Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 550 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SternDriver_Before (resized).jpg
    SternDriver_After (resized).jpg
    e6da4a8904b35ccf37b546226f949fa0 (resized).jpg
    524F2141-D2C4-4817-8494-F956B91E887B.jpeg
    IMG_2602 (resized).JPEG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Best In Show (resized).jpg
    Bally Row Back (resized).jpg
    Bally Row Front (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190428-122458_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20170422_123646 (resized).jpg
    20190428_101003 (resized).jpg
    20190428_100725 (resized).jpg
    E0892AFF-E8F2-448A-98AB-66510DF551E0 (resized).jpeg
    IMAG1387 (resized).jpg
    There are 550 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
    #451 4 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

Dayhuff is better than many licenced auctioneers...

I love that he includes himself in the bidding. I was laughing my ass off when he warned everyone, ”Don’t trust your auctioneer!”

#452 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyThom:

Loading up Robo War right now! Excited to add it to all the Gottlieb goodness that's already there!

had fun playing that and thx for having the volume turned up loud. At so many shows/tourneys i cant stand when game volume is quiet. bring on the sound!.
    sound makes the game.

#453 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

WOW, what a great show!! In the last twenty years I've seen them all but this had to be the best one by far, not sure why that was, if it had anything to do with it being the 20th show or not but never the less it was AWESOME. Thanks to everyone that put so much time and effort into making it a great show and I hope that it continues to grow even more in the years to come. Thanks to everyone for spending some cash in my booth, it's much appreciated. Special thanks goes out to Ken, Marcus, Matt, Ron, Phil and my wife SuAnn for helping me do the 10th annual SaturDayhuff Auction, you guys are the BEST!!
    John

John because younger people are buying pins, operating pins and getting into the hobby. They still have young bodies that don't mind hauling games to shows and are newer to the scene
    they are pimping em out and having fun with them.
    its really nice to see. i still cant get over how many super nice classic ballys were in that lineup.
    also cool that josh and his moped club brought their mopeds. that was super cool. i had a few back in the day.
    laid back show with laid back people who run things and this auctioneer guy that is like awesome.
    lots of positives!

#455 4 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

I think this years show was the best since I can remember. I have been attending and vending since 05. The bally row was AWESOME, and cletus's F14 was even better than I expected. This was a perfect example of making lemon-aid out of OCD! jk.
    Dayhuff is better than many licenced auctioneers, and I think folks appreciate how much they save without any fees and taxes. I am still pissed I didnt stick with that Bally playboy, but I didnt save before the show.
    I want to thank the fella who bought my pf (only sale of the weekend) I am so bad with names. I have known him by face for a decade.
    Thanks Kevin for helping me out, and thanks Chris Rock for everything. My Girl adrianna helped me with load in and out, plus food, so she wont see this but thanks to her also. Here"s to next year!

I looked for the WOZ playfield. Didn't see it. My wife wants me to save for WONKA instead, but I could have been tempted and got in trouble if I would have seen it. Keep up the good work on those.

#456 4 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

had fun playing that and thx for having the volume turned up loud. At so many shows/tourneys i cant stand when game volume is quiet. bring on the sound!.
    sound makes the game.

You're super welcome! When a game's sound is that sweet, ya gotta crank it up! Unfortunately the sound crapped out late Friday and was hit or miss on Saturday. Looks like I have some work to do, but it was well worth it to share the game with people who appreciated it.

PATZ is a hoot. Next year's show can't come soon enough.

#457 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyThom:

PATZ is a hoot. Next year's show can't come soon enough.

Maybe we can talk Alex into a Fall show as well??

John

#458 4 years ago

Great show. My son and I bring games and it's an easy load in and out. Fun to see the regulars and meet some new people. Amazing number of brand new games this year. Five or 6 Black Knights! We come Friday morning and stay to the end Saturday. We learned years ago that the auction is not to be missed. Thanks John! Guess I was Ron's only playfield sale??!! Weird. We had 5 games in that Classic Bally lineup. I received lots of comments about the Mata Hari with the Hardtop. That Hardtop was the prototype. The rougher Harlem Globetrotters was mine. It did pretty well considering 3 weeks ago it was in the project pile. Sold it even. I think there was an exceptional number of games sold this year. Our personal challenge bringing games is to have them run the entire show. Didn't do too bad. Thanks to Alex and Kevin for all their preparation and hours.

