultimately, that is what they are. Shows that are meant to entertain and teach you something. How they get there behind the scenes is really irrelevant.

#21 9 years ago

That guy on Counting cars just needs to shave his head and call it a day, I don't know how much wider that bandana of his can get.
54488392.jpg54488392.jpg

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Ultimately, that is what they are. Shows that are meant to entertain and teach you something. How they get there behind the scenes is really irrelevant.

But then some people think these reality shows are actually "real" or reflect real-world prices.

Or you end up with the lunacy that is shark week on the discovery channel.

#23 9 years ago

Well the show is obviously produced, but that's not really a bad thing. People don't just walk up off the street with rare and interesting antiques, and an expert doesn't just happen to be around the corner every time. They cast sellers with cool stuff and historians/experts to explain their significant, I thought that was common knowledge. If you've ever been to a real pawn shop, it's NOTHING like that.

As for that $4000 Bally Odds and Evens, that scene was definitely scripted with inflated prices. It seems that they did that much more when the show first started a few years back. More recently the prices they show have seemed pretty accurate. I just enjoy watching the show to see some cool collectables and learn a little about them. I really don't care who actually owns it, or if anyone actually buys it.

And of course if you visit the shop the main crew isn't going to be there. Rick talked about that in his book. The show has just become too popular for them to make appearances 24/7. Everyone in the shop would just want pictures and autographs. It would be an absolute madhouse. And I'm sure the prices are pretty high....but so is everything on the LV strip. I went into a CVS, and the shampoo was $15 and under lock and key.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from FishPharm:

The problem I have with Rick's Restorations is the prices. I can't see how people pay that kind of money to get things fixed by him. I heard his show is completely staged too. I heard they pay people to act like they brought him something to restore. I stopped watching it.

It certainly has changed. I liked the early episodes, where they walked you through the restoration, and there was much to learn. It is entertainment now, and a business.
Tyler had on a T- shirt that read, "Yes, I am Tyler F*cking Dale!"

I went to buy something from the Boneyard, a Gas pump. Figured they might have one with my wifes family name, Ashland Oil.....Nothing less then $8000.
But its Vegas, and people pump and loose crazy amounts of money there.

Id love to have the time and crew, to do that kind of restoration.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Tyler had on a T- shirt that read, "Yes, I am Tyler F*cking Dale!"

Classy.

#26 9 years ago

That show is total BS! I worked in my families pawn shop for 8 years.It is true you get offered some pretty cool and valuable things from time to time but people don't try to sell you a airplane or launch keys to a nuclear missle.Totally ridiculous! Another thing is a pawn shop owner always ask's how much you want first for your item as it may be lower than what he would offer you.They would never give you more money just to be a nice guy like on the show.Thats real baloney.

#27 9 years ago

Come on now.
A few bad apples shouldn't spoil all the honest, hard working, fair deal pawnbrokers out there.
Where else can you find stolen goods from the next state over.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Tyler had on a T- shirt that read, "Yes, I am Tyler F*cking Dale!

I hope you're kidding. That kid (annoying as hell) and really the whole crew make that show unwatchable.The premise is great, but I just don't care for the personalities.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Robbie Welsh from Shipping Wars and Bernice south beach tow!!!

#30 9 years ago

Contact Scott in Vegas, and find out how fake and staged the Odd's and Even episode was.

It was his game, they hired an actor, and it was all scripted.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I hope you're kidding. That kid (annoying as hell) and really the whole crew make that show unwatchable.The premise is great, but I just don't care for the personalities.

Seriously, and no asterisk.....some parents on the tour with kids were a bit upset. Their kids had no issues today.

#32 9 years ago

I like this show better

image-183.jpgimage-183.jpg

#33 9 years ago

I hope hardcore pawn is fully scripted - I don't want to believe people really behave like that! It doesn't reflect well on the neighbourhood if there is any semblance of truth to the show.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

I like this show better

My wife and I tried a drinking game where we drank every time a word was beeped out. 10 minutes into the show we had to stop because it was getting ridiculous.

Quoted from Honch:

I hope you're kidding. That kid (annoying as hell) and really the whole crew make that show unwatchable.The premise is great, but I just don't care for the personalities

Same here. I deleted all of them I had recorded as it was painful to watch.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

They look like those fake Dracula teeth from Halloween.
Watch the older episodes to see his real teeth.
Disclaimer--They ALL had their teeth done

Exactly, they are not proportionate to his mouth. He needs to go back and get a refund...

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

I like this show better

I think the only thing worse might be Bad Girls Club. If ever there was evidence of the decline of western civilization.

#37 9 years ago

gary busy.jpggary busy.jpg

#38 9 years ago

Here is the way I look at it.

Pinball on TV is good. Always good.

Even if its on a "reality show" that is not quite as reality as they would have you believe, in the end of the day they have millions of viewers, most of which do not care how much is real or not... they just want to be entertained.

If pinball can get some exposure off of that... thats awesome. There is never a wrong way to put pinball machines on national television.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Here is the way I look at it.

Pinball on TV is good. Always good.

Even if its on a "reality show" that is not quite as reality as they would have you believe, in the end of the day they have millions of viewers, most of which do not care how much is real or not... they just want to be entertained.

If pinball can get some exposure off of that... thats awesome. There is never a wrong way to put pinball machines on national television.

I would agree, except when I see ads on CL for beat old EMs where they cite pawnstars saying their machine is worth 2k$

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

I would agree, except when I see ads on CL for beat old EMs where they cite pawnstars saying their machine is worth 2k$

Better to have overpriced ad's.... than no ad's at all. Pinball lives on... for now...

#41 9 years ago

We had a Pawn/Gold buying Store in City Line, Brooklyn.
It was there from 1932-1991.
I hate to say it, but yes customers sure did behave the way they you see on Hardcore Pawn...
Not every day, but enough for the police to be there once every 7-10 days.
It was quite scary...several times a year, a gun would be pulled out and pointed at me.
English was the third language, and the "demanding" of a certain amount of money was endless.
No Internet back then, but the lessons I learned about humanity...

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

There is never a wrong way to put pinball machines on national television

What if the pinball machine is member of the Kardashian family?

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

What if the pinball machine is member of the Kardashian family?

it would have to be a non working pinball machine just like the kardashian family, and of course it would be worth a million dollars for no reason at all

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

We had a Pawn/Gold buying Store in City Line, Brooklyn.
It was there from 1932-1991.
I hate to say it, but yes customers sure did behave the way they you see on Hardcore Pawn...
Not every day, but enough for the police to be there once every 7-10 days.
It was quite scary...several times a year, a gun would be pulled out and pointed at me.
English was the third language, and the "demanding" of a certain amount of money was endless.
No Internet back then, but the lessons I learned about humanity...

I hear you.We closed up our Pawn shop in 1993.I still have nightmares of some of the people I had to deal with .I had one crazy guy come in that really gave me the "willies".I got him out of the store but the next day saw a picture of him in the newspaper.He had broke into a mans truck outside his house .The man confronted him about it and this guy beat him to death .

#45 9 years ago

I'm half-surprised History Channel hasn't made the pitch to Stern to build a reality show themed pinball machine yet.

Pawn Stars / American Restoration / Counting Cars all in one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pawn-stars-pinball-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.