Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 550 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SternDriver_Before (resized).jpg
    SternDriver_After (resized).jpg
    e6da4a8904b35ccf37b546226f949fa0 (resized).jpg
    524F2141-D2C4-4817-8494-F956B91E887B.jpeg
    IMG_2602 (resized).JPEG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Best In Show (resized).jpg
    Bally Row Back (resized).jpg
    Bally Row Front (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190428-122458_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20170422_123646 (resized).jpg
    20190428_101003 (resized).jpg
    20190428_100725 (resized).jpg
    E0892AFF-E8F2-448A-98AB-66510DF551E0 (resized).jpeg
    IMAG1387 (resized).jpg
    There are 550 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
    #1 5 years ago

Hello everyone! As we get closer to show time, I felt it was time to have an official thread. I know I'm excited for the show!

2:00 PM Thursday - 10:00 PM Thursday
    1:00 PM Friday - 10:00 PM Friday
    9:00 AM Saturday - 6:00 PM Saturday

Adults $15.00 per day
    Kids 5-13 $8.00 per day
    Kids 4 and under Free

We can always use more games! Whether its pinball or arcade games. This show runs on the kindness of the community in bringing games. I've heard some pretty cool rumors on games so far... Feel free to post on here what games you are bringing!

We will have most of the same show as previous years. Still finalizing some details and when they get finalized I will post on here.

We have a website but it is currently under construction. www.pinballatthezoo.com.

We are also part of the Stern Pro Circuit this year!!! Very excited for this opportunity to show off our show to a whole new group of people!

#2 5 years ago

Bringing lots of stuff as usual, can't wait to see everyone again this year. Pretty sure it's the 20 annual ? Started in year 2000 so that's 20, right?

John

#3 5 years ago

Put me down for a booth Alex! Looking forward to this as always.

#4 5 years ago

Nice, I'll be there

#6 5 years ago

Hoping to be there!!

#7 5 years ago

Been there every year since... 2003? Wouldn't know what to do that weekend if I didn't go. Also: beer.

2 weeks later
    #8 5 years ago

Didn't get into Pinburgh? Well I have good news for you! Pinball at the Zoo never sells out and we have 4 IFPA sanctioned tournaments!!!! Head to our website to find out more. Plus, get your tickets early for a significant discount!

Pre sale tickets have gone on sale. Head to pinballatthezoo.com for more details. Feel free to ask any questions by PM or asking here.

Really looking forward to the show! Have some really cool in things happening this year!!

#9 5 years ago

Can’t wait! Favorite show of the year!

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from harmon1728:

Hello everyone! As we get closer to show time, I felt it was time to have an official thread. I know I'm excited for the show!
    2:00 PM Thursday - 10:00 PM Thursday
    1:00 PM Friday - 10:00 PM Friday
    9:00 AM Saturday - 6:00 PM Saturday
    Adults $15.00 per day
    Kids 5-13 $8.00 per day
    Kids 4 and under Free
    We can always use more games! Whether its pinball or arcade games. This show runs on the kindness of the community in bringing games. I've heard some pretty cool rumors on games so far... Feel free to post on here what games you are bringing!
    We will have most of the same show as previous years. Still finalizing some details and when they get finalized I will post on here.
    We have a website but it is currently under construction. www.pinballatthezoo.com.
    We are also part of the Stern Pro Circuit this year!!! Very excited for this opportunity to show off our show to a whole new group of people!

You may want to also add this to the "Events" section of pinside. Looking forward to the show!

#11 5 years ago

Already looking forward to this. Probably bringing Joker Poker, and Pac Cocktail. maybe a couple of vids to sell. Still deciding.

#12 5 years ago

So me and djblouw discussed last year how great it would be for PATZ to have something a bit unique as far as the freeplay lineup goes for the show this year. In years past I know Texas Pinball Festival has had a classic stern area, as has the VFW show.

