Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 142 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by debaser
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20130420_002.jpg
    IMG_6369-1024.jpg
    IMG_20130419_220024_901.jpg
    IMG_20130419_220019_491.jpg
    IMG_20130419_215948_000.jpg
    IMG_0570.jpg
    IMG_0557.jpg
    IMG_0556.jpg
    IMG_0455.jpg
    IMG_0513.jpg
    P4190110.JPG
    P4190092.JPG
    P4190135.JPG
    IMG_1763.JPG
    A6.jpg
    A5.jpg
    There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 11 years ago

But you forgot Me! Seriously, having a blast with Python!

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so what are the tournament machines?

I'll have to look at the pictures, but the only oddball one I remember was Bally Supersonic

#54 11 years ago

did you play in the tourney? if so how did they play? Was it good or feel like you were at super auctions?

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from awarner:

But you forgot Me! Seriously, having a blast with Python!

Post some pics!

I only did the highlights; I'm sure you guys have tons more. (especially after hours with Python...)

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

did you play in the tourney? if so how did they play? Was it good or feel like you were at super auctions?

It's not really fair if I play and have such long ball times that I exceed the hall's hours of operation.

I respectfully bowed out.

#57 11 years ago

Gotcha. That is very nice of you to be so nice to let others have time to qualify. Those mad skills should be saved for National events.

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Gotcha. That is very nice of you to be so nice to let others have time to qualify. Those mad skills should be saved for National events.

http://deadspin.com/ryan-lochtes-stupidity-made-a-news-anchor-cry-with-lau-476446049

Sure, and then they'd give me my own show like Ryan Lochtes

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Eat at Schuler's in Marshall.
    http://www.schulersrestaurant.com/
    Great food.

A tough decision between Schuler's and Weber's Inn for prime rib. I had other plans this evening but I do frequent Schuler's. I remember when they also had Jackson, St. Joseph, Ann Arbor, Bloomfield and Rochester restaurants. Now they are back to one although Schu's Sports Bar & Grill in St. Joe is related. Great stuff.

#60 11 years ago

Guess we arn't going to the Zoo this year. My group is too worn out from doing MGC, Then MPE, then pinburgh. To much to soon all at once. Going to pass this one this year. Looks like a good time. What kind of prices were on games. Usually you can score some deals at that show.

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Here are some pics from the PATZ 2013.
    Kalamazoo Expo center; a nice newer looking building.

Thanks for posting the pics. I'm going today - my first time in eight years (way too long). I'm quite excited which, I guess, is why I was up at 4:30 this morning.

Tom

#62 11 years ago

thanks for all the pics.

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

What kind of prices were on games. Usually you can score some deals at that show.

The Pinflation has fully hit the Zoo scene.

Not a single bargain machine to be had.

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Orbitor 1 and Hollywood Heat.

I wish I would have known that you were going to be there. that was my GF and I in that photo

python was a class act (as always). I managed to get him to sign my neighbor's CPR cyclone playfield and even draw their family in the style of the amusement park attendee's above his signature
    IMG_1763.JPGIMG_1763.JPG

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I wish I would have known that you were going to be there. that was my GF and I in that photo

I'll look if there is a better shot of you two.

Quoted from j_m_:

python was a class act (as always). I managed to get him to sign my neighbor's CPR cyclone playfield and even draw their family in the style of the amusement park attendee's above his signature

That is truly bad assed!

#66 11 years ago

I talked with Python for a long time at MPE. He's definitely interesting to talk to. Excited about everything he has going on and coming up.

#67 11 years ago

Did anyone get a Pict- or see Chris & Melissa ( CoinTaker ) while you were there .,,

#68 11 years ago

yep, here you go (and a bonus ben heck!)
    P4190135.JPGP4190135.JPG

#69 11 years ago

That's weird. No WOZ at the show.

#70 11 years ago

pardon? it was there, just right of gary from ABEL electronics' booth (with new .95B2 firmware too!)

P4190092.JPGP4190092.JPG

#71 11 years ago

and before I forget, python was also selling his "bride of pinbot" prints (extremely nice quality on rice paper), signing and certifying them. these are limited to 200 prints in total

P4190110.JPGP4190110.JPG

and before anyone makes and smartass or rude comments, that bottle of jack daniels was a gift from me to him (silver select is not available here in the states, and yet mr. anghelo knew all about it

#72 11 years ago

My husband and I brought Maverick, Star Wars Episode 1, Striker Extreme and Roller games.

IMG_0513.jpgIMG_0513.jpg IMG_0455.jpgIMG_0455.jpg

#73 11 years ago

I see Derek and thats a wrap for me lol

#74 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The Pinflation has fully hit the Zoo scene.
    Not a single bargain machine to be had.

Nobody was giving anything away that's for sure, but a we sold a stargate for $1550 and I seen a high speed that did not sell for $800. Another stargate was $1750.

#75 11 years ago

Some pics of the auction action!
    Thanks to John and SuAnn Dayhuff for running the auction.

IMG_0556.jpgIMG_0556.jpg IMG_0557.jpgIMG_0557.jpg IMG_0570.jpgIMG_0570.jpg

#76 11 years ago

Thanks for the great time this year! Kudos to Kevin, Aaron, John and all the rest (too many to mention and I'll forget someone if I try to list them all) who helped make it what it was!

