Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 550 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SternDriver_Before (resized).jpg
    SternDriver_After (resized).jpg
    e6da4a8904b35ccf37b546226f949fa0 (resized).jpg
    524F2141-D2C4-4817-8494-F956B91E887B.jpeg
    IMG_2602 (resized).JPEG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Best In Show (resized).jpg
    Bally Row Back (resized).jpg
    Bally Row Front (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190428-122458_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20170422_123646 (resized).jpg
    20190428_101003 (resized).jpg
    20190428_100725 (resized).jpg
    E0892AFF-E8F2-448A-98AB-66510DF551E0 (resized).jpeg
    IMAG1387 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dayhuff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

Bringing lots of stuff as usual, can't wait to see everyone again this year. Pretty sure it's the 20 annual ? Started in year 2000 so that's 20, right?

John

3 weeks later
    #19 5 years ago

How about a trophy for this years best Vendor Booth?

John

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Another Item to store n sell, brilliant!

Not sure what you mean Todd?

John

#27 5 years ago

I have a WWF Royal Rumble for sale if anyone's interested?

John

#33 5 years ago

If someone were to buy out my entire booth of parts at the Ohio show and I had nothing as far as parts to bring to PATZ, I'll bring all my classic Bally's and Sterns for everyone to play. Surely someone out there in Ohio land needs a lifetime parts supply in one huge deal...?

John

IMG_0121 (resized).JPGIMG_0121 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #77 5 years ago

I have several machines I can bring if there still here by then. WWF Royal Rumble, Cueball Wizard, Jungle Lord, Time Machine, Dealers Choice and possibly X's and O's.....but it's fate is still up in the air...

John

1 week later
    #117 5 years ago

What about an X's and O's ? I might be able to bring one if it's still here by then.

John

1 week later
    #133 5 years ago

Don't forget to bring your backglasses, playfields and games to the auction. No fee's and no sales tax, just bring your cash money. There is no other arcade auction like it in the world.

John

#138 5 years ago

I have games to sell, but getting them to the show might be a problem but I'm going to try. Cueball Wizard, WWF Royal Rumble, Jungle Lord, Time Machine and perhaps either X's and O's or maybe a special surprise game to which I can't say what it might be yet....
    Can sell any of the first four at anytime but the X+O might be spoken for already...but I should know by the show atleast.

John

#152 5 years ago
    Quoted from harmon1728:

Black Knight Swords of Rage-Yes
    Oktoberfest- Maybe? I’ve been in contact with American pinball and fingers crossed it works out.
    Willy Wonka-Doubtful
    These are all subject to change at any moment. New info is coming in literally everyday at this point.
    Vendors... I don’t currently have anyone that sells game flyers on my vendor list. Some vendors confirm with Kevin so there may be someone I don’t know about. But, we do get vendors confirming up until the 25th so I wouldn’t be shocked.

I got tons of flyers(but nothing new, mostly older stuff), both pinball and video that I bring for $5 each. Don't ask me which ones because there buried in the van until the Zoo show so just stop into the booth and check them out.
    John

#156 5 years ago
    Quoted from crlush:

If you really want to set him off ask him to text you some pics, LOL

What's a text?

John

#175 5 years ago
    Quoted from harmon1728:

Here is a current list of vendors. Looking to be a great year! Plus, there's a decent chance we add some more as we get closer.
    1. Rock Custom Pinball
    2. Xaver Barrel Arcades
    3. Michigan Pinball Refinery
    4. Pinball Life
    5. American Pinball
    6. John Dayhuff
    7. ULEK Store
    8. Great Lakes Pinball
    9. Project Pinball
    10. Star World Amusement
    11. Dave Sorenson
    12. Mr. Soda Pop
    13. Ryan Claytor
    14. Fort Wayne Wizards World
    15. Derek Fugate

Wow, after 20 years I'm ranking #6.....LOL.

John

#178 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

John will Sue Ann (I hope I got that right!!!) be selling them delicious cookies again ?

Pretty sure she has it on her radar for this year as well. I'll forward this to her and let her know that people are "demanding" that she make them again this year......LOL.

John

#196 5 years ago

I'm looking at bringing games to sell.