#459 4 years ago

Posted this in last years thread - whoops.

I've got to say that I think this was the best one yet - thanks to all involved. Special shoot out to Prison City Pinball League for spare rubber and installation on IJ, Dayhuff for hooking me up with a needed rubber, Dane for talking me into bringing IJ, Matt for helping support the machine while I got the legs on it, Rock for keeping an eye on the machine, Mr SodaPop for being the key master, Schudel for the great after party and all those that brought games.

Looking forward to next year.

#460 4 years ago

Wow. What a turn out for this year's show. Thank you to everyone that came out. Thank you to Alex & Kevin for putting on a great event. Thank you to all the vendors. Thank you to John Dayhuff (and crew) for running the auction. Thank you to everyone that brought a game to share.

And a great big THANK YOU to everyone that brought a game for the Bally Row. We ended up with 21 games (19 unique titles)! It was great to have all these games together at one time & place.

Bally Row Front (resized).jpgBally Row Front (resized).jpgBally Row Back (resized).jpgBally Row Back (resized).jpg

And thank you to everyone for the nice comments on my Centaur. It felt good to be recognized with Best of Show. This is the second year in a row I've received this award, and it means a lot. Thank you!
    Best In Show (resized).jpgBest In Show (resized).jpg

#461 4 years ago

This is the first year I was able to attend the show. Everyone involved did a fantastic job and I appreciate all the work to put it together. From the organizers, vendors, and those that brought out their games for everyone to enjoy. Thank you!!

There was a great variety of games at the show and I was pleasantly surprised to see my old Blackjack machine there and meet the new owners. It was running the custom code I wrote. That added a couple new tunes and changed the rules. One of the few games that will reduce your score if you mess up. Really makes that particular machine more interesting. Seeing how well people enjoyed the upgrade makes me want to see what I can do for other old Bally machines.

Having the vendors dragging out parts is awesome and I hope others bring extra spares next years. Already fixed a couple of the project boards from John Dayhuff, found a coinbox from another vendor, and some new parts from Pinball life.

Finally was able to try out a Robowars machine and found out that a friend was the owner. Didn't even know he had any games until the show. It was a fun way to reconnect.

Definitely looking forward to next year.

Robert

#462 4 years ago
    Quoted from Robotworkshop:

One of the few games that will reduce your score if you mess up.

I loved that feature on that Blackjack!! That made that game extra fun to play.

#463 4 years ago

I heard 2 guys comparing patz to mgc and both of them agreed this years patz was the better show.everyone involved should be proud!!!! I was glad to contribute for the first time and was awesome seeing so many people playing my Big House and I was loving playing the other Gottliebs I've never seen before.it's hard for me to find games I haven't played before and patz had about 10 of them this year.

#464 4 years ago

Great show, probably the best it has ever been. Great games, Black Knights, Pro, and the premium. 2 Munsters, as well as all the other great games, the GNR was fantastic and very deserving of the award it won. Big shout out to Kevin, Alex and all of their Crew. Can't wait until next year. Also big shout out to all the vendors, thanks.

#465 4 years ago

Best PATZ ever. This show seems to be gaining traction.
    See you all next year!
    Terry.

#466 4 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I heard 2 guys comparing patz to mgc and both of them agreed this years patz was the better show.everyone involved should be proud!!!! I was glad to contribute for the first time and was awesome seeing so many people playing my Big House and I was loving playing the other Gottliebs I've never seen before.it's hard for me to find games I haven't played before and patz had about 10 of them this year.

MGC featured a larger quantity of new games. There was a decent number of games that people brought, but I feel like PATZ had more unique titles. Also, the machines at PATZ were of better quality and almost every game was turned on and in good working order.

Also, MGC didn’t have that sweet Bally row.

Plus, I brought a game for the first time ever to PATZ. Sharing a game that you’re proud of makes the show so much better. I can’t recommend the experience enough.

#467 4 years ago

Man. Looks like I missed a great show anyone happen to catch the price on that Medusa? Just curious...

