Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 345 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by AaronJames
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7382 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3803 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3847 (resized).JPG
    Duster kzoo (resized).jpg
    patz_vs_stamps.png
    IMG_1042 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1020 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2273 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2272 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2271 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2270 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2269 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2268 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2267 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2266 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2265 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insane.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 7 years ago

Super excited... Plan on bringing my Multi Pac Cocktail, and will bring Joker Poker, again. Hopefully this year it makes it through the weekend, or first day...

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

If at first you don't succeed, get pissed off, swear, throw things, and try again.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. I have done all 4. whats next....

4 weeks later
    #64 7 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

I've been prepping my website to host the live scoring for the PATZ youth tournament. For testing purposes, everyone who has contributed to this thread is currently listed as a player in the tourney!
    If you would like to see your scores visit the website http://tdamusements.weebly.com/patz-youth-tourney.html

Play on!

WooHoo, maybe i'll score higher here than I have in the real tourney....

1 week later
    #87 7 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

Things I love about April:
    -freaking my wife out about something untrue on April fools day
    -NCAA final four
    -tax returns
    -better weather
    -catching up with friends at PATZ!!!!
    This year's April Fools freakout:
    Background: My kids have been out of school sick a lot this year, plus we had them out the first week because we were on vacation.
    The ruse: I'm mailing an official truancy notice "from the State of Michigan" which will be alerting us that social services has been contacted and needs to determine if we are unfit parents. The mandatory meeting will be scheduled for April 6 and if we don't show a warrant will be issued for our arrest and our children placed into foster care (April 6 is spring break and we will be on vacation)
    Anyone else doing anything for April fools? I want to read some good ones.

That is definitely evil. Love it.

#90 6 years ago

I have 2 pieces of Translight glass 36x25 that I had extra for a Pinbot. if anyone is needing, let me know. How about $20. each. I will bring to the zoo.

2 weeks later
    #194 6 years ago
    Quoted from marcand:

A week from right now, I know I will be DEAD tired from 3 days of PATZ, but I am looking forward to what comes into my basement.
    I am bringing: Neo Geo 4-slot (yeah, it's a vid, but I need room for more pins) and my F14 Tomcat.
    I'll have photos from all 3 days to post here each night and results from Saturday's auction.
    See you all in UNDER A WEEK!

CAN'T WAIT...

#201 6 years ago

Kind of off topic, I have a Yamaha CR-820 and some Boston A150 speakers I was trying to sell, if anyone is interested. The speakers need resealed. The receiver is beautiful. lights work. There is a small, probably cigarette burn on the top, maybe 1/4" dia spot. I have the box and the manual for the receiver. Unfortunately I accidently threw out the styrophone packing. I'd like $250.00 for all. If interested, shoot me a PM for more information. I can bring to PATZ any of the days.

Also still have the translight glass 36 x 25, fits Pinbot for sure. Asking $20 ea. if anyone is interested. let me know.

#206 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tlamb:

Any LED vendors going to be at PATZ this year with kits? I have purchased from Cointaker in the past, anyone have alternative suggestions? Thanks!

Pinball life might be coming, and if so, he will bring your order with him. You could check with them.

#263 6 years ago

Great pics BC and Underspin. It was great meeting new people and playing some great games. Can't wait til 1 to play more. BC, we gotta play that Alien, when you can finish your turn and not run off to take pics...

#278 6 years ago
    Quoted from attitude05:

Is anyone bringing any Stern mods to sell?

Ulekstore is also there, and had a few things for stern's from what i saw.

#290 6 years ago

First off, i want to thank Kevin and his awesome crew for putting on another great show, and for all the hard work they've put in. I would also like to thank Dayhuff and all of his Auction Helpers, Marcus, Matt, His wonderful wife SuAnn, and anyone else i might have missed. Also Big thanks to all the people who brought games for us to play, to Abel for bringing Dialed In, and Hobbit, and Tilt for Aerosmith and the other games they brought. Awesome games. Also thanks to the Great crew that handled the tournament. I also personally want to thank everyone for their kind words for my on my Joker Poker, that FiNALLY made it through the weekend, it only had 1 minor issue, i blew the fuse for the coils. Only down for a short time, then right back up. It had over 300 plays on it. Also thanks to the other Vendors, Mr Soda Pop, Pinball Life, Dayhuff, and the others that i don't know by name. I also just want to say, i had a great time, playing a ton of games, and for all the people that i met this weekend. Also the people i have met in the past years, that i was able to catch up with. Can't wait to see you all soon.
    Oh, 1 last thing, congrats to the winners of the Show awards, very deserving all of you, and Congrats to the tournament winners.

#323 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Sorry was typing while driving last night so had a short reply. The tongue from the Alien mech is currently disabled as the board is being redesigned that controls it. As it was explained to me by heighway it was essentially too sensitive and the tongue mech was coming out at times when it shouldn't risking ball strikes and damaging the mechanism so for right now mine is unplugged as I await the full production replacement board. The targets below the xenomorph head require 8 strikes to start that multiball mode which is called Ambush, after that last strike the magnet will still grab and hold the ball very similar to Sparky on Metallica, the GI goes dark and then you get a radar screen that pops up on the displays telling you what direction they are attacking from and what shots you need to hit. The jackpot shots during this multiball are varied in color as I believe the colors may coordinate to the distance the attackers are from you, but I can't confirm that.
    Each of the games 4 multiballs are started in unique ways.
    -Ambush by bashing the Xenomorph
    -Hypersleep by completing the drop targets on lower right, and then locking balls at the upper left ramp.
    -Sentry Gun (the easiest to start, and the only one you can stack with another multiball) by collecting 1000 ammo (ammo is gained 1x per switch hit, and more for different shots on the playfield, more difficult shot = more ammo)
    -Save Newt by completing 3 life cycles.....egg, facehugger, chest buster, xenomorph....so orbits, followed by vent, followed by the hardest one the chest buster which is just to the right of the right ramp, and then the xeno morph targets.....12 shots to start the multiball. I have only done it 3 times so far, but from what I understand it is worth attempting to build towards this one first as it increases the values of shots and modes for each life cycle completion.
    All film modes, Alien or Aliens, are started by left inlane and right inlane to qualify mode start at rear scoop. Start mode, check out LCD screen and shoot corresponding shots. Find Jonesy has been the hardest for me because it is basically a trap up mode, wait for an orange shot and then hit it, and typically I don't trap up a lot while I play. My favorite mode is drop ship, requires shooting the stand up targets to load your ship and then ramps to progress and eventually scoop to finish.
    Also I have noticed that not many people have caught on to the fact that as you earn weapons....(I believe again by shooting the standups during regular play, but I'm not positive) they light the launch button to activate a "power up" of some sort...things like increase bonus multiplier, double scoring, ball save, 2 xenomorph hits, gives needed shot, etc....Some of those can be very helpful and essentially serve as a ball save if you have a multiball ready to go or something like that.
    Anyway I hope that helps for the next time you come across an Alien machine.

Thanks for bringing this, it was fun. I'm not the guy who can find all the modes, at least not the first couple of times. The game is beautiful, and I had a great time playing it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insane.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/patz-2017-official-pinball-at-the-zoo-thread-april-20-21-22?tu=Insane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.