WWF Royal Rumble, new CPU/driver board, new power supply as well as the DMD and the DMD controller board. $2400
    Jungle Lord, working game but the speech went out on me the other day so I'm leaving that to the next guy as I'm running out of time for this game. Reconditioned CPU board with a nvram installed. Some LED's. $750
    Cueball Wizard, Nice game and plays great (I should keep this one but I already have one...), some LED's. $2400
    Time Machine by Data East, players condition but does have all new boards and displays with the exception of the sound board. $2300
    X's and O's, trade deal pending on this game but who knows by the time the show gets here so we'll just have to see.
    Cactus Canyon, Upper and lower cabinet only and stripped of everything. $200??
    Thanks,
    John

#198 5 years ago

Gonna have to pass on the Tri Zone. My goal here is to thin things out a bit. GLWTS/trade however.

John

#200 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:

I bought this disco fever playfield from you at patz 8 years ago for $50... with current pinflation prices I should be able to get $500 trade in?? [quoted image]

Ooookaaayyy.....I guess so, all you need to do is convince someone else of that.......LOL.

John

#210 5 years ago
    Quoted from TallGuy:

I'll be looking for a bunch of random stuff for a game room that I'm sure John will have,
    Can't wait! ~ Matt

Matt,
    Anything in particular your looking for? One thing that I have and I can't bring to the show is a rather large old school neon that says Open and then the word Donuts underneath that I was thinking about letting go. It's about 5 feet long and probably two feet tall and has that nice soft old school neon glow. I'm not to keen on moving it as I'm afraid it could get busted and if that happens well, "no donuts for you!". Not sure what I'd want for it but I was sorta thinking about it for the space I could use......, I'm not hard up to sell it though so it wont be really cheap or anything.

John

#219 5 years ago

Couple of pictures of the Donuts sign for those that asked.
    John

IMG_0068 (resized).JPGIMG_0068 (resized).JPGIMG_0069 (resized).JPGIMG_0069 (resized).JPG
    #221 5 years ago

As of now I've got a van load full of parts and goodies coming on Thursday but wont be until around 5pm. I'll have some other stuff in the booth early but the bulk of it wont be until later on. I'll also be bringing 4-5 games that are all for sale too. Of course don't forget to check out the "FREE" table again this year. Keep checking back in the booth for more stuff coming in.

John

#287 5 years ago

X's and O's fate will be decided today at 4pm. So there is a chance it still could make the show or.....??

John

IMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0001 (resized).JPG
    #291 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

X's and O's fate will be decided today at 4pm. So there is a chance it still could make the show or.....??
    John
    [quoted image]

X's and O's is gone, but I might be bringing this one instead.
    John

IMG_0095 (resized).JPGIMG_0095 (resized).JPG
    #307 5 years ago

The more games you guys can bring for the auction the better it is for everyone. Last year's auction was a little on the lighter side then it had been for a number of years. Hard to believe after ten years of doing this auction it has not grown to a huge amount of games being put in, especially when there are no fee's involved.

BTW: Alex, I wont be there until around 2pm ish on Thursday so please make sure you hold my spots as usual.

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there.
    John

#311 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:

Friday from 6-10 some of my friends from the Kalamazoo vintage moped rider club will be coming and we've arranged with Alex to let them bring them inside along the back wall overhead door area..so you can check them out..won't be a huge turn out..maybe 10
    [quoted image]

Wow, that's really surprising that the Fairgrounds would allow them in the building like that. In the past they said no vehicles or trailers of any kind because it messes up the floor with the oil leaks and tire marks so be careful not to make a mess and be sure to clean it up if you do......LOL.

John

#316 5 years ago

Wow, that's cool Rob. I have a ceiling hanger one already or I'd be tempted.

John

#318 5 years ago

The truck, trailer, and van are all loaded. Just one more game to load up tomorrow afternoon and some other stuff...., lets see what else am I forgetting.......Hmmm.......?? I know there's something very important that I have to bring...., ?????

John

#325 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

A coin box that will fit in a NASCAR that's in great shape. It's over on that other shelf of misc stuff.

All coin boxes are coming on Friday, probably going straight to the free table I'm guessing....., I don't recall anything for Nascar though. Sorry.
    John

#326 5 years ago

Yes, that was it. There in the works as we speak. Pretty soon the air will be filled with that freshly baked cookie aroma.......LOL.

