Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 345 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by AaronJames
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7382 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3803 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3847 (resized).JPG
    Duster kzoo (resized).jpg
    patz_vs_stamps.png
    IMG_1042 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1020 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2273 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2272 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2271 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2270 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2269 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2268 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2267 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2266 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2265 (resized).JPG
    There are 345 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 7 years ago

Greetings!

Kevin asked me to start the thread for Pinball at the Zoo (PATZ)! I am lucky to live close to Kalamazoo, Michigan for a great weekend of classic gaming!

Get lots of info here:

http://www.pinballatthezoo.com

But here are the highlights:

HOURS
    2:00 PM Thursday - 10:00 PM Thursday
    1:00 PM Friday - 10:00 PM Friday
    9:00 AM Saturday - 6:00 PM Saturday

COST
    Adults $15.00 per day
    Kids 5-13 $8.00 per day
    Kids 4 and under Free

If you bring a game to put on the floor for others to play, you will get a free t-shirt that proudly proclaims that "I shared my game at Pinball at the Zoo" and you get a free soda from Mr. Soda Pop. (Shirts limited to first 50 people who share bring a video game or pinball machine)

There will be tournaments galore and you can find that info here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/352641538442084/

Thanks to Alex Harmon who does a great job!

Last, but not least, we will have the no-fee auction on Saturday afternoon starting at 3pm. There are always great deals to be had! With auction-master John Dayhuff at the microphone, it's a fun and exciting time to see what goes on sale and what goes home.

patz (resized).pngpatz (resized).png

patz_2017 (resized).jpgpatz_2017 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Looking forward to it but my back isn't.

#3 7 years ago

An Auction?? Ok, I guess I'll be there then......LOL.

This year the booth with be quite different. I got two words for you guys. Are you ready...? BOX LOT'S. Yes that's right, Box Lot's. Come the first of April I'll be reboxing almost everything into Box Lots and your going to buy the entire box instead of just a piece.....
    I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to do it yet but you get the idea. The plan is to sell, sell, sell........!!! I'm taking nothing home (we'll that's the plan anyways....LOL.) If the backglasses start flying out of the booth I'll bring more the next day and the next but I just can't bring or display them all at once in the booth as they take up so much space and there heavy and hard to transport. So the more glass you buy the more I'll be bring the next two days. Playfields will be marked down to there rock (get them out of here) bottom price. And the FREE table, we'll don't forget about the free table because we all know what that means...............FREEBIES !!

Please don't start asking about stuff now, I've got no plans or desire to start digging out that stuff before the Zoo show. BTW: These are picture from last year and some of this stuff is long gone.
    Thanks,
    John

IMG_0153 (resized).JPGIMG_0153 (resized).JPG

IMG_0178 (resized).JPGIMG_0178 (resized).JPG

IMG_0151 (resized).JPGIMG_0151 (resized).JPG

IMG_0185 (resized).JPGIMG_0185 (resized).JPG

IMG_0192 (resized).JPGIMG_0192 (resized).JPG

IMG_0179 (resized).JPGIMG_0179 (resized).JPG

IMG_0195 (resized).JPGIMG_0195 (resized).JPG

IMG_0210 (resized).JPGIMG_0210 (resized).JPG

PATZ 208 (resized).JPGPATZ 208 (resized).JPG

IMG_0181 (resized).JPGIMG_0181 (resized).JPG

IMG_0182 (resized).JPGIMG_0182 (resized).JPG

IMG_0187 (resized).JPGIMG_0187 (resized).JPG

IMG_0214 (resized).JPGIMG_0214 (resized).JPG

IMG_0216 (resized).JPGIMG_0216 (resized).JPG

IMG_0218 (resized).JPGIMG_0218 (resized).JPG

#4 7 years ago

Boom goes the dynamite. See you there

#5 7 years ago

Do we want to start a separate thread for what's being brought to the show or list them here? 2 months will go by quick and I'm looking forward to catching up with fellow pinheads,

#6 7 years ago

Excited for my favorite show of the year! Although it's slightly biased since I run the tournament...

We will be bringing 8 games for the tournament to go along with the games other people are bringing for the tournament. Remember, everyone who pays entry on Thursday and/or Friday gets two free tickets to the tournament to play some of the really cool and unique games being used.

Also, if anyone wants there game used for the main tournament, classics tournament or free daily tournament... let me know! In addition to getting free entry into the show you also get some free tournament tickets. Thanks guys and only two short months away....