We figured we should have a Classic Bally row, looking for the latest and greatest of the Bally Solid State Era to be placed side by side in a glorious reunification effort!

If anyone is interested in joining us in this project please feel free to reach out. I will try to maintain a list of what we have committed to come at this point.

PATZ CLASSIC BALLY ROW

djblouw = Centaur (full restoration)
    Tsskinne = Harlem Globetrotters (cabinet restoration and NOS playfield with protector on it) & Flash Gordon with Hardtop if completed in time with help from mjalexan
    mjalexan = possibly Medua (incredibly conditioned original)

#13 5 years ago

Yes, I'll be bringing my recently restored BLACKED OUT Centaur to PATZ for the Classic Bally row.

I can't wait for this show. It's always a great time.

After (resized).jpgAfter (resized).jpg

Also working on logistics to get a second game to the show, and possibly a third. But not everything is worked out yet, so I can't commit those games until then.

#14 5 years ago

Now that centaur is one cool looking game, post some of the side shots lease. Since I've started coaching spring sports, 5 years ago, I've kind of miss going to these events. Always fun catching up with people. Todd

#15 5 years ago

I cant wait to play this Blackout Centaur. What a great looking game!

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

Now that centaur is one cool looking game, post some of the side shots lease. Since I've started coaching spring sports, 5 years ago, I've kind of miss going to these events. Always fun catching up with people. Todd

I put a couple pictures in the Centaur owners thread. But if you want to see the entire thing you'll have to make it to PATZ!

Quoted from nerbflong:

I cant wait to play this Blackout Centaur. What a great looking game!

Thanks!

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

Yes, I'll be bringing my recently restored BLACKED OUT Centaur to PATZ for the Classic Bally row.
    I can't wait for this show. It's always a great time.
    [quoted image]
    Also working on logistics to get a second game to the show, and possibly a third. But not everything is worked out yet, so I can't commit those games until then.

Wow, she looks great. Can't wait to see it in person.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

So me and djblouw discussed last year how great it would be for PATZ to have something a bit unique as far as the freeplay lineup goes for the show this year. In years past I know Texas Pinball Festival has had a classic stern area, as has the VFW show.
    We figured we should have a Classic Bally row, looking for the latest and greatest of the Bally Solid State Era to be placed side by side in a glorious reunification effort!
    If anyone is interested in joining us in this project please feel free to reach out. I will try to maintain a list of what we have committed to come at this point.
    PATZ CLASSIC BALLY ROW
    tsskinne = Harlem Globetrotters (cabinet restoration and NOS playfield with protector on it) & Flash Gordon with Hardtop if completed in time with help from mjalexan

It's been kinda quiet on the Classic Bally Row. So here's a list of games we're looking for. If you have one, please consider bringing it.

Night Rider-- ULEKstore
    Evel Knievel
    Eight Ball
    Bobby Orr's Power Play
    Mata Hari-- 64bsstp
    Black Jack-- ULEKstore
    Strikes and spares-- galaxian
    Lost World
    Six Million Dollar Man
    Playboy-- TallGuy
    Supersonic
    Star Trek-- polyacanthus
    Paragon-- 64bsstp
    KISS
    Harlem Globetrotters-- Tsskinne
    Dolly Parton
    Future Spa
    Nitro Ground Shaker-- KevinD
    Silverball Mania-- garman411 Digimatt (possibly)
    Space Invaders
    Rolling Stones
    Mystic
    Viking-- Tsskinne
    Hotdoggin
    Skateball
    Frontier
    Xenon
    Flash Gordon-- 64bsstp Tsskinne
    Eight Ball Deluxe
    Fireball II
    Embryon
    Fathom
    Medusa-- mjalexan
    Centaur-- djblouw
    Elektra
    Vector
    Mr & Mrs Pac-man
    Spectrum
    Speakeasy-- amkoepfer
    Baby Pac-man
    BMX

Of course, any other games are welcome, but it'd be great to have a strong showing of the classic Bally's for this year's show.

