Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 550 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SternDriver_Before (resized).jpg
    SternDriver_After (resized).jpg
    e6da4a8904b35ccf37b546226f949fa0 (resized).jpg
    524F2141-D2C4-4817-8494-F956B91E887B.jpeg
    IMG_2602 (resized).JPEG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Best In Show (resized).jpg
    Bally Row Back (resized).jpg
    Bally Row Front (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190428-122458_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20170422_123646 (resized).jpg
    20190428_101003 (resized).jpg
    20190428_100725 (resized).jpg
    E0892AFF-E8F2-448A-98AB-66510DF551E0 (resized).jpeg
    IMAG1387 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#294 5 years ago

Looking to attend the show for the first time on Saturday. Are there usually parts there? A few things I'd like to find:

Early Stern coinbox for a Meteor
    Gottlieb coinbox for Haunted House
    Plastic retaining clips for Williams Pinbot Wico coin door (to hold coin mechs)
    Coin return lever and hardware for an 80's Bally coin door for an Elektra.

May be interested in a new project game. Need not be working or complete. Prefer 80's and 90's up solid state with a decent or nice playfield. Anyone bringing projects for sale?

#310 5 years ago

If anyone has an early Stern machine I could bring some of my light shields for the coin door. Keeps the light from shining up between the playfield and lockdown bar. I also have some spare playfield crystals for Elektra.

#461 4 years ago

This is the first year I was able to attend the show. Everyone involved did a fantastic job and I appreciate all the work to put it together. From the organizers, vendors, and those that brought out their games for everyone to enjoy. Thank you!!

There was a great variety of games at the show and I was pleasantly surprised to see my old Blackjack machine there and meet the new owners. It was running the custom code I wrote. That added a couple new tunes and changed the rules. One of the few games that will reduce your score if you mess up. Really makes that particular machine more interesting. Seeing how well people enjoyed the upgrade makes me want to see what I can do for other old Bally machines.

Having the vendors dragging out parts is awesome and I hope others bring extra spares next years. Already fixed a couple of the project boards from John Dayhuff, found a coinbox from another vendor, and some new parts from Pinball life.

Finally was able to try out a Robowars machine and found out that a friend was the owner. Didn't even know he had any games until the show. It was a fun way to reconnect.

Definitely looking forward to next year.

Robert

4 weeks later
    #520 4 years ago

I'm looking forward to the next PATZ show and hope the vendors all show up again and people bring out their spare parts. I picked up some spare as-is boards from Dayhuff and have been going through them in my spare time. Rebuilt a couple lamp driver boards and am working on a power board and MPU next. I've attached a picture of the worst one (an old STERN lamp driver) that I finished and verified in my Elektra. It cleaned up well. Before and after pictures are shown below.

SternDriver_Before (resized).jpgSternDriver_Before (resized).jpgSternDriver_After (resized).jpgSternDriver_After (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/patz-2019-official-pinball-at-the-zoo-thread-april-25-26-27?tu=Robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.