Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 550 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SternDriver_Before (resized).jpg
    SternDriver_After (resized).jpg
    e6da4a8904b35ccf37b546226f949fa0 (resized).jpg
    524F2141-D2C4-4817-8494-F956B91E887B.jpeg
    IMG_2602 (resized).JPEG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Best In Show (resized).jpg
    Bally Row Back (resized).jpg
    Bally Row Front (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190428-122458_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20170422_123646 (resized).jpg
    20190428_101003 (resized).jpg
    20190428_100725 (resized).jpg
    E0892AFF-E8F2-448A-98AB-66510DF551E0 (resized).jpeg
    IMAG1387 (resized).jpg
    There are 550 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
    #51 5 years ago

He will still have fun. I also have a lot of big ball bowler backglasses for sale if anyone is interested

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

He will still have fun. I also have a lot of big ball bowler backglasses for sale if anyone is interested

My kid has a blast every year. Though you can tell when he's getting worn out... or when he's snuck too many trips to Mr soda pop lol. This will be year 3 with him and he finally doesn't need the step stool.

#53 5 years ago

I took him a few years ago with my wife, but this will be the first year just us 2. Getting excited!

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

Already looking forward to this. Probably bringing Joker Poker, and Pac Cocktail. maybe a couple of vids to sell. Still deciding.

Gimme the dimensions of that Super Sprint!

#55 5 years ago

Be sure to bring your cash for @ryanclaytor's awesome 64 page tome, "Coin-Op Carnival"! It is looking awesome and he'll be on hand to sell ya one!

#56 5 years ago

On the lookout for an em racing game

#57 5 years ago

I brought 4 last year, and our league (that Im no longer in) brought 12-13 total.. I probably wont bring that many this year.. Seems like a lot of people keep their really nice games at home.. or some of the nicer stuff was in the tournament area- Maybe the tournament area could have the first two hours of each day be on free play as well.. I spent $10-15 just so I could play TNA.. that was it.. What games of mine would you like to see this year? Heres some pics of my game room, also have a few not pictured.. as well as a expensive ass Gun's N Roses I just bought and dropped off to get super clean and all upgraded-

53306906_414085999365414_1795986621166780416_n (resized).jpg53306906_414085999365414_1795986621166780416_n (resized).jpg53408442_415543735686399_5694858014356406272_n (resized).jpg53408442_415543735686399_5694858014356406272_n (resized).jpg53664114_689675614781931_4254943221618049024_n (resized).jpg53664114_689675614781931_4254943221618049024_n (resized).jpg54432317_2331090407216374_7776357903694299136_n (resized).jpg54432317_2331090407216374_7776357903694299136_n (resized).jpg54436786_792977864412098_6566951677859987456_n (resized).jpg54436786_792977864412098_6566951677859987456_n (resized).jpg
    #58 5 years ago

I'm probably bringing Blue Chip. Looking forward to the show.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:

I brought 4 last year, and our league (that Im no longer in) brought 12-13 total.. I probably wont bring that many this year.. Seems like a lot of people keep their really nice games at home.. or some of the nicer stuff was in the tournament area- Maybe the tournament area could have the first two hours of each day be on free play as well.. I spent $10-15 just so I could play TNA.. that was it.. What games of mine would you like to see this year? Heres some pics of my game room, also have a few not pictured.. as well as a expensive ass Gun's N Roses I just bought and dropped off to get super clean and all upgraded-
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Atilla the hun, beat the clock, hardbodies. Games you dont see every day!

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Atilla the hun, beat the clock, hardbodies. Games you dont see every day!

Agree, I'd prefer to see games that aren't seen very often.

#61 5 years ago

Feel like every arcade has newer sterns, but not often you can find those games to play! (Still like to play and see the newer sterns though!)

#62 5 years ago

I did bring beat the clock last year, and pretty much nobody played it

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:

Lots of great games there. Lost world and Hulk are two I've never had the chance to play. I like the ideas of opening of the tournament area like you suggest. Always see titles I'd love to play in there but let's face it... even though I love pinball I'm really bad at it lol.