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

If the backglasses start flying out of the booth I'll bring more the next day and the next but I just can't bring or display them all at once in the booth as they take up so much space and there heavy and hard to transport. So the more glass you buy the more I'll be bring the next two days. Thanks,
    John

John was thinking about your backglass statement. Would it be worth bringing a list of what you have the first day then if people want one on the list that you didn't have in the booth you could always then bring it the next day? Just a thought.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Newport-Bill:

John was thinking about your backglass statement. Would it be worth bringing a list of what you have the first day then if people want one on the list that you didn't have in the booth you could always then bring it the next day? Just a thought.

To add to that, I would love to help catalog what you have. Working together, we could make a nice spreadsheet or Google doc based on what you have, how much you want and what you want to bring. If you are game, we'll find some time after my kids go to bed and then we can get to work.

#9 7 years ago

Just updated the thread pic thanks to the fine work of Brad Czernik. Feel free to use that image to help spread the word. I will post a Craigslist ad as the date crawls near.

In response to an earlier question, how about we post about games coming to the show (or games you want to come to the show) here in this thread. That way, we can keep it all centralized. Now having said that, I am not against "Welcome to Club Michigan" or the "What's for Sale in MI" threads either since the more publicity the better!

#10 7 years ago

That's a great idea and I'll do a inventory just before the show. Thanks for the idea !!

John

#11 7 years ago

Just have John bring his games that will make it the best show ever

Quoted from marcand: In response to an earlier question, how about we post about games coming to the show (or games you want to come to the show)

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

That's a great idea and I'll do a inventory just before the show. Thanks for the idea !!

You should probably let me see the list before everyone else, you know, so I can review it for structure and readability.

#13 7 years ago

Machines I'm hoping to take to PATZ. List yours as well

Firepower: Main floor or possible "classics" tourney pin. Will most likely be for sale with an asking price of $1300

Walking Dead: Main floor or possible "modern" tourney pin. Not for sale unless someone offers stupid money for it.

Bally Knockout: Main floor. Will be for sale with an asking price of $500

Williams Blue Chip: Main floor or possible tourney pin (Kid's tourney). Not for sale unless someone offers stupid money for it.

#14 7 years ago

I will have Gottlieb Funland to share..

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

Not for sale unless someone offers stupid money for it.

Would that be Canadian or monopoly

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

Just have John bring his games that will make it the best show ever

Sniff, sniff.....you make me wanna cry.

John

#17 7 years ago

we should all ad items to the FREE table. see how crazy we can make it. would be fun.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

we should all ad items to the FREE table. see how crazy we can make it. would be fun.

Fill it up on Saturday ... I wont be there on Friday.

#19 7 years ago

Yep, I'll be there. Looking foward to it!

#20 7 years ago

Super excited... Plan on bringing my Multi Pac Cocktail, and will bring Joker Poker, again. Hopefully this year it makes it through the weekend, or first day...

#21 7 years ago

We are looking for someone to run the Youth Tournament at Pinball at the 'Zoo, Anyone interested in running this event?

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from klassicarcade:

We are looking for someone to run the Youth Tournament at Pinball at the 'Zoo, Anyone interested in running this event?

Underspin?

What kind of time commitment is needed? Would be easier to see if feasible if we could see what is needed.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from marcand:

Underspin?
    What kind of time commitment is needed? Would be easier to see if feasible if we could see what is needed.

I'm talking to Alex now and working out some details. Might work, might not. Will have an answer soon.

#24 7 years ago

Kevin, if you can find a space where I can set up a booth with one machine in it I will run the kids tourney. I talked to Alex at length and he and I are in agreement that a simple free-to-enter "top three scores wins" would be the best route to go. I will purchase gift cards that can be mailed to winners should they not be at the event at the time they win. If you are cool with this new route then I'm your guy. Lemme know.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

Hopefully this year it makes it through the weekend, or first day...

If at first you don't succeed, get pissed off, swear, throw things, and try again.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

If at first you don't succeed, get pissed off, swear, throw things, and try again.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. I have done all 4. whats next....

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

Kevin, if you can find a space where I can set up a booth with one machine in it I will run the kids tourney. I talked to Alex at length and he and I are in agreement that a simple free-to-enter "top three scores wins" would be the best route to go. I will purchase gift cards that can be mailed to winners should they not be at the event at the time they win. If you are cool with this new route then I'm your guy. Lemme know.