Get some sleep and charge them batteries for next year.

#77 11 years ago

$1500 for stargate. was it nice? i would have pulled the trigger on that. if the plating was good on the habitrails and ramps, and cabinet was fairly nice.

#78 11 years ago

I spy the back of my head. Who knew I like Bride of PinBot or LEDs? Nice job.

#79 11 years ago

I like how the zoo always has this enormous space for the show and uses about 25% of it, while the MGC has 3x's more stuff and 80% less space. These 2 shows need to swap buildings with one another.

#80 11 years ago

great pics....!! Jpop

#81 11 years ago

I went on Friday. Had a great time, much better than the crowded and smelly Chicago expo. I'll go back!

#82 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I like how the zoo always has this enormous space for the show and uses about 25% of it, while the MGC has 3x's more stuff and 80% less space. These 2 shows need to swap buildings with one another.

That is what I was thinking also.

#83 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tortelvis:

CaptainNeo said:

That is what I was thinking also.

The ZOO building could not handle all the games of MGC due to the power needed for those games and the outlet arrangement foils that plan too. Great thought though.

#84 11 years ago

Thanks for posting so many pics, this thread was an awesome read

#85 11 years ago

The Zoo building actually works pretty good as is, as there is plenty of room to have people standing around in multiple groups talking and socializing. I go there to socialize and buy parts more than I go to play games actually. It's just a nice scene.

#86 11 years ago

So agree that the PATZ venue is just the right size for the show. It's great to have room to walk around without people running into you continuously just to get from place to place.

#87 11 years ago

Sounds like WOZ won Best in Show at PATZ.

#88 11 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

I spy the back of my head. Who knew I like Bride of Pinbot or LEDs? Nice job.

Thanks... I am glad you liked my BoP that went to the LED salon... This machine is a Diamond Plate playfield, with a very nice unfaded cabinet.

Python LOVED my machine and was very impressed with the LED lay out that I did on her. He told me that is the way she was intended to look in his mind when he designed her in 1990. He sign both of my flipper and the translate. And wants
    to show her off in other events.

IMG_20130419_215948_000.jpgIMG_20130419_215948_000.jpg IMG_20130419_220019_491.jpgIMG_20130419_220019_491.jpg IMG_20130419_220024_901.jpgIMG_20130419_220024_901.jpg

#89 11 years ago

WOZ shouldn't be able to win Best in show, as it's a vendors game. Kind of unfair for the new game that's not even out yet to win that.

#90 11 years ago

I was thinking the same thing. Why should venders and distributors be able to win show awards? Awards should be strictly for collectors who bring in a game for free play.

#91 11 years ago
    Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Thanks... I am glad you liked my BoP that went to the LED salon... This machine is a Diamond coated playfield, with a very nice unfaded cabinet.
    Python LOVED my machine and was very impressed with the LED lay out that I did on her. He told me that is the way she was intended to look in his mind when he designed her in 1990. He sign both of my flipper and the translate. And wants
    to show her off in other events.

The signed flippers were the icing on the cake. I had never like that game until I played yours. LEDs usually drive me bonkers but it really really worked for me how you had it. I've been coming around on 'em, I guess.

#92 11 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

The signed flippers were the icing on the cake. I had never like that game until I played yours. LEDs usually drive me bonkers but it really really worked for me how you had it. I've been coming around on 'em, I guess.

Remember you were looking at a fully led game in a very bright room.

#93 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

WOZ shouldn't be able to win Best in show, as it's a vendors game. Kind of unfair for the new game that's not even out yet to win that.

So have a rule that no game can win unless its a production made game and the total exceeds...?

That would be a tough rule for boutique pins.

or

A rule that says the code has to be finished and over "X" made...

hmmm better yet make the award for the Best machine at the show

#94 11 years ago

Neo is saying that a brand new game should not win best in show.

Usually best in show is reserved for the best restored game.

It would be like going to a classic Mustang show and having a stock 2014 GT get best in show...

#95 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

A tough decision between Schuler's and Weber's Inn for prime rib. I had other plans this evening but I do frequent Schuler's. I remember when they also had Jackson, St. Joseph, Ann Arbor, Bloomfield and Rochester restaurants. Now they are back to one although Schu's Sports Bar & Grill in St. Joe is related. Great stuff.

Give Stevensville credit. Schuler's was there not St. Joe. Schu's is St. Joe

#96 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It would be like going to a classic Mustang show and having a stock 2014 GT get best in show...

Exactly. It's not fair to the guys who put hard work into bringing a nice EM or something back to life, make it look new, and then get shut out by a game because it's new to everyone and the new flavor of the month. THat's why it's nice when shows have best in show for multiple catagories, like DMD, early SS, EM and then have fan favorite, as well as most popular or something of the sort. THat way the love is distributed over a wider spectrum.

#97 11 years ago

Don't care to start a thread but since this show is in the area of Grand Rapids, has the flooding there done any damage to the Meanwhile and their collection?

#98 11 years ago

Thanks for sharing vid.

Looks like a good turnout and excellent variety of main stream and oddity games.

Hope all had a blast playing games.

#99 11 years ago

Thanks for sharing all the pics and info. Looks like a really cool show.

#100 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That makes sense. Its all in the definition

There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/patz-pinball-at-the-zoo-2013-highlights/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.