#19 5 years ago

How about a trophy for this years best Vendor Booth?

John

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

John

Another Item to store n sell, brilliant!

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Another Item to store n sell, brilliant!

Not sure what you mean Todd?

John

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

John

Don’t give away all my secrets John...

#23 5 years ago

I have a speakeasy, but not sure on its reliability and not sure if i can make it the whole time. Ill try though!

#24 5 years ago

I have a Silverball Mania I’ll consider bringing to the classic Bally row. Depends on my schedule.

#25 5 years ago

I was considering bringing something different this year, but I can bring my Nitro Ground Shaker again.

#26 5 years ago

ID kinda like to have a cocktail pin in the collection, anybody have anything they would want to sell and bring to PATZ?

#27 5 years ago

I have a WWF Royal Rumble for sale if anyone's interested?

John

#28 5 years ago

Everyone, even if you can only come for a day we’d love to have your games. We have no strict rules on games moving in and out. This is a very laid back show. Let’s have some fun!

Feel free to PM me or post on here with any questions you may have.

#29 5 years ago

Not pinball related, but looking for a Marble Madness or dedicated Jr. Pac-Man, projects welcome.

Also looking for a CPR Gold High Speed playfield

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

I have a speakeasy, but not sure on its reliability and not sure if i can make it the whole time. Ill try though!

Sweet! Bring it. I think its been a while since a Speakeasy showed up at PATZ. Even if you can only make it for a day, please bring it.

Quoted from Digimatt:

I have a Silverball Mania I’ll consider bringing to the classic Bally row. Depends on my schedule.

Great. Let's hope your schedule works out. Keep us updated.

Quoted from KevinD:

I was considering bringing something different this year, but I can bring my Nitro Ground Shaker again.

I always enjoy playing NGS. It would be great if it could make it back this year to join "The Row"

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

I have a WWF Royal Rumble for sale if anyone's interested?
    John

WWFRR is a super underrated game. 9-10 modes, multiple hurry ups, 3 multiballs, metal ramp, plastic ramp, wireforms, vuk, diverters, upper playfield, 7 drop targets, a captive ball, and one of the greatest themes ever! I'm sure someone will grab this.

Get those games ready for Bally Row as well! Working on some great ideas for those who join "The Row".

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

WWFRR is a super underrated game. 9-10 modes, multiple hurry ups, 3 multiballs, metal ramp, plastic ramp, wireforms, vuk, diverters, upper playfield, 7 drop targets, a captive ball, and one of the greatest themes ever! I'm sure someone will grab this.
    Get those games ready for Bally Row as well! Working on some great ideas for those who join "The Row".

I wish I had a classic bally to bring to the row, but can't wait to play some.

#33 5 years ago

If someone were to buy out my entire booth of parts at the Ohio show and I had nothing as far as parts to bring to PATZ, I'll bring all my classic Bally's and Sterns for everyone to play. Surely someone out there in Ohio land needs a lifetime parts supply in one huge deal...?

John

IMG_0121 (resized).JPGIMG_0121 (resized).JPG
    #34 5 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

I have a speakeasy, but not sure on its reliability

The Little Bally That Could.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:So me and djblouw discussed last year how great it would be for PATZ to have something a bit unique as far as the freeplay lineup goes for the show this year. In years past I know Texas Pinball Festival has had a classic stern area, as has the VFW show.
    PATZ CLASSIC BALLY ROW
    tsskinne = Harlem Globetrotters (cabinet restoration and NOS playfield with protector on it) & Flash Gordon with Hardtop if completed in time with help from mjalexan

Leeann and I plan on bringing Night Rider (SS) and a Black Jack (SS)

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from ULEKstore:

HELL YEAH!

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:

ID kinda like to have a cocktail pin in the collection, anybody have anything they would want to sell and bring to PATZ?