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zarklin:

I like the ideas of opening of the tournament area like you suggest. Always see titles I'd love to play in there but let's face it... even though I love pinball I'm really bad at it lol.

Quoted from Mitoska:

or some of the nicer stuff was in the tournament area- Maybe the tournament area could have the first two hours of each day be on free play as well.

As the person who runs the show as well as the tournament I hear you guys. I know its a big issue that we run into. The problem is that the tournament has grown to be huge and we are also a part of the Stern Pro Circuit this year. This makes it impossible to open the games up as we already don't have a lot of qualifying hours. One thing we do is to provide everyone who shows up on Thursday 2 free tournament entries. All you have to do is go up to the tournament area and register. We will automatically give you your free entries. Also, our tournament is for charity. All of the net proceeds from the tournament go to the MS Society of Michigan. Each entry is only $1 so if there is a game you really want to play in the tournament, consider dropping a couple dollars for a good cause. No one judges you for bad scores, we have people of ALL skill levels participating.

I COMPLETELY understand you guys, unfortunately its a problem every show has that has tournaments. We've done our best to combat this in many ways. I encourage anyone who has an issue with this kind of stuff to come up and talk to me at the show.

#65 5 years ago

Anyone around the toledo area going up for all 3 days and have room for a game? Id like to have the game i plan on bringing up there all 3 days, but i cant make it until sat. If anyone is going up with a trailer full of games im happy to bring more than 1

#66 5 years ago

<
    I COMPLETELY understand you guys, unfortunately its a problem every show has that has tournaments. We've done our best to combat this in many ways. I encourage anyone who has an issue with this kind of stuff to come up and talk to me at the show.

Yeah, that makes sense I guess.. let me tell you guys a story about PATZ.. I never played pinball.. (well probably a hand full of times) saw a thing on craigs list advertising this pinball show, back in 2011. So.. I thought that sounds fun.. I took my then 7 year old.. we had a good time.. and he was like.. "hey, lets buy a game" so.. auction time came around.. Atilla the Hun came up.. and that was the one we bought no rhyme or reason.. that started it all.. Its kind of my favorite game in the collection because of that.. here we are .. 8 years later.. and nearly 30 games.. and I dont even want to think how much money.. I love it though

hun (resized).jpghun (resized).jpg
    #67 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:

&lt;
    Yeah, that makes sense I guess.. let me tell you guys a story about PATZ.. I never played pinball.. (well probably a hand full of times) saw a thing on craigs list advertising this pinball show, back in 2011. So.. I thought that sounds fun.. I took my then 7 year old.. we had a good time.. and he was like.. "hey, lets buy a game" so.. auction time came around.. Atilla the Hun came up.. and that was the one we bought no rhyme or reason.. that started it all.. Its kind of my favorite game in the collection because of that.. here we are .. 8 years later.. and nearly 30 games.. and I dont even want to think how much money.. I love it though [quoted image]

I love these stories... PATZ has seemed to be a lot of peoples jump start into the pinball hobby. Just one of the many reasons I love the show and am happy to be a part of it!

Now someone in the Toledo area help amkoepfer out if they can! Would love to have more games to play!!!

#68 5 years ago

Last time i went to patz wwe was the new game. I really wanted to play it so i bought a couple of tickets. I dont find that too bad, pay a dollar to charity to try rhe latest and greatest. Other shows ive been to, you have no shot at playing those games unless youre in the tournament. Really wanted to play avatar at the ohio show a few years ago, but couldnt do the tournament so no luck playing it. Ive still never played an avatar, but that was disappointing. Still awesome to have so many games to play. Mitoska that atilla looks awesome!

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from harmon1728:

I love these stories... PATZ has seemed to be a lot of peoples jump start into the pinball hobby. Just one of the many reasons I love the show and am happy to be a part of it!
    Now someone in the Toledo area help amkoepfer out if they can! Would love to have more games to play!!!

I will contact several people i know go to the show and see what i can do. Hell, id let all my games go there if i had a trailer and vacation for thurs and fri

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

I will contact several people i know go to the show and see what i can do. Hell, id let all my games go there if i had a trailer and vacation for thurs and fri

maybe I'll take a bigger trailer this year.. if so you could drop your game/games off at my house anytime before the show.. Im in Brooklyn.. 49230 about an hour from Toledo.. and either take them back on your own.. or stage them in my garage till your ready..