#468 4 years ago

A big thanks to John Dayhuff and Dave Sorenson for being vendors at all 20 PATZ shows.... KK

#469 4 years ago
    Quoted from klassicarcade:

A big thanks to John Dayhuff and Dave Sorenson for being vendors at all 20 PATZ shows.... KK

Shouldn't there be some kind of reward for that? LOL......

John

#470 4 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

Man. Looks like I missed a great show anyone happen to catch the price on that Medusa? Just curious...

I don't think it was for sale. Nice game. Glad it was there, along with the other Ballys.
    Thanks to everyone who brought games!

#471 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Shouldn't there be some kind of reward for that? LOL......

John

Best auctioneer out there !
    & I vote Ron for best auctioneer assistant

#472 4 years ago

I had a blast. I want to bring more games next year.

#473 4 years ago
    Quoted from cletus:

Plus, I brought a game for the first time ever to PATZ. Sharing a game that you’re proud of makes the show so much better. I can’t recommend the experience enough.

Man, that F-14 was amazing. You did a great job.

That was a contender for best of show. I wouldn’t have been surprised if it had won.

I can’t wait to see what you do next.

#474 4 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

It was sort of for sale, sorta. It's my wife's game. I was kinda hoping someone would offer crazy money, otherwise I have to restore it!

#475 4 years ago

This was our first time to PATZ, very impressed. We had a great time and will definitely be back in the future.

Spectrum will be there next year, total restoration with a repro playfield.

#476 4 years ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

This is the second year in a row I've received this award, and it means a lot.

Well deserved, Daane! Your games are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing them!!!

#477 4 years ago

Wow, what a show this year! I believe this was my 7th PATZ in a row and agree with what others have already stated it was the best it has been since I started attending. A Stern Pro Circuit tournament for those attendees who want competition, parts galore for your many projects you have at home for the collectors, and a variety of great machines on free play for the masses. Definitely the best game variety and machine performance I've seen there. Some great rare stuff, some brand new stuff, a few wonderful restorations, and even the Bally Row. It even seemed like almost every group that sponsored the show with a booth even brought a game to be played.

A huge thank you to AmericanPinball for showing up with both of their productions machines. Trent for delivering a bunch of black knights at the show, and to the new owners for sharing those games for the weekend. The fact that there were so many machines available made for short waits for anything you wanted to play, overall just a blast of a weekend.

My Harlem Globetrotters took home the best 1970s solid state and I was very honored. That machine has a pretty cool story as it was gifted to me by the parent of a kid who I coach in wrestling. He had it for a long time, and his wife wanted it out of their basement. He wanted it to go to a good home which I was very happy to oblige. I spent a lot of time last summer restoring the cabinet to probably better than new and stealing an idea from HEP in modifying the basketball to be orange instead of red like on the original. The playfield was already a NOS so I just added a playfield protector for both protection and to counteract the cupped inserts. That kid went on this year to make the state finals as an individual, and win a match that clinched the team state title for our team. I let them know about how the game did this weekend and they were both very excited about it as well. I didn't take that machine expecting anything other than for people to enjoy it as it was my first attempt at a cabinet restoration and when I look at it often times all I can see are things I could have done better, but thanks for still seeing it as beautiful.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I think the Bally Row that djblouw and I worked on was a big success and if people want it back for next year I'm happy to help organize it again. Additionally, with djblouw and his Centaur, and cletus with his F-14 I was just blown away by the high-quality restorations people brought to share. As cletus said seeing people enjoy these machines we put a ton of love and work into really makes it worthwhile. With that being said though...I'm coming for that title of Best in Show for next year and the candidate just got delivered last night. So I hope some of you bring some competition as I think it is fun for us and great for the show overall! IMG_2602 (resized).JPEGIMG_2602 (resized).JPEG

See everyone next year!

#478 4 years ago

Very great show! Best one yet, as has been stated. I believe in the Bally row coming back every year and just growing in size!

#479 4 years ago

So what games won which awards? Lets put a list together of all games and vendors that got awarded.