I might be willing to sell my night moves or spectra 4

#38 5 years ago

I like that Night Moves that’s there every year. Someday I’ll pick up one.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from ULEKstore:

Alright! 2 more for "The Row"

I've added NR to the list, and signed you up for both. Thanks for bringing them

#40 5 years ago

I'll be attending PATZ with a booth and some of my customized machines on "free play". These titles might change, but I am planning on bring these customized machines.

Munsters Pro
    Deadpool Pro
    Metallica Pro
    Iron Maiden Pro

I will have lots of deals on new Stern parts that have been removed from the machines when I did the upgrades. I also have a few NIB machines (Metallica Pro and Iron Maiden Pro) that I can bring/sell at the show.

More details to come as we get closer to PATZ.

Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

10863a7ff368889e95945f88ce65db8f3ae6fe32 (resized).jpg10863a7ff368889e95945f88ce65db8f3ae6fe32 (resized).jpg20180726_163314 (resized).jpg20180726_163314 (resized).jpg20190222_131342 (resized).jpg20190222_131342 (resized).jpg
    #41 5 years ago

Thinking about actually bringing a game out this year. Probably my DE Star Wars, not a beauty queen but fun, has the unofficial code 1.07. Debated bringing an em too but gotta leave room incase I get to bring something new home.....

#42 5 years ago

How is saturday at this show? Everyone packing up or still a lit of people and venders and games there?

#43 5 years ago

Free entry with a game? Im going to try to bring my oldest on saturday, and as long as speakeasy will behave i will bring it. It will also possibly be for sale. I also have a zacc soccer kings light project i could bring if anyone is interested but soccer king wont be set up since its still a project. Will be looking for a sw premium too, if speakeasy and soccer kings go

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

How is saturday at this show? Everyone packing up or still a lit of people and venders and games there?

Saturday is usually our best day. People have historically been solid about sticking around. One of the perks of the show ending on Saturday rather than Sunday.

And yes, free entry with a game! We’d love to have it.

#45 5 years ago

Is the saturdayhuff auction happening?

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

It's been kinda quiet on the Classic Bally Row. So here's a list of games we're looking for. If you have one, please consider bringing it.
    Night Rider-- ulekstore
    Evel Knievel
    Bobby Orr's Power Play
    Mata Hari
    Black Jack-- ulekstore
    Strikes and spares
    Lost World
    Six Million Dollar Man
    Playboy
    Supersonic
    Star Trek
    Paragon
    KISS
    Harlem Globetrotters-- tsskinne
    Dolly Parton
    Future Spa
    Nitro Ground Shaker-- kevind
    Silverball Mania-- digimatt (possibly)
    Space Invaders
    Rolling Stones
    Mystic
    Viking
    Hotdoggin
    Skateball
    Frontier
    Xenon
    Flash Gordon
    Eight Ball Deluxe
    Fireball II
    Embryon
    Fathom
    Medusa-- mjalexan
    Centaur-- djblouw
    Elektra
    Vector
    Mr & Mrs Pack-man
    Spectrum
    Speakeasy-- amkoepfer (possibly)
    Baby Pac-man
    BMX
    Of course, any other games are welcome, but it'd be great to have a strong showing of the classic Bally's for this year's show.

I'm planning on bringing my slilverball mania.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Is the saturdayhuff auction happening?

YES. John has committed to running it!!

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from garman411:

I'm planning on bringing my slilverball mania.

Great news! I'll update the list.

#49 5 years ago

Should be there on saturday and planning on bringing my speakeasy. It will be for sale as well, very nice with lots of new parts. Replacing the power board to help out with reliability. Any kids tournaments?

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Should be there on saturday and planning on bringing my speakeasy. It will be for sale as well, very nice with lots of new parts. Replacing the power board to help out with reliability. Any kids tournaments?

Unfortunately no kids tournament. We used to run them and struggled to get much participation.

There are 550 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/patz-2019-official-pinball-at-the-zoo-thread-april-25-26-27/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.