John

#330 5 years ago

Action shot.....

John

IMG_0113 (resized).JPGIMG_0113 (resized).JPG
    #333 5 years ago

First batch going in........

John

IMG_0115 (resized).JPGIMG_0115 (resized).JPG
    #335 5 years ago
    Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Dayhuff.... Hi Sue Ann COOKIES

You betcha.......

John

IMG_0116 (resized).JPGIMG_0116 (resized).JPG
    #337 5 years ago
    Quoted from cletus:

That’s breakfast, lunch and dinner right there!

I'll have her make up extra's just in case but there going fast....mmmmm.

John

IMG_0117 (resized).JPGIMG_0117 (resized).JPG
    #341 5 years ago
    Quoted from crlush:

I bet that computer monitor is older than your cell phone

Whats a cell phone? This one works fine for me. Old skool man, old skewl.......

John

IMG_0118 (resized).JPGIMG_0118 (resized).JPG
    #344 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I have a 19 inch CRT that you can have for free if you want it. Let me know.

Nawww...I stored this one for the last twenty years before my old one went out so I think I'm good for another twenty years. But thanks anyways.

John

#357 5 years ago

Thanks to every one for there contributions to the show this year. What with this being the 20th show lets all be proud that it has not only survived but thrives every year and there's not many other shows out there that have been around that long. Congrats to Kevin and Alex for pulling it off each year. YOU GUYS ROCK!!

John

#439 4 years ago

WOW, what a great show!! In the last twenty years I've seen them all but this had to be the best one by far, not sure why that was, if it had anything to do with it being the 20th show or not but never the less it was AWESOME. Thanks to everyone that put so much time and effort into making it a great show and I hope that it continues to grow even more in the years to come. Thanks to everyone for spending some cash in my booth, it's much appreciated. Special thanks goes out to Ken, Marcus, Matt, Ron, Phil and my wife SuAnn for helping me do the 10th annual SaturDayhuff Auction, you guys are the BEST!!

John

#457 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyThom:

PATZ is a hoot. Next year's show can't come soon enough.

Maybe we can talk Alex into a Fall show as well??

John

#469 4 years ago
    Quoted from klassicarcade:

A big thanks to John Dayhuff and Dave Sorenson for being vendors at all 20 PATZ shows.... KK

Shouldn't there be some kind of reward for that? LOL......

John

#479 4 years ago

So what games won which awards? Lets put a list together of all games and vendors that got awarded.

John

#488 4 years ago
    Quoted from harmon1728:

Best in Show- Centaur- Daane Blouw
    Modern- Deadpool- Steve Groothuis
    90’s- Guns N Roses-Josh Mitoska
    80’s- F-14 Tomcat-Clint Wright
    70’s SS- Harlem Globetrotters- Tommy Skinner
    EM- Suspense- Neil Murphy

#490 4 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Why is there no on-going compiled list (maybe a section for it on this site) for EVERY annual show's award-winning machines? Ideally, it would include a few pictures of the machines. A lot of collectors rag on the newbies colorbombing their games or "decorating" games the "wrong" way--why not have a section to point to for nice examples of games as voted on by a group of fellow collectors?

There used to be one on the PATZ website that went back many years, or perhaps it was tournament high scores, or both? I can't remember......but I see it's gone. Alex, Kevin ??

John

#503 4 years ago

Is an "open house" considered a show? In other words if I were to open up my collection to others to come play my games then is that a "show", or "open house" or is it a "party"? If people are not required to bring games or be a vendor to make the event what it is then what is it?

John

#505 4 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Isn't it a cookie tasting event that happens to have pinball machines?

Only if we sell them milk to go with the cookies.

John

#509 4 years ago

Hmm....didn't realize there was more than one show currently in Michigan.

John

#515 4 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

Your open houses are amazing. When do you think you will throw another one? It's been a while since I visited B.C.!

The Annual Party is always the first Saturday in November. Don't even want to think about it this early...., it's summer fun time right now...LOL.

John

7 months later
    #528 4 years ago

Man this really sucks, same dates at the Ohio show. I can't do both on the same weekend.

John

1 month later
    #541 4 years ago

Somebody start a new thread already..........

John

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dayhuff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/patz-2019-official-pinball-at-the-zoo-thread-april-25-26-27?tu=Dayhuff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.