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:

maybe I'll take a bigger trailer this year.. if so you could drop your game/games off at my house anytime before the show.. Im in Brooklyn.. 49230 about an hour from Toledo.. and either take them back on your own.. or stage them in my garage till your ready..

How many would you have room for? I can only fit one at a time in my car, but could always get a trailer to move back and forth. Brooklyn isnt far and a nice drive. My aunt was the owner of poppas place and i still like to go up there for breakfast

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Any kids tournaments?

I've seen you play, Andy. You should do okay in the adult tournament.

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

I've seen you play, Andy. You should do okay in the adult tournament.

Well played scott!

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

How many would you have room for? I can only fit one at a time in my car, but could always get a trailer to move back and forth. Brooklyn isnt far and a nice drive. My aunt was the owner of poppas place and i still like to go up there for breakfast

oh nice,, I love poppas.! You'll have to see my mural project next time your here on Water Street right downtown - We have like 17 murals up

14692047_1271622476228684_4347535793405725332_o (resized).jpg14692047_1271622476228684_4347535793405725332_o (resized).jpgadam (resized).jpgadam (resized).jpgdeer (resized).jpgdeer (resized).jpgoldgrowthbr (resized).jpgoldgrowthbr (resized).jpgpaolo2 (resized).jpgpaolo2 (resized).jpg
    #75 5 years ago

Trying to round up my group after a gap year. 2017 we had a total of 8 guys make the trip from Chicago on a Friday. Played for about 4 hours then went Bells and headed home on Saturday. Not everyone in the group is huge into pinball, but everyone has a great time.

#76 5 years ago

I have a Bally Star Trek I could bring but need to bring Space Odyssey to sell and I only have room for one. So unless someone wants SO before the show...? Also someone bring a Dolly Parton project for me to buy!

#77 5 years ago

I have several machines I can bring if there still here by then. WWF Royal Rumble, Cueball Wizard, Jungle Lord, Time Machine, Dealers Choice and possibly X's and O's.....but it's fate is still up in the air...

John

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

I have several machines I can bring if there still here by then. WWF Royal Rumble, Cueball Wizard, Jungle Lord, Time Machine, Dealers Choice and possibly X's and O's.....but it's fate is still up in the air...
    John

A lot of good ones there, if only I had deeper pockets..... and a bigger basement. My wife's in the market for another SS machine. (Seems every time I get an EM she needs one lol) want to get her some plays on a time machine think she'd like it. Ultimately Pinbot is one we've been waiting to find at a good price but rarely see them or at least at the right price/time.

#79 5 years ago

Cant wait should be bringing a Nascar for sale.

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:

was that your Guardians at the show last year? If so, that's the reason I now have one.

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:Seems like a lot of people keep their really nice games at home

Did you see the Fathom last year!? Or the Flash Gordon the year before? Or the Monster Bash before that? I think some people bring some VERY nice games to this show

Quoted from Mitoska:

some of the nicer stuff was in the tournament area- Maybe the tournament area could have the first two hours of each day be on free play as well.. I spent $10-15 just so I could play TNA

I'm with you on this one. But I know the tournament brings in people that may not otherwise come to the show. So it all balances out.

Quoted from Mitoska:

What games of mine would you like to see this year?

My vote goes to Hardbodies, Lost World, and Attila the Hun. In that order. These are all games you don't see too often.
    And thanks for bringing Truck Stop last year. Its the only other one I've played besides mine.

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from polyacanthus:

I have a Bally Star Trek I could bring but need to bring Space Odyssey to sell and I only have room for one. So unless someone wants SO before the show...? Also someone bring a Dolly Parton project for me to buy!

Someone buy that space odyssey. We need to get a Bally Star Trek to the show for "The Row"

#83 5 years ago

A mostly restored Harlem will be coming this year along with a Flash Gordon if it can be finished in time.

Maybe even a Dragonfist and/or Split Second.

That should satisfy some taste for the really nice and the really rare.