John

#480 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

So what games won which awards? Lets put a list together of all games and vendors that got awarded.
    John

524F2141-D2C4-4817-8494-F956B91E887B.jpeg524F2141-D2C4-4817-8494-F956B91E887B.jpeg
    #481 4 years ago

When are the awards voted on and handed out? I was there all three days and had zero awareness of it. Granted, I'm a nimrod. Also FWIW I can't understand one word spoken over the loudspeaker.

#482 4 years ago

I heard muffled loudspeakers asking for the owner of certsin(t) games on Saturday so I assume they were doing them then.

#483 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

When are the awards voted on and handed out? I was there all three days and had zero awareness of it. Granted, I'm a nimrod. Also FWIW I can't understand one word spoken over the loudspeaker.

Yeah I think it was like 2-3PM approximately on Saturday.

#484 4 years ago

was there a voting system that i could have taken part of?

#485 4 years ago
    Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

was there a voting system that i could have taken part of?

There is not a voting system, there is a committee of people put together by Kevin and I that choose the awards. The choices this year were extremely hard... thank you to all who brought great games. I can’t wait to see what you all bring next year!!!!

Best in Show- Centaur- Daane Blouw
    Modern- Deadpool- Steve Groothuis
    90’s- Guns N Roses-Josh Mitoska
    80’s- F-14 Tomcat-Clint Wright
    70’s SS- Harlem Globetrotters- Tommy Skinner
    EM- Suspense- Neil Murphy

#486 4 years ago

that Centaur was out of this world...

#487 4 years ago

I have to agree that this years PATZ was the best. Kudo's to all involved and to those that brought in games.

#488 4 years ago
    Quoted from harmon1728:

#489 4 years ago
    Quoted from harmon1728:

There is not a voting system, there is a committee of people put together by Kevin and I that choose the awards. The choices this year were extremely hard... thank you to all who brought great games. I can’t wait to see what you all bring next year!!!!

Why is there no on-going compiled list (maybe a section for it on this site) for EVERY annual show's award-winning machines? Ideally, it would include a few pictures of the machines. A lot of collectors rag on the newbies colorbombing their games or "decorating" games the "wrong" way--why not have a section to point to for nice examples of games as voted on by a group of fellow collectors?

#490 4 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Why is there no on-going compiled list (maybe a section for it on this site) for EVERY annual show's award-winning machines? Ideally, it would include a few pictures of the machines. A lot of collectors rag on the newbies colorbombing their games or "decorating" games the "wrong" way--why not have a section to point to for nice examples of games as voted on by a group of fellow collectors?

There used to be one on the PATZ website that went back many years, or perhaps it was tournament high scores, or both? I can't remember......but I see it's gone. Alex, Kevin ??

John

#491 4 years ago

Maybe consider a "fan vote award" separate from the other awards. Everyone gets one vote with their wristband. just a thought.

#492 4 years ago

This was the best show PATZ has put on since I started coming several years ago. The reason it was so great was the larger number of pinball community members that did their part to help make the show great.

PATZ is my favorite show in Michigan and the only one I support. Here's to the next 20 years

e6da4a8904b35ccf37b546226f949fa0 (resized).jpge6da4a8904b35ccf37b546226f949fa0 (resized).jpg
    #493 4 years ago

How can Patz be your 'favorite' show in michigan, if you don't go to any other michigan shows???
    it's not like there's a ton of them in michigan either. go to ALL of them (a whole *two* shows.)
    we go to them all, they are all pinball shows. meaning there's pinball at them. how could it be bad?

#494 4 years ago

Man, that was quick.

#495 4 years ago

Speaking of other pinball shows in Michigan... what happened to the Michigan Pinball Expo?

#496 4 years ago
    Quoted from cletus:

Speaking of other pinball shows in Michigan... what happened to the Michigan Pinball Expo?

Been gone for a few years now

#497 4 years ago

He had too many kids and it was retired

#498 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

He had too many kids and it was retired

Kids are good for that.

#499 4 years ago
    Quoted from crlush:

Been gone for a few years now

Bring 'er back!

#500 4 years ago

www.mipinball.com website indicates there is a 2019 show....

There are 550 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/patz-2019-official-pinball-at-the-zoo-thread-april-25-26-27/page/10?hl=zarklin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.