Do you want the booth next to the other tournament? I'm fine with a simple tournament... Kevin

#28 7 years ago

Do you want the booth next to the other tournament? I'm fine with a simple tournament... Kevin

That would be best, yes. I'll make it a fun tourney for the kiddos. Speaking of which, what is an appropriate cutoff? 14 years old is my best guess.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

That would be best, yes. I'll make it a fun tourney for the kiddos. Speaking of which, what is an appropriate cutoff? 14 years old is my best guess.

Guess i won't make that one. drat

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. I have done all 4. whats next....

Pickup drop slam tilt backed up with some kicking in the coin door that will show it who's really frustrated

#31 7 years ago

Planning on bringing MSF for the free play area that will be for sale.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

That would be best, yes. I'll make it a fun tourney for the kiddos.

Let me know what you would like in terms of tables and chairs and I will make sure they are ready for you upon arrival.

#33 7 years ago

Let me know what you would like in terms of tables and chairs and I will make sure they are ready for you upon arrival.

Thanks Bill! If I butt up against one end of the main tourney I'd only need two tables. I'll have a bunch of camping chairs so no extra chairs are necessary.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

Hi Tim, We set the kids age to 13, 14 plays in adult. We set it at the arcade to match... Kevin

#35 7 years ago

Anyone have a Flash Gordon or a Nine Ball they will be bringing for sale?

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

es, yes, yes, and yes. I have done all 4. whats next....

Punt.

#37 7 years ago

Jeeeeeez I feel like PATZ 2016 was the last time I was out of my house for any Pin related activities. Trying my best to make it out there...even if for 1 day to see everyone.

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Jeeeeeez I feel like PATZ 2016 was the last time I was out of my house for any Pin related activities. Trying my best to make it out there...even if for 1 day to see everyone.

Kids will do that to you. You need a few more to REALLY keep you busy.

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Kids will do that to you. You need a few more to REALLY keep you busy.

Hmm....new machine or vasectomy

#40 7 years ago

And remember--the official currency of PATZ is bourbon.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Hmm....new machine or vasectomy

Depending on your insurance, either/both may be covered.

Brad

#42 7 years ago

Will be bringing a Neo Geo 4 Slot, Centipede Cocktail and probably my F14 Tomcat for the main area. Not sure if selling them (probably have high prices if I do).

Might be motivated so sell for the following: Radical, NGG, JP.

Will always be looking for a good EM pin to buy.

#43 7 years ago

Anybody heading to or through NE Ohio? I'm looking for a way to transport a playfield (w/o components) from the show.
    Thx, Bill

#44 7 years ago

OFFICIAL RELEASE:

FREE Youth Pinball Tournament at PATZ

Description and Rules:

A simple "top 3 scores wins" tournament for all youths ages 1-13. Youths can play our designated machine up to two times. We will record the highest of the two scores. Scores will be updated hourly on our website.

Tournament is open Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Tournament is closed Saturday at 3pm and winners announced.
    The top 3 scores will win the prizes shown below. Winners do NOT need to be present. They will be contacted and prizes mailed if necessary.

1st prize: $100 Amazon Gift Card
    2nd prize: $50 iTunes Gift Card
    3rd prize: $25 Fandango Gift Card

This tournament is proudly sponsored by Tim and Dan at TD Amusements of Rockford, MI. http://tdamusements.com

#45 7 years ago

Once again we are having a custom poster made, the poster is 24" x 36" and is a 4 color silk screen design. We need to sell roughly 40 of these posters to make it feasible. Cost is $20 per Poster.

http://www.pinballatthezoo.com/poster.htm

#46 7 years ago

Once again we are having a custom poster made, the poster is 24" x 36" and is a 4 color silk screen design. We need to sell roughly 40 of these posters to make it feasible. Cost is $20 per Poster.

Sent an order. Thanks Kevin!

#47 7 years ago

Hmm....no mention of the year of the show on the poster?

John

#48 7 years ago

I noticed that also and no mention of Saturdayhuff auctions either hehehe what up John you still not going to Ohio show

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

I noticed that also and no mention of Saturdayhuff auctions either hehehe what up John you still not going to Ohio show

I love that the term "Saturdayhuff auctions" is catching on!

Yes to my knowledge he is still running that part of the weekend.

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

LOL......The SaturDayhuff auction only happens at the Zoo show and no I wont be going to the Ohio any more it looks like....

John

There are 345 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/patz-2017-official-pinball-at-the-zoo-thread-april-20-21-22?hl=newport-bill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.