#84 5 years ago

Looking to trade 1981 Gottlieb Volcano I can bring to the show. Very clean machine working 100%, nice backglasses and playfield. Numbers-matching boardset and the original DataSentry did not leak at all (see below), I've added a few pictures of the machine now.

I am interested in a solid-state machine from 77-84, looking for a non-widebody machine. Galaxy, Meteor, Alien Poker, Vector, Black Pyramid, Kings of Steel, Laser Cue, and Nitro Ground Shaker come to mind. But please feel free to let me know what you have. Thanks.
    ds-1 (resized).jpgds-1 (resized).jpgds-2 (resized).jpgds-2 (resized).jpg

volcano2 (resized).jpgvolcano2 (resized).jpgvolcano1 (resized).jpgvolcano1 (resized).jpgvolcano3 (resized).jpgvolcano3 (resized).jpg
    #85 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:

I did bring beat the clock last year, and pretty much nobody played it

I played it! haha, I'd love to see attila, tag team and trident.

Quoted from Tsskinne:

A mostly restored Harlem will be coming this year along with a Flash Gordon if it can be finished in time.
    Maybe even a Dragonfist and/or Split Second.
    That should satisfy some taste for the really nice and the really rare.

Yes please to the Dragonfist and Split Second!

#86 5 years ago

you know I got a special game I bought last summer, havent even put the head back on yet. Sent the boards to be inspected first .. pretty rare I think, game had been sitting for a while.. story was it came from one of the designers/owners or Sega.. who he said helped design the game.. which I didn't really buy.. but.. they he had a 2nd brand new populated playfield with it, that had markings underneath like the prototype. Who can guess the game.. ??

middle (resized).jpgmiddle (resized).jpgmiddle1 (resized).jpgmiddle1 (resized).jpg
    #87 5 years ago

Um, does the name of the photo file mean anything?

#88 5 years ago

I played the prototype at an Aladdin's Castle arcade.

#89 5 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Looking to trade 1981 Gottlieb Volcano I can bring to the show. Very clean machine working 100%, nice backglasses and playfield. Numbers-matching boardset and the original DataSentry did not leak at all (see below), I've added a few pictures of the machine now.
    I am interested in a solid-state machine from 77-84, looking for a non-widebody machine. Galaxy, Meteor, Alien Poker, Blackout and Nitro Ground Shaker come to mind. But please feel free to let me know what you have. Thanks.

I took and uploaded some pictures of the machine tonight, here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y4CMDCaPCP2h-4YvelzSQoJz3KvT19Iz

#90 5 years ago

I am planning on bringing Royal Rumble and Bally's Strikes and Spares.

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from galaxian:

I am planning on bringing Royal Rumble and Bally's Strikes and Spares.

Alright!! Two games, and another classic Bally to add to the list. Thank you

#92 5 years ago

I also have a HUO Simposons Party Pinball FORSALE that I can bring to PATZ. Unfortunately to keep its HUO luster it won't be available for freeplay.

#93 5 years ago

Here are the confirmed vendors so far. We have more that should be happening, but not confirmed yet.

Pinball Life
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Xaver (Barrel Arcades)
    Pinball Refinery
    John Dayhuff
    Ulek Store
    Great Lakes Pinball
    Project Pinball
    Mr. Soda Pop

#94 5 years ago

Ryan Claytor is also confirmed!

#95 5 years ago

I'll plan on bringing my Millipede Cocktail (sale/auction) and for people to play. Hey @pmwolf, still want that PinLifter? I can bring it to the show (for general use) and you can bring it home on Saturday.

#96 5 years ago

Current Plan is to bring Joker Poker for play, Championship sprint for play, and a wonderboy for play/sale/auction. If all works the way it should.

#97 5 years ago

Just over a month away, can't wait!

#98 5 years ago

If things work out, I'm planning on bringing down an IJ for free play.

#99 5 years ago

I plan on bringing a very clean Gottlieb Target Alpha.

#100 5 years ago

I'm going to try and bring a Gottlieb Big House

There are 550 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/patz-2019-official-pinball-at-the-zoo-thread-april-25-26-27/